Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

@staff, tank made of stainless steel ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/3/2018 2:32:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Fays4l
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos2
@staff, tank made of stainless steel ?
Hi,
@staff please, is the interior of the tank made of stainless steel ?
Thank you
#2 (permalink)      4/3/2018 3:53:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
solksagen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos2642
300Wartz zero fighting zero spam zero trolls
#3 (permalink)      4/3/2018 3:56:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Fays4l
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos2
Thank you for the picture #solksagen, but did you buy the item SKU 8329200 or is it a picture from somewhere else ?

Edited on 4/3/2018 at 4:01 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      4/3/2018 6:00:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
solksagen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos2642
I would not buy it, a 60 watt heating element needs a lot of time to get the content hot, and it's not thermostatically protected.

This item is sold with many different brand names, all with the exact same looks, the exact same specs and the exact same pictures (f.i. the one with the car's cup holder).
#5 (permalink)      4/3/2018 6:43:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Fays4l
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos2
Ok thank's for the reply #solksagen, but i think this one has a thermostatic fonction/protection as shown in the picture provided by the manufacturer, and also, its not about getting the content hot but more about keeping it hot or at least warm enough to enjoy your drink, so i think 60w is enough power for that, the only downside is the fact that most of these heating water cups have plastic tanks, if not, the inside bottom part of the tank is generally made out of plastic, and heating up plastic with your favourite drink inside of it would make it poisonous or at least unhealthy to consume
#6 (permalink)      4/3/2018 7:49:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
solksagen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos2642
The photos may show it has a thermostatic function/protection, but it may not always function very well (see below), not for nothing most thermos mugs at FT are more expensive. https://www.fasttech.com/category/1922/water-bottles?sort=p1&keywords=thermos+mug

Elsewhere in the same product description:
This stainless steel cup plugs into your car's cigarette lighter and maintains a temperature of 60°C
Electromagnetic heating, about 20 min to heat the cold water to boiling point

--------------

Description: Cups of drinks will be kept at a warm 65 degrees (optimum drinking temperature)

Review:
The mug is not thermostatically controlled. Thus, if you leave it plugged in for longer than 15 minutes or so, it will overheat your drink to the point of scalding. The user needs to continually plug and unplug the mug in order to regulate temperature. This can be very annoying and distracting while driving.

Review:
Second try: around 20 minutes or so, the coffee started to boil, had to throw it away as it was undrinkable.

etc.
#7 (permalink)      4/3/2018 8:19:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Fays4l
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos2
It would have been perfect to have it thermostatically controlled, but unfortunately none are controlled thermostatically but have a thermostatic fonction/protection which means that it might keep your drink cold/hot for a descent period of time(not as effective as thermos mugs) but still efficient enough for my liking, pluging and unpluging isn't a big deal.
The most important part those reviews are missing, as i mentioned before, is the material that is covering the inside of the mug it self...stainless steel seems to be suitable for that purpose, so i am still looking for one that has food grade stainless steel covering the inside of it.

Thank you for your time and replies #solksagen
#8 (permalink)      4/3/2018 8:36:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
solksagen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos2642
Fays4l wrote:

The most important part those reviews are missing, as i mentioned before, is the material that is covering the inside of the mug it self

Several reviewers and sellers confirm it's all ss inside. You can check the big rainforest site (and also conclude FT is -sometimes even a lot- cheaper).