shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Not a mechanical box mod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      8/13/2017 5:50:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randallwhiz
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1980
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos847
You're on here nitpicking a fucking $11 box mod.
GET A FUCKING LIFE.
#32 (permalink)      8/13/2017 6:57:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
+1 details
Randallwhiz wrote:

GET A FUCKING LIFE.

What make him different than you and me ?
We are all "nitpicking" on something sooner or later, what is your point ?

You have been 'rear end' hurted in the pass perhap ?

#33 (permalink)      8/13/2017 7:45:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3454
Randallwhiz wrote:

GET A FUCKING LIFE.

Actually the truth is I merely pointed out a labeling error which was intended to help (something you've never done) those newcomers who maybe less knowledgeable, from making a misinformed purchase, the discussion developed further (but I'm convinced you're rammed far too up your own ass to see that).

Now, besides the 3 separate ESSENTIAL, got a life proving posts you made on the other page, ROFL 3 of them!!! man you're broken, lets get to the extremely sad part, YOU (v.sad) & Your relentless attention seeking efforts to spread as much of your nasty toxic self over other people's comments in some perverted way of making yourself feel relevant here, anywhere, for as long as you've been at ft it's literally ALL you've ever done, no rhyme or reason to it other than to prove to everyone just how low you have sunk, the epitome of a flawed & failed human being, it's not even imaginative trolling, that would be humorous & require a personality of sorts not a character flaw.

You're the friendless kid that annoys just to get attention as any attention no matter how negatively it's gained, in your sad life it's still more than you'd normally receive.
I genuinely feel sorry for you.

For everyone sake your's included, make an effort to fix your lonely self.

If all that doesn't equate as you severely in need of the "get a life" meme then I don't know of anything more deserving.

Now I've wasted far more time on you than you've ever deserved, so make the most of it & squirm away like a pig in shit as this attention is the last you're getting from me.

Edited on 8/13/2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason:
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#34 (permalink)      11/27/2017 1:11:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mauricem00
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos9
I fail to see the problem here. using a mosfet to reduce switch resistance on a mod is not an uncommon practice and in bypass mode my I stick pico hits harder than my nemesis or king mods.the mosfets used in this mod have an on state resistance of 0.0095 ohms and a maximum current rating of 19 amps continuous. your not going to match that with a mechanical switch. the taste is just as good with a mosfet switch as with a mechanical switch.is this a purest whine or is there some real advantage to a true mechanical switch? I have used both and the mosfet is clearly better. this mod is clearly not appropriate for the deep sub ohm cloud chaser but should have no problem with coils 0.25 ohms or higher
#35 (permalink)      11/27/2017 8:21:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
A mosfet is not going to reduce a "in good condition" switch's resistance.
It is only used to eliminate switch wear due to arcing, or, to acheive a faster switching speed, or, switching a different voltage rail.

As you pointed out, altho it look like you don't fully understand why, a mosfet resistance is not a fixed static value.
It is dynamic and change with the voltage present at the gate and at the source.

The lower the load's resistance, the higher are the chances the mosfet will remain in its ohmic region due to the battery's voltage sag.
A voltage doubler/trippler, ex: a charge pump circuit, to trigger the gate, would be needed to prevent it from staying in that region given the voltage available in this case.

A mosfet RDSon lowest resistance value is typically ~0.01+ ohms (10+ miliohms), and typically it increase with the volts/amps handling capability.

In other words.
If a mosfet is better than a switch depend on the circumstances.
On what is the pros and cons of each way and the goal that need to be acheived.