[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Loose 510 insulator
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/9/2017 5:57:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mojo100
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Loose 510 insulator
Received my sxk trillium last week but have noticed leaking around 510 pin. The insusltor on mine is loose literally falls out when cleaning.Is it supposed to be like this or am I missing an o ring.
#2 (permalink)      10/19/2017 5:53:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
redordead
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 57
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos26
+1 details
Most insulators are press fit or screwed in. Its unusual for it to fall out though. Normally requires some pressure to force it out. If you have any other attys your not using try and see if you have one that might have an insulator that might fit.
#3 (permalink)      3/30/2018 6:42:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3812
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2989
Make sure the little oring on Atlantis coil head is in good nic
,or present ,
or it will leak past this right to your 510 ..
I told you so !free at last
#4 (permalink)      3/4/2019 7:47:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
GorillaP
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 17
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos13
Alright, I figured this thing out. Your first instinct might be to take this outside for a good Jai Haze style breaking, but...

I took mine out of the box and the 510 pin fell right out of the bottom along with what appears to be an insulator? Dafq?
The glass also doesn't sit totally flush, it pushes off to the side just slightly when tightened down. I also couldn't figure out how to fill it if the glass doesn't sit tight?

So the bottom pin might not have come correctly installed in your tank. It is supposed to go down inside the tank, so the insulator sits flush with the bottom of the tank and the pin hangs out the bottom where it is supposed to. It will make sense when you start to do it.

For filling the device,
After making sure the pin is in correctly, put the coil in and righten down the top.
If you keep spinning the top to loosen it, it will come off and expose a side-port for filling it with a small chubby gorilla style tip.

Hope this helps save some people from rage as well as maybe save the life of a few tanks...

Edited on 3/4/2019 at 8:14 PM. Reason: