Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

clon?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/18/2018 10:33:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Scainer
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos3
clon?
Hello, this mod is a clone, right? I ask it because I have an original one and in the lower part of the tube it has a numbering. You can get me out of doubt.
#2 (permalink)      1/18/2018 11:18:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RollinOn18s
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 455
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos227
although it does not say authentic, I feel safe saying it is indeed authentic. I am basing this on the price, and well it looks just as good in these pics as the video i just watched. Also Fasttech is very open with the "styled" items they list. I actually just wish listed the black and brass one. How do you like it, I feel the switch is a bit weird though.
#3 (permalink)      1/18/2018 11:31:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Scainer
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos3
+1 details
I like copper black but I find the numeration so strange, even if it comes with the numeration and this photo has nothing to do with the final product. Let's see what the fasttech staff says, thank you very much friend
#4 (permalink)      1/21/2018 8:13:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
+1 details
it is authentic

confirmation in this video :-

My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#5 (permalink)      1/21/2018 11:33:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Scainer
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos3
+1 details
Thank you thank you very much. The technical support of fasttech confirms that it is authentic
#6 (permalink)      1/21/2018 1:57:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
An excellent mod by all accounts : it's my next purchase (unless all the Purge mods I've been waiting to be cloned suddenly appear).
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#7 (permalink)      2/3/2018 8:00:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
+1 details
Update

mine arrived : worth every penny (& some) Fires as well if not better than a broadside (that continuous connection is a winner). Button fires no matter where or how you press it. feels good in hand, not too chunky or cumbersome (like the scndrl) nor does it slip. Threads are as good as it gets.
My only neg would be I'd have liked them to have softened the engraving edges, they don't cut nor are the uncomfortable when in use it's simply an aesthetic. A second pass on the cnc to lightly chamfer would underline the fact you have just bought a seriously good mod for very little money. If I owned the copper or brass I'd use an abrasive to soften the edges, but I own this & don't want to damage the coating (which isn't going to chip in normal use that i'm certain of.)

TL;DR Its the tits.
#8 (permalink)      2/4/2018 4:16:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Scainer
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos3
+1 details
I am waiting for you. But a friend has it and it's brutal. You're right about the engraving with the painting, they've been a bit gross
#9 (permalink)      2/4/2018 7:50:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
Yep still a lovely mod to use & look at. If I didn't have my eye on 10 others I'd buy a copper version, I may still do :)

Btw if you like this Tauren consider the Arc V2 (if you haven't already).
It's of equal quality, confirmed by an authentic owner to be as good as the authentic, so it's of a very high standard as the Tauren yet different in its mechanical functions.

I own the Green version, I Love it.

It's very conductive (comes in 4 versions :- all brass or all copper (In 3 colours Black, Olive Green as shown & plain (naked) all with silver coated positive pin), lovely to hold & use.
Replacing batteries is a doddle, a solid quarter turn of the switch housing & you have access to your battery. A design or iteration of I'd like to see more often as the optimal conductivity of the Arc V2 proves that excessively long threads are unnecessary and only add a frustrating element to swapping out batteries. a
As you can see in the 2nd pic below there's no threads on the switch section which completely removes the chances of any binding or "freezing" of threads which ALWAYS happens to a mechs at least once due to heat causing expansion & contraction or because of ill fitting threads thanks to careless machinists, blunt, over used cutting tools or both. It has to be said standards in manufacturing clones has risen greatly in the past 2 or so years though exhibit A the Arc V2 :).

Arc V2 in Olive green cerakote made of copper (plain (naked) brass, plain (naked) copper & black cerakote in copper also available)
SKU 7384602

NB : 24mm rda's MAX. Kennedy 24mm's fit nicely & the airflow isn't blocked.

Edited on 2/19/2018 at 5:06 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      2/4/2018 3:03:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Scainer
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos3
Thank you very much, that arc v2 did not have it fixed but now that I see it, it looks very good, I point it out in green, I think so jeje, a greeting mate
#11 (permalink)      4/14/2018 10:04:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
NYC_Jay
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2017
  • Posts 51
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos14
Arc v2 looks nice, but it's all about the 21700s now. Golisi/efest 21700s are 30 amp continuous with 3700 mAh. Also the Samsung 30t and 40t batteries are out now as vapcell rewraps. 30t is 35 amps continuous with 3100 mAh. 40t is 30 amp continuous with 4000 mAh. Tested by mooch. All 3 are currently cells are currently the best batteries available to vapers.