Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

who knows this?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/1/2018 3:33:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
braunpascal
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 648
  • Reviews 278
  • Kudos317
who knows this?
can someone say something about the quality? Did someone try that?
----> SORRY for my BAD ENGLISH (use google translate) <----
#2 (permalink)      3/1/2018 5:46:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
leftjeffa
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6322
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos9256
+2 details
It's just organic cotton, really. I think they blend some rayon, and this newer version is thicker, but mostly your typical organic Jap Muji-tasting cotton. Same vulnerability to scorch more, a small break-in time, and sensitive to any impurities in your mitts. You know, a good cotton.

It was actively advertised in vape forums, vape stores (even here), instagram, farcebook, you name it. No one knew of Fiber Freaks locally. That is hands down, the best, though different fields - literally. You'll hear CBs' "best tasting organic cotton on the market for vaping", or this doozy, "created for vapers by vapers". Gets you every time. But these UD branded cottons are also w/o chem treatment, pesticides, bleached, or pigmented.

I was using Koh Gen Do (80 pack in link seems pricier than I remembered) which claims the same treatment. Loved it...until fiber freaks came along ;)

Look, you'll be paying for the regulated USP pharma grade quality, but ime, there's no difference between them all. It's just better packaged, I guess.
Resistance is not futile, it's V/I
#3 (permalink)      3/1/2018 6:10:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
braunpascal
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 648
  • Reviews 278
  • Kudos317
+1 details
Thank you very much for your detailed answer!
I don't like "pad style cotton" but I will also test the Koh Gen Do.
Thank you leftjeffa!

Edited on 3/1/2018 at 6:11 AM. Reason:
----> SORRY for my BAD ENGLISH (use google translate) <----
#4 (permalink)      3/1/2018 6:18:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Advertisement
#5 (permalink)      3/1/2018 6:48:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nyarlathotep
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 81
  • Reviews 37
  • Kudos78
+2 details
Out of all the cotton pads/brands etc i have tried the one i stick with is "puff cotton labo"- easy to work with, no break in and great value for money- 200pcs at amaz.. (name of big river!) and only £4..granted delivery from japan takes 2-3 weeks..beats muji in my opinion!
Ia! Ia!
#6 (permalink)      3/1/2018 7:04:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 992
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos1313
+1 details
I've never tried FF and use bacon V2 which I like... @leftjeffa would say this is much better than CB V2?
Man some of you are crazy motherfkers
#7 (permalink)      3/1/2018 7:15:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
leftjeffa
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6322
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos9256
+1 details
braunpascal wrote:

...I will also test the Koh Gen Do.

No problem :)

braunpascal wrote:

I don't like "pad style cotton"

Aw man, but you've gotta try this method. Take the thinnest slice of strip off a full-side of pad, and wrap it around something like a 2-3mm coil jig. It has been dubbed "the Scottish roll":

Don't make it too tight, especially on cotton. Keep it fluffy - think cotton candy lol, strand it through, hold more liquid. Think you'll be satisfied.

New2vape wrote:

I've never tried FF and use bacon V2 which I like... @leftjeffa would say this is much better than CB V2?

I can't say which I used, v1 or v2. Guessing V1? V2s' are supposed to only be denser, not quite sure. My whole point was that it wasn't all that special anyway O_O

Edited on 3/1/2018 at 3:41 PM. Reason: Meant 'V2s' are...' etc etc and so on and so forth
Resistance is not futile, it's V/I
#8 (permalink)      3/1/2018 9:42:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
micha80
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos0
well even the cotton bacon is "pad style" its very easy to handle.. you can take of stripes from every "pad".
buying cotton from "dm" or a supermarket never worked for me. i event tried the same dm-cotton that is pictured. its simply not "tasteless" like the cotton bacon and i really fuxxxx me up that i have to smoke 3-4 full tanks till the taste is clean.
and yep..never started with such silly sings like boiling the cotton in hot water.

did a good deal with 10 packs of cotton bacon ... even when i change the cotton every day this will last for years !

So if you like the taste of your cotton and you dont have any liquid flow issues there is no reason to change anything.
#9 (permalink)      3/1/2018 9:43:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
micha80
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos0
uppps.. sings=things
#10 (permalink)      3/1/2018 12:12:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2436
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos2032
Never tried the 'Bacon' just thought gimmick like so many items in the vape world. Yes I boiled organic cotton balls back in the day then bought a box of 'Koh Gen Do' when it 'gold' about 3 years ago. Found a reasonable high end beauty suppler who was not gouging. Still have about half a box left, clean, easy, fluffs nice, easy wick, no taste.

Is this Bacon that much better than Koh ? If respected FT Veteran member can say so I will snag a bag. Have not bought anything new to try after buying everything I could get my hands on 4 years ago...Haha

-Late,
#11 (permalink)      3/1/2018 12:29:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2618
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2782
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Advertisement
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”