Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Very bad quality
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/23/2022 7:04:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vadim90
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 42
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos7
Very bad quality
I used before Cotton beacon ( Not PRIME)
When i changed all cottons on my atomizers to Prime version, All of them starts leaking from every holes. I dont recommend this product. Its feels like cotton is synthetic and also i feel synthetic taste. Mabye it good only on RDAs.
#2 (permalink)      2/23/2022 10:39:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
There is a break in period with Cotton Bacon Prime and the first 5 puffs definitely taste rank, but that soon clears, but I've never experienced leaking unless I've screwed up.

It could be you have a fake pack, or you are just used to something else and aren't using enough wicking. I can't say I've found the texture feels synthetic, but the first few puffs until the cotton breaks in aren't good.
#3 (permalink)      2/23/2022 12:36:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1755
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1815
+1 details
I use rayon, which also tastes funny for the first five or so puffs. Before replacing the RTA tank after building I fire the freshly wicked and juiced coil a few times while blowing across the build deck. Simulate the puffs without actually puffing, then when you reassemble its ready to go and tastes neutral. Takes all of 10 seconds to do.

Edited on 2/23/2022 at 12:39 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      2/23/2022 1:57:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 447
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos329
I have a Pack since it came out and really prefer the V2. Never get used to the Prime, it really tastes somehow different, even after a few Puffs.
#5 (permalink)      2/24/2022 9:27:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
Same v2 or nothing, prime is not good. I thought it felt more synthetic, I also got the nasty break in period. I did not get the leaking, but I will say I think you need more prime and less with the v2 in the wicking channels, so maybe that is what happened.

To help with the break in period, I would wet and burn off my wick like 6-8 times, and I still got some of the weird off flavor from prime.
#6 (permalink)      2/24/2022 11:35:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12826
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19559
Is this the v2 you all speak of?

SKU 4045500
#7 (permalink)      2/24/2022 12:02:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+1 details
Supposedly, but I think there were questions about if it was real or not. Kind of hard to trust China not to just clone it, instead of having it shipped from the US, to then send back to the US in some cases. I purchase mine from trusted retailers in the US and have no issues with it.
#8 (permalink)      2/24/2022 8:50:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
+1 details
EternalSpline wrote:

...but I think there were questions about if it was real or not. Kind of hard to trust China not to just clone it...

I thought it was fairly well-known Cotton Bacon, Cotton Threads (and others) have all been copied for quite some time. Whether a snide version of the cotton is what the OP is using is impossible to tell, but a search will throw up comparison photos showing the small design errors in the packaging designs.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#9 (permalink)      2/25/2022 8:38:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

EternalSpline wrote:
...but I think there were questions about if it was real or not. Kind of hard to trust China not to just clone it...
I thought it was fairly well-known Cotton Bacon, Cotton Threads (and others) have all been copied for quite some time. Whether a snide version of the cotton is what the OP is using is impossible to tell, but a search will throw up comparison photos showing the small design errors in the packaging designs.

I guess I was being to nice leaving some doubt in the tone of my message. If you don't leave any you get the onslaught of defenders coming to the aid, or you used to, who knows now. FT doesn't do this, and China doesn't do that... You are correct analogueman, not sure how widely well-known, but I think it's not news to most.

If I was going to buy cotton from China again, I would try that BP cotton in the jars made to the MM specification of 3MM.

#10 (permalink)      2/25/2022 8:49:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
EternalSpline wrote:

If I was going to buy cotton from China again, I would try that BP cotton in the jars made to the MM specification of 3MM.

Interestingly enough, I have some BP 2.5 and 3mm Cord on order. I'll pop a review up when it arrives and I test it out.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#11 (permalink)      2/25/2022 9:15:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
Thank you I appreciate it, I hope it is good.

My one big complaint with the V2 cotton bacon is the amount of waste it creates being in the length it is. I get two coils wicked, with an excess on each end that I trim and comb out. If it was packaged/made differently I would get less excess on each end. It's not a big deal or anything really but it would be nice to have another source of cotton that I enjoy.