Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Very bad quality
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/25/2022 9:15:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
Thank you I appreciate it, I hope it is good.

My one big complaint with the V2 cotton bacon is the amount of waste it creates being in the length it is. I get two coils wicked, with an excess on each end that I trim and comb out. If it was packaged/made differently I would get less excess on each end. It's not a big deal or anything really but it would be nice to have another source of cotton that I enjoy.
#12 (permalink)      3/21/2022 6:15:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2247
+2 details
EternalSpline wrote:

Thank you I appreciate it, I hope it is good.

Okay, so I promised to get back to you.

I've been testing both the 2.5mm & 3mm Cotton Cord from BP Mods now in multiple set-ups since last week. And this is my experience.

Comes in a useful hard plastic screw tub. No odours when first unscrewing the lid.

The cotton has been obviously quality processed; the fibres are silky-fine, long, and well-combed.

Absorbancy is difficult to judge, as I comb my wicks, but the efficacy is as good as the best out there.

The all-important test though is break-in. And to my taste buds, this is as good as the cord from the guys over at eXvape. I could find no discernible break-in whatsoever. And I tried it with both heavier tobaccos and lighter fruity flavours.

All in all, with both quality and performance, this Cotton Cord matches the eXvape Cord, but it's cheaper, and you get more of it (8 meters rather than eXvape's 5)!

Frankly, I think it's superb cotton, and I've no hesitation in recommending it.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#13 (permalink)      3/21/2022 6:50:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+2 details
Good to hear, I actually purchased some and got it in the mail already. I have not used it yet. I went to use it on 3mm and I found it was not thick enough for my liking on 3mm, I wick thicker than what the cord is. I can just double some of it up or one and half or whatever I need to do, just have not tried it yet. On my next re-wicks Ill test it out.

I have found all your findings to be spot on, with the exception of actually using it as I have not.
#14 (permalink)      3/22/2022 1:45:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+2 details
Not knowing what to expect of it I wicked a little heavy on my 3MM coils, but damn great flavor from the first puff. This stuff might be my new cotton.

I really wish they made the 3MM thicker, I doubled it over to wick with it on 3MM, Did a big comb out and trim and tucked it in.

Seems to be wicking a little light chain vaping at 100 plus w, but I think that is my fault for going to thick in the juice wells. I would have gone allot lighter with the cotton bacon, so I will do that on my next wick job.
#15 (permalink)      3/22/2022 3:21:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2247
+1 details
EternalSpline wrote:

I really wish they made the 3MM thicker

One or two companies have also marketed 3.5mm laces. Sounds as if that would have closer matched your chosen coil width and wicking preference. Oh well. It's still very good quality cotton. Thumbs-up to BP Mods. :-)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#16 (permalink)      3/22/2022 3:33:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
Yes definitely, I have been vaping on the build a little bit now and it's very good. So definately thumbs up to BP.

I just like the cotton to be tight in the coil, maybe mine was miss labeled 2mm, because I can literally double it over and wick my 3MM coils. Or maybe it will get thicker the farther down the strand I go. Who knows, not the biggest deal I can make it work just fine. Id definitely buy again.

Thanks for the recommendation!