[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Oval hole, small airflow inserts, low Watts = Flooding
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/1/2019 6:41:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30138
+2 details
Arrived here just after the other thread that was sort of discussing the same things... at least at the end.

One of my Vazzling Dvarws is using the oval holed chamber and the stock 1.2mm insert.

After some days of suffering (but always having other attys set up, as normally I don't vape that tight) it started growing on me...

But flooding, gurgling issues, non of.

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 6:43 AM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      6/1/2019 8:52:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
TruckinVapor wrote:

I think the OP is sucking too hard, has too small of a coil, not enough wick density for the oval hole chamber. Creating such a vacuum that causes juice to permeate the wick like a filter. Adjust your technique, Dvarw is a direct feed tank, not vacuum fed like a KF... Full stop!

There might actually be something to this.(I am trying to resemble the feel from cigarette smoking, I also like my AF very tight, and I am chain vaping as I vape very low mg. This is why I am using a KF, this is what I understand is MTL...respective is my way how I like to vape.)

I am using 2mm (I think) micro coils ATM, 8 wraps usually (1.5 Ohms), 28AWG, yesterday also tried 6 wraps (~1 Ohms). But you may be right, just randomly looking at pics on Google, people are using coils with larger diameter. So cannot exclude that "wick density" is an issue here.

#13 (permalink)      6/1/2019 9:10:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+3 details
If you're getting 1.5Ω from an 8-wrap coil of 28AWG (0.32mm) wire with a 2mm inner diameter, there's either something wrong with your wire, something wrong with your ohmmeter or something wrong with the way you measure 2mm. I use 8 wraps of 28AWG on 2.5mm out of long habit (it was a great fit for a generation-3 Kayfun, likw the KFL, KFL+, 3.1, etc.), and that comes out to 1.4Ω using Kanthal A1. It also happens to be a good fit for a Dvarw, using the 0.8mm insert at 8.5-10W (depending on the e-liquid flavour) and 50/50 (since I DIY, I don't rely on what the bottle says the ratio is). No leakage, no seepage. And yes, I chain - I vape a little heavier than I smoked, and I was at two packs a day at the end. You can't blame this on everyone else being all "clouds, bruh" and using huge coils.

Yes, the tank can tolerate a smaller coil, especially with the smaller inserts, but I can see how the oval holes might be a problem if you're not using enough cotton in a smaller coil. You don't have to stuff it or anything, but you do need to make sure that the holes are covered - if you can see the deck from the outside, so can the juice. With a small coil, it's probably easier to leave the tails a little bit long and have them hit the holes horizontally (as in Gatok's photo). But it ain't the tank that's the problem.
#14 (permalink)      6/1/2019 9:22:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
cilika - You know what You are talking 100%! Flooding, gurgling issues are 100% user errors! My experience is that between 1,2-1,5mm AFC the 0,3 coil in 2,5mm inside diameter +- 0,1 is the optimal. The reason of the oval is because of the testers wanted to use the MTL in lite DL mode with the 2-2,5mm AFC... Quite easy to wick the oval too but needs a little brain make it perfect. Isn't it? (nincs igazam? - a gyereket pedig vágtam, mert lehúzta a Dvarw-ot itt a nemzetközi fórumon és még okoskodott is.)

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 9:23 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      6/1/2019 9:54:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 890
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos647
The DVARW MTL needs to build a little different than a KF. When I bought my first DVARW MTL there wasn't any information available so I had to do it the hard way and start building on it. At first I wasn't all that impressed about the vape experience but I quickly noticed that it was worth investing the time to use different builds with it.

As my wicking and building got better with the DVARW MTL my vape experience got better too. As a low nicotine (+/- 2 mg) chain vaper I now can say that for me it's the best RTA I own. I haven't tried all of them but to make me put my KF Prime away it does mean something.

To build your DVARW MTL forget about the Ohms. That's not important. Use 8 wraps around 2.5mm regardless of what ever wire type you use. I use 27 AWG Kanthal because I do use my DVARW MTL with a mech mod and it gives me a ggod vape till the battery runs out of power (around 3.2V). On a regulated device I only vape it at 9 Watt (chain vaping) and my wife 12 Watt (not chain vaping).

Edit: Ohms are only important for the hipsters. :D

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason:
"The Truth Is Out There"
#16 (permalink)      6/1/2019 9:59:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30138
+1 details

Flooding, gurgling issues are 100% user errors!

Mostly but not always, tengerész.
In the past, I had some Serpent minis, with the first one I could do just anything it was pissing juice all over. Sent it back, got a good replacement one.
Idem with a Troll RTA clone, useless. I binned it, anyway I didn't like the vape on it. Or my very first kayfun lite, years ago, when I was a total newbie. Dry hits over dry hits, till someone figured out from my pics that the juice channels were quasi non existing =)

Sometimes they can feck up with machining something, then you can tear out all your hair and there's just no solution. It's never excluded.
After all there're peeps who learn slower than faster. It's always better than never. =) (I don't mean only vaping here...)

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 9:59 AM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      6/1/2019 9:59:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
klynnn
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 618
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos457
+2 details
I'm using 26 gauge kanthal 0.4 mm at about 1.1 ohms. Now that I have figured out my problem with the top cap I like this as much as my subtanks. I put in the biggest AFC and it's perfect for my restricted DL vape.
#18 (permalink)      6/1/2019 10:06:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30138
+1 details
The "kid" wasn't the first who didn't like the Dvarw at all. Oh and he's sort of right on that, there's already a real hype around it =) The only difference that he was hungarian (?) After all it's better to ignore it. hehehe

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 10:06 AM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      6/1/2019 10:47:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8760
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31437
+3 details
cilika wrote:

The "kid" wasn't the first who didn't like the Dvarw at all.

I have friends who don't like the Dvarw. I mostly still call them friends.

Sure, it's hard to still get along with them. We mostly avoid the topic, because it's heartbreaking for both sides. And some love is definitely lost. But it's doable.

Can't wait for the next hype, so that we can all get along again.

#20 (permalink)      6/1/2019 11:31:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30138
+2 details
I do hope for you (and for your friends), airwinny, in the name of tengeresz56 too, that the next prodigy RTA, the excellence in itself - in addition - would be Dutch.

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 1:33 PM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      6/1/2019 12:01:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
+1 details
Well, except that everyone with any sense would know that it's actually Frisian.