Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Oval hole, small airflow inserts, low Watts = Flooding
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      6/2/2019 8:29:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
MichelArgouet wrote:
[quote][/quote]

This is how I did it, and now for testing I also used my boiled cotton, not the Japanese one. Looking exactly like your picture. FLOODING. Over and out, I am not using this anymore, it simply doesn't work for me.
#42 (permalink)      6/2/2019 9:34:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
+7 details
Can I have your unwanted dwarf? I’ll give him a good home ...
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#43 (permalink)      6/2/2019 9:42:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5457
+6 details
flexy123 wrote:

TruckinVapor wrote:I think the OP is sucking too hard, has too small of a coil, not enough wick density for the oval hole chamber. Creating such a vacuum that causes juice to permeate the wick like a filter. Adjust your technique, Dvarw is a direct feed tank, not vacuum fed like a KF... Full stop!You may be right that my vaping technique is simply not for that atty. I am using a 2.4mm coil by the way, and just tried YET another wicking technique, this time what people posted here with the sides "fanned out" and nicely spreading the two half circles. FLOODING.I also notice the atty getting *considerably* hot, this also resulting in hot vape and me getting an upset stomach after a while. (This never happens with my KFL). I am using the second smallest air insert, at 12.8W.But you may be right with my technique: I have a habit of sucking a few times with each draw, and yes I am sure this creates a vacuum. Anyway, this I how I like to vape, and the Dvarw just doesn't work for me.After the flooding today again.. I AM DONE with this thing. It's not just the flooding, also the very hot atty and the nausea I get with it.The atty, with the leaking and flooding is also too unreliable for me to store it and to set it down anywhere (eg. on my keyboard, like I do with my KFL). I need my vapes 100% leak proof, which is the least I can expect.So. Done.

Can't say you didn't give it a valiant effort Flexy, you're probably totally frustrated by now... BTW, the extra juice from flooding is causing the excessive heat issue, just an effect from the root cause.

The only thing I could suggest at this point (unless you've given up all hope) Is to get yourself one of the Steam Tuners Top fill tanks SKU 9686507... Has a one piece chimney that slides over the existing chamber wall and It'll eliminate the use of the chamber cap. (incase that area is causing the juice incursion) Also, you'll be able to precisely control the juice flow opening by twisting the drip tip.

If that doesn't work I'll have Carla's hammer at the ready and we'll put that Dwarf out of its misery..;)

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#44 (permalink)      6/2/2019 9:48:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
+2 details
Please don’t hurt him ...
#45 (permalink)      6/2/2019 9:59:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5457
+3 details
Jubby wrote:

Please don’t hurt him ...

Rest at ease Jubby, we'll just call it the "school of hard knocks" no Dwarfs will be physically harmed...

...I promise *fingers crossed*

#46 (permalink)      6/2/2019 11:10:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
+3 details
Can I at least have the chimney cap?
#47 (permalink)      6/2/2019 12:52:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
+3 details
TruckinVapor wrote:

flexy123 wrote:
The only thing I could suggest at this point (unless you've given up all hope) Is to get yourself one of the Steam Tuners Top fill tanks SKU 9686507... Has a one piece chimney that slides over the existing chamber wall and It'll eliminate the use of the chamber cap. (incase that area is causing the juice incursion) Also, you'll be able to precisely control the juice flow opening by twisting the drip tip.

If that doesn't work I'll have Carla's hammer at the ready and we'll put that Dwarf out of its misery..;)

This looks indeed interesting - but TBH, to me this looks like it turns the Dvarw into a very similar device like the Berserker. (Now judging from what I can see there). And even if I hated the Berserker (pre 1.5 model here) as it was also leaking like a MoFo from top filling, you can fill it with the "flip over trick" and then it doesn't leak. (Saying, sorta pointless to get this if I have a Berserker).

The other issue is, I can not exclude something else wrong with my device. (Even after I looked it over many times). I have just a hunch if I really would want a working Dvarw, I'd probably get a Coppervape clone with the smaller holes. I am very well aware that 98% of people don't have problems with the Dvarw, which leads me to believe something more essential is wrong with mine. (It's not like that I am inexperienced with wicking, I mean to my knowledge I really did anything I could, changing coils to even changing types of cottons and of course many different types of wicks.)

The strange thing tho: When I stuffed in 4 extra pieces last time to "fill" the sides, it didn't leak and was actually "passable". This is why I was surprised today that it flooded when I used that sort of wick where I spread it out and then had the two sides of the chamber pretty much covered. Common sense would said it shouldn't have flooded, but it did. There must be something really strange going on.

Edited on 6/2/2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason:
#48 (permalink)      6/2/2019 1:03:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16980
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
+4 details
Possible that the bottom of your chamber doesn't seal properly with the deck.
#49 (permalink)      6/2/2019 1:37:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 902
  • Reviews 75
  • Kudos656
+4 details
Use some tape to cover the juice holes. Fill it with water and let it sit like that for a while. If it leaks the water something is wrong.

I've tried that with the top fill design and it doesn't leak any water when I close the juice flow.
"The Truth Is Out There"
#50 (permalink)      6/2/2019 1:43:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6870
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16806
+3 details
as Cilika said - that was my major problem with my first Dwarf...

*nodding*
#51 (permalink)      6/2/2019 1:47:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5457
+2 details
cilika wrote:

Possible that the bottom of your chamber doesn't seal properly with the deck.

That would explain why the extra wick Flexi placed around the chamber wall stopped the leak. Created a dam and held back the flood.