[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Not so great... anyone else get one and the air holes line up?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      6/14/2018 11:28:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Orange_C
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Update: Arrived, exact same mis-alignment as the others, though it does sit flush to the mod and the airflow control is smooth, if useless. It technically works, but it's pretty restricted and turbulent/noisy, more than I like on both counts. Due to the internal machining, you'd need a CNC mill to modify it to fit like it's supposed to, or hack up the airhole location on the cap, but that would still leave the top holes above the posts, or 50% more airflow where it's not supposed to be. Ah well, we rolled the dice and lost. Ticket submitted, if I could get another cap I'd be thrilled.
#52 (permalink)      6/14/2018 11:28:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Orange_C
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Edit: Ticket resolved instantly, they're shipping over a new cap from a fixed batch. I'm happy, looking forward to it showing up randomly lol.

Edited on 6/15/2018 at 2:29 PM. Reason: resolution
#53 (permalink)      6/22/2018 2:14:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lozanoje
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2018
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+2 details
I ordered on 7th June and was shipped on 14th, I am not sure if the cap air holes problem has been fixed, upper holes seems misaligned.

Edited on 6/28/2018 at 1:14 PM. Reason:
#54 (permalink)      6/22/2018 11:43:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rickwhoo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 247
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos26
+1 details
cory_m wrote:

I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as good as the authentic, but did at least believe they wouldn't bother to waste materials or list/sell/ship something on here that is this far out of spec. I mean, it's pretty solid and if it had at least lined up I think it would have worked fine... for all I know it was just luck of the draw and I got one of a small number that are buggered up.

You might be on to something there vape8ion, maybe someone got their hands on some rejects or selected parts of rejects being sent for scrap. Now I wonder... which part is actually off, the cap or the deck. Going to order an authentic from a little closer to home, only about $4 more than FT and none of the random import custom-y-ness delays.

Where did you find an authentic for $4 more??? I highly doubt it.

#55 (permalink)      6/22/2018 11:45:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rickwhoo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 247
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos26
lozanoje wrote:

I ordered on 7th June and was shipped on 14th, I've just received and seems they have solved the alignment problem of the air holes.

Coil does not allow to see the upper holes light through, but you can see lower holes are aligned.

That's great. How does it work for you? Can the air control be closed enough for MTL vaping?

#56 (permalink)      6/23/2018 12:16:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lozanoje
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2018
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
rickwhoo wrote:

Nope, even at minimum too much airflow for MTL.
Flavor is good, imho.
I donĀ“t like the o-rings of the cap, they sucks and make regulating the air flow a pain in the ass.

Edited on 6/28/2018 at 1:16 PM. Reason:
#57 (permalink)      6/23/2018 12:21:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cory_m
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 93
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos48
rickwhoo wrote:

Where did you find an authentic for $4 more??? I highly doubt it.

Believe what you like, when I said that authentic recurve was about 26USD shipped epacket on FT which takes anywhere from 5 days to 6 weeks to get to me. After conversion from local currency to USD for this comparison I paid 31.50USD (39.99+tax CAD) shipped in country and had it in hand 3 days later. BTW it's definitely the holes in the cap that were off, the deck's holes line up fine with the authentic cap.

Edited on 6/23/2018 at 12:27 AM. Reason: forgot I paid 5% tax
#58 (permalink)      7/9/2018 12:56:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Orange_C
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
The new cap arrived today, alignment is dead on (or within ~0.2mm), afc is smooth. I may still swap for the Wasps's o-rings, but it's not too loose (won't come off without a tug) it just spins a little easily. Very happy with how they handled this, obvious shipping time/waiting aside.