Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Wires and coils
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/27/2022 9:37:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
japerezgarcia
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Wires and coils
Hi there!

wich wires should i get and what type if i want to biuld on this mod?
#2 (permalink)      5/27/2022 1:03:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2881
+2 details
Hi there yourself! Lol, the included RBA is pretty much a round wire, simple coil/ very small clapton type of atomizer. Other bridges, and there are A LOT, are capable of holding slightly larger coils (mass-wise), even small dual core claptons. You literally CAN NOT go wrong with the Bridg'D, and I recommend this as a great "does it all well" beginner-friendly bridge. It has multiple air options, 2.5 mm coil capable, reliable connectivity, and above average flavor for bridges....I'd start there when you go shopping, and new V2 editions include fancy firing button/ drip tip accessories for your new billet!

Basically, without knowing much about your vape style, I can only make broad recommendations - but if you take into consideration the small-ish nature of Bridges, "MTL" style vapers can make a pretty painless transfer. With a 60 watt device, resistances over .5 are a good starting point...you'll get decent battery life with the slightly "hungry" Evolv chip, and a few quick changes in Escribe will give you a full-featured mod with the battery life of a much simpler, less demanding chipset - I think you'll be happy.

Good luck!
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      5/28/2022 3:53:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5888
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4197
+1 details
"wich wires should i get and what type if i want to biuld on this mod?"

If you are using the included deck only and/or are new to vaping probably start with 26 gauge Kanthal wire.

Hope that helps.
#4 (permalink)      5/28/2022 6:39:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 63
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos18
+1 details
It's a good topic to flesh out on these bb with easy escribe access, c4w, what do you prefer for quick changes? I'd think the firmware upgrade to int so you get a basic boost is pretty important, but I'm blanking on anything to reduce DNA hunger? Does it default to cell cutoff at 3.2, I don't think I've ever fiddled with it and wonder if it's worth much?

The rba that comes with my box was the shizzle back a few Years, it's a kanger ssocc rba I think. I got Clapton in it, it chucked clouds, it's rock solid for mtl and does tolerable rdl, but it was easy to build and wick, it's still a solid starting point easy to get some n80 26g, or maybe 30-38 Clapton wire to start on the rba

I love that brigd too, had get a couple spares for that. The pioneer is also great, I love the 520 most maybe at that price
#5 (permalink)      5/29/2022 6:21:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2881
Ericsgreen wrote:

It's a good topic to flesh out on these bb with easy escribe access, c4w, what do you prefer for quick changes? I'd think the firmware upgrade to int so you get a basic boost is pretty important, but I'm blanking on anything to reduce DNA hunger? Does it default to cell cutoff at 3.2, I don't think I've ever fiddled with it and wonder if it's worth much?

The rba that comes with my box was the shizzle back a few Years, it's a kanger ssocc rba I think. I got Clapton in it, it chucked clouds, it's rock solid for mtl and does tolerable rdl, but it was easy to build and wick, it's still a solid starting point easy to get some n80 26g, or maybe 30-38 Clapton wire to start on the rba

I love that brigd too, had get a couple spares for that. The pioneer is also great, I love the 520 most maybe at that price

With Evolv chips, the best places to get better cell life is with the screen - how long it stays on, and the brightness and duration when firing and after firing. While adjusting cell cut-off can help, making adjustments to the screen will give you precious extra puffs. I'm on the road right now, but if you need a more detailed walk-through, just ask and I'll post later.

#6 (permalink)      5/29/2022 7:19:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5888
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4197
How much power does it take to light a DNA screen?
#7 (permalink)      6/3/2022 7:30:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2881
+1 details
Answer: usually an 18650, or perhaps a 21700. However, despite that, obviously a screen that stays lit after firing for 30 seconds will use more battery than a screen that stays lit for 10 seconds. Multiply that by each puff, and you have somewhat significant loss of puffs per cell. Thankfully, Evolv allows precise control of every aspect of this, as well as "cell cut-off" which indeed allows for more of the cell's power to be used before the dreaded "low battery" warning, although Evolv has it set by default to industry standard, to reduce cell degradation from over-extension.
#8 (permalink)      6/3/2022 9:10:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5888
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4197
"Answer: usually an 18650, or perhaps a 21700."

I searched the internet for awhile before posting the question. I was hopeful that you would have a good answer, the best things I found were cell phone screens wattage requirements. They were pretty low, but drain is drain.
#9 (permalink)      6/3/2022 2:51:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 63
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos18
I know going with the international firmware is required for me to vape on more massive coils, it gives a modest boost function, but that's not battery saving for sure. There's a screen on current rating somewhere, maybe 50ma, or maybe it's be tracked with quiescent current, but compared to 30-40watt puffs it couldn't add up to much but still...

You can drop it in stealth mode on the mod at any time, maybe fire locked and hold fire and down. I've just never thought an led light or screen does anything compared to the puffs we take, massive current and heat, I would really like to know, bc 30 seconds screen on for every puff, plus 60 mins standby after one puff has gotta really add up, least a few extra puffs?
#10 (permalink)      6/3/2022 3:50:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5888
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4197
So you sound interested like me Ericsgreen, I was going to put a longer answer but felt like meh, C4W is going to think I am out to discredit him.

So from what I have seen of much larger more complicated screens, the power is not much. If you are doing MTL vaping at very low wattage it will make, most likely the biggest difference, 30-40 watts is less difference, and for the way I vape at 100 plus watts it's more or less a waste of my time to care at all about the screen time on such a small screen. The Aegis X with it's very large screen becomes a little more important to me, but not all that much still. If the numbers I see for cell phones and the major size difference is what I think it is. I could very well be wrong, and I am totally open to that idea.

If someone loves math allot and wanted to work it out to the finest detail of what you can get, estimations, it would be interesting to hear the numbers.

I think running a series of real world tests would be cool, but I don't have the equipment to see exactly what a cell goes in at, and what it comes out at. In theory you could use a puff counter and cell measurements with it on and with it off and run it 20 different times, each way and see what the actual difference is, and that would be more real test than the math, and what would matter most.

At the end of the day, drain is drain right, C4W isn't wrong, and likely does get some puffs from it, especially over using multiple battery cycles.
#11 (permalink)      6/3/2022 9:48:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2881
Ericsgreen wrote:

I know going with the international firmware is required for me to vape on more massive coils, it gives a modest boost function, but that's not battery saving for sure. There's a screen on current rating somewhere, maybe 50ma, or maybe it's be tracked with quiescent current, but compared to 30-40watt puffs it couldn't add up to much but still...

You can drop it in stealth mode on the mod at any time, maybe fire locked and hold fire and down. I've just never thought an led light or screen does anything compared to the puffs we take, massive current and heat, I would really like to know, bc 30 seconds screen on for every puff, plus 60 mins standby after one puff has gotta really add up, least a few extra puffs?

A good example recently would be the lackluster Delro/ DNA60 mods...by reducing, or even eliminating "standy-by" time, "screen after firing" time, and reducing the brightness from 80% to 40%, at around 30-35 watts I usually get 15 or 20 more puffs of a moderate size, with the included 2200 lipo cell. All I vape for the most part is Evolv chips, and with Escribe there are 4 settings that can be configured twice each,(brightness percentage and light duration) to alter screen appearance, and save battery. Ask any YIHI mod owner just what a backlit screen can do to a battery, lol, it's not pretty!

Sure, it's not "revolutionary", but it's a thing regardless, and can mean a lot in the right circumstance...personally I try not to let that happen, because I enjoy monitoring my vape, but with a DNA60 or 75's "average" screen, I don't mind a semi-"stealth" approach.

Edited on 6/3/2022 at 9:53 PM