shopping cart empty
***Leaking and flooding Fix
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/10/2019 6:16:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moran
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos4
+1 details
***Leaking and flooding Fix
This Rta is known for having flooding and leaking problem righ off the bat.. so here's a quick fix for yall to do in order to fix it and enjoy vaping godness of this perfect RTA
1.you should take the base and the buble glass off the rta plus the drip tip+the base of it 
2.place it on hard surface 
3.place some plywood or hard material on the top of it (where the drip tip connects)
4.take something heavy such as a small hammer and hit it on the top
5. Walla the fix is done and no more leaking should accure
*** here a video for the steps https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vENvohWE4xw
#2 (permalink)      8/10/2019 6:18:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 9016
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos14137
+1 details
I have 2 authentic so far with a 3rd likely on its way soon and neither leaks or floods if wicked properly.
MOB RULE MUST NEVER WIN! Left-wing fascism: An infantile disorder. The far left preaches tolerance but spews hate.
#3 (permalink)      8/10/2019 9:04:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3177
+1 details
Moran's video link (in Bulgarian).

Fix @3:25
https://youtu.be/vENvohWE4xw?t=205

Edited on 8/12/2019 at 2:02 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      8/12/2019 7:24:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LukeV
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 159
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos115
I have no idea what he’s saying or what is actually accomplished by doing this, but I figure it’s worth a shot. I’ve had a Zeus X since they were first released and no matter how much cotton I manage to cram into the build, it always ends up flooding eventually. As long as the atty is being used, it works great. However if I let it sit for a couple hours or overnight while I sleep, it’s always flooded when I go to use it again. I’ve replaced every seal in it and nothing changes.

Might as well give this a shot. Otherwise it’ll just continue taking a spot on my vape shelf.
Teenage angst has paid off well. Now I'm bored and old.
#5 (permalink)      8/12/2019 7:34:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 9016
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos14137
+2 details
Funnily enough, mine are the opposite.

I wick them just enough that it slightly overlaps that ring so when i push the wick into its spot its not packed in but can almost pop out until its juiced. Then it sits there perfectly. If I overpack it, I eventually receive dry hits.

The downside to the way I do it, is that unlike any other atomizer i own, it really does need to sit for 15 mins, I suppose while the wick expands.
If I dont let it sit, then they will gurgle and I will end up with some juice in my mouth.

Let it sit for a short time and I never have a problem with it. Mine often sit for 8-16 hours and never flood, other than the very beginning if I dont let it sit for a while first.
MOB RULE MUST NEVER WIN! Left-wing fascism: An infantile disorder. The far left preaches tolerance but spews hate.
#6 (permalink)      8/12/2019 8:36:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaRaNiS
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 104
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos12
+1 details
My first one, bought here, was leaking as crazy, no matter how the build/wick was. Hell didn't even need to build, it was obvious just from looking at it that it would leak.
I followed those steps from another website, and it actually fixed the problem. But I had to do it about once every week. Bought a 2nd one here again, and on this one absolutely no problem.
So yeah 1 batch was totally flawed, and if they were honest they would have assume it and payback or send another one to the people having a faulty one. But it's such a good RTA that I bought another one...
#7 (permalink)      8/12/2019 3:26:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moran
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Funnily enough, mine are the opposite.

I wick them just enough that it slightly overlaps that ring so when i push the wick into its spot its not packed in but can almost pop out until its juiced. Then it sits there perfectly. If I overpack it, I eventually receive dry hits.

The downside to the way I do it, is that unlike any other atomizer i own, it really does need to sit for 15 mins, I suppose while the wick expands.
If I dont let it sit, then they will gurgle and I will end up with some juice in my mouth.

Let it sit for a short time and I never have a problem with it. Mine often sit for 8-16 hours and never flood, other than the very beginning if I dont let it sit for a while first.

U have to try it man im telling u it works trust me and thank me later..

#8 (permalink)      8/12/2019 4:07:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Charlygal
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 961
  • Reviews 636
  • Kudos1245
Did this fix last month found it in a forum it works ,pressfitted together after one wallop
M2mm x 3mm or 4mm - M2.5mmm x 3 or 4mm - M3mm x 3 or 4mm screws /grubs etc for new vapers will be invaluable Embrace the vape
#9 (permalink)      8/12/2019 4:30:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 9016
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos14137
+1 details
Moran wrote:

U have to try it man im telling u it works trust me and thank me later..

I will take a closer peek at each one next time I coil/wick.
Aside from it needing to sit for 15 min first, it hasnt been a problem.

But if that will stop even that 15 min wait from being necessary, its worth a shot.

#10 (permalink)      8/12/2019 4:32:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6157
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9006
Thats an improvement Charlygal.... Thank you :)

shiver
#11 (permalink)      8/12/2019 4:45:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 9016
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos14137
+2 details
You dont have the leaking problem with either of yours, do you Richy??
If not, did you get them both here...

*Indeed, I leave them on top of the SX Mini's, sometimes for a day as i have a couple and the bottoms are always dry when I unscrew them off of a mod.

Edited on 8/12/2019 at 4:47 PM. Reason: