shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Out of the box: no airflow, resulting in pulling just ejuice into mouth
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/6/2019 5:44:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notliamneeson
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Out of the box: no airflow, resulting in pulling just ejuice into mouth
Never having owned a KF or KF clone, I don't know if this is common.

This came to me with two AFC screws in the bottom 510 connection, which completely block off the airflow, making it nonfunctional out of the box, if you don't know how to adjust. Removing one screw entirely allowed me to access the other to unscrew it, open the airflow, and make it functional.

If you need video of the AFC screw location, check Matt from SMM's review of the lite 2019 tank, and know you might have to remove one extra screw.

Edit: Thanks to virtualsl for the reminder. I forgot that on arrival, the o-ring was also covering the airflow. To fix this, unscrew the build deck from the base. Don’t know where the o-ring is supposed to live, but in its current location, it just kept popping down over the airflow. So I moved it down onto the post, so it would touch the base when screwed back together. So far, that’s been a win.

Edited on 8/11/2019 at 12:23 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      8/6/2019 8:30:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
starman112
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 484
  • Kudos50
Yea same as mine,no problem but could be to a newbe also my one came with a positive air hole about 1.4mm.The other cheap clone i bought was same as original 1.8mm.Also this clone positive is thinner than other clone pins,so wont fit original 1.2mm as i have replaced on the other SKU 9690417
#3 (permalink)      8/8/2019 2:08:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
virtualsl
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos1
Same here, almost non existing airflow. Air flow pin makes no difference at all, air flow is same with pin almost closed as with pin taken out.
#4 (permalink)      8/8/2019 5:48:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Becak
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 607
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos431
notliamneeson wrote:

Never having owned a KF or KF clone, I don't know if this is common.

This came to me with two AFC screws in the bottom 510 connection, which completely block off the airflow, making it nonfunctional out of the box, if you don't know how to adjust. Removing one screw entirely allowed me to access the other to unscrew it, open the airflow, and make it functional.

If you need video of the AFC screw location, check Matt from SMM's review of the lite 2019 tank, and know you might have to remove one extra screw.

Thanks for this

#5 (permalink)      8/9/2019 3:15:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
virtualsl
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos1
Thanks for the tip notliamneeson.
Mine also had 2 AFC screws and in addition had o-ring placed directly into air flow hole bellow deck so my air flow was blocked twice. In short, crappy quality control. Almost threw mine away.
#6 (permalink)      8/11/2019 12:25:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notliamneeson
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Becak wrote:

Thanks for this

You are welcome 👍

#7 (permalink)      8/11/2019 12:28:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notliamneeson
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
virtualsl wrote:

Mine also had 2 AFC screws and in addition had o-ring placed directly into air flow hole bellow deck so my air flow was blocked twice. In short, crappy quality control. Almost threw mine away.

I almost tossed it, too. Thanks for the reminder on the o-ring over airflow hole. Totally forgot. Did you have success by moving it down over the post, too, or just rip it off?

#8 (permalink)      8/12/2019 1:31:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
virtualsl
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos1
notliamneeson wrote:

virtualsl wrote:

I almost tossed it, too. Thanks for the reminder on the o-ring over airflow hole. Totally forgot. Did you have success by moving it down over the post, too, or just rip it off?

Moved it into place, checked position on youtube. Never had problems with clones so far but sometime you get what you payed for lol. Think i'll stick with YFTK, SXK or some "branded" clones in future.

#9 (permalink)      10/30/2019 11:56:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zolipapi
  • JoinedDec 2017
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos1
dont be hard on this guys,
out of the box yes, shitty
you have to flip the oring into place and when putting together you have to be careful not to tight it over or it will slip again
also the insulated deck part is a little wobbly you have to tighten that up if it bothers your ocd
btw it works like a charm for me, i dont have the original to compare but other then the not that perfect machining its a great tank, would recommend to anyone