[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Can not connect via Android app
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/13/2021 9:10:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
blackhack wrote:

Carrion, I get what you're saying, but I bought a top quality electric one (OralB) from evilbay last year for less than thirty quid.....Why anyone would pay over eighty bucks beats me.
And why you'd need one to connect to a computer I'll never know.

All I can venture to guess is a lot of younger people feel the need to be "connected" in every aspect of life, obviously not for me or you...

My wife has been on and on lately about "fit bits" or some such...I guess we all get dragged in eventually...

(kicking and screaming)

What does he mean when he says words?
#12 (permalink)      6/13/2021 9:18:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 662
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos488
+2 details
My fitbit is hanging up on a hook on my desk......Where it will stay for eternity.
Hated it from day one, never liked plastic watch straps, and I don't need a watch to tell me when I've been out walking.
I'll stick to my Omega or one of my rolex's
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#13 (permalink)      6/13/2021 11:01:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2895
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4635
Use bamboo biodegradable toothbrushes instead of this.
We can't agree on everything.
#14 (permalink)      6/13/2021 12:06:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
This actually has me shopping for a new toothbrush, looked up Oral B and Philips gear, plus I dove into the bamboo toothbrush world for 5 minutes. It's a shame that those aren't sold more widely...Maybe I should get into manufacturing: my property back half (.7 acre) is an overgrown, imported Bamboo forest. My old neighbor was Korean and planted a few small bamboo sprouts 60 years ago...very invasive and relatively quick growing....these could and should be used for as many uses as possible, renewable resources that are this easily renewable are pretty rare overall.

As far as my toothbrush preference, I found an Oral B kit with two units (mr. and mrs.) and let me tell you...they are STILL very expensive. Of course, you can downgrade a bit and get the simple "vibrate" kind, which seems to be one of the big indicators in price...whether it oscillates and vibrates, different uv lights to kill bacteria, battery life....

Lots of choices, and I haven't even checked FT yet.
#15 (permalink)      6/13/2021 12:42:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zentrucker
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 949
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos605
You really want Gates or Bezos snooping in on your oral care?
Peace be with you ...
#16 (permalink)      6/13/2021 4:55:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
too plaque, too strong.
#17 (permalink)      6/16/2021 1:35:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
majus
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos6
+1 details
Ha, I've actually expected for the vaping community to be open minded and tech savvy. These 2 pages of pointless messages is just a good example of unreasonably toxic behavior. My personal reasons for the item selection is none of your business. I've never asked to judge my purchase, have I?

For anyone who's truly interested, the app allows to perform a fine tuning of the toothbrush behavior which is just not possible to achieve with a single button the brush have.
#18 (permalink)      6/16/2021 2:19:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 662
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos488
Up-down-up-down Ad Nauseum.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....