shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Photos! It's an exact replica! Great clone!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/22/2021 4:00:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hunterrrrr
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos33
+7 details
Photos! It's an exact replica! Great clone!
Here are some photos for anyone interested in this clone. I think it's awesome! I mean you can find the Zeus X for 20$ or cheaper, but this is well worth 8$! My only problem with it is that the chimney attachment is aluminum. But that's not a big deal. I'm glad I got this.

My website = ***Longliveledzeppelin.blogspot.com*** = Hundreds of Led Zeppelin bootlegs, all free!
#2 (permalink)      2/23/2021 7:43:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10858
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16769
+5 details
Glad you are happy with them but I had 2 and found they only lasted 4-6 weeks at the most.

I have purchased about 8 authentic Zeus X at various different times and the oldest, purchased 2 years ago is still working daily. One I threw out but in hindsight now now I could have saved and one I lost. Those were the original 3 from that same time frame.

The annoying flaw in the authentic is that after time, the chimney can easily slip down while you are vaping and floods the atomizer.
I have found, at least for myself, the best way to prevent this is after a re-wick, is to leave it to fully dry overnight. Any moisture will have it slip down.

Even then, once I put the chimney back in, sometimes I have to lightly tap it and it might slip down immediately. Two/three attempts and it will stay. Then it is fine until the next re-wick, providing I don't knock it over.

So my two clones just became too difficult, too soon. I threw them out but in hindsight, had I also waited overnight for them to fully dry, perhaps I might have had a bit better luck with them.
#3 (permalink)      2/23/2021 8:52:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
+2 details
...or, you could change the o-ring to a thicker or firmer one. (Gasp!) Clones, even original products are joined mechanically with threads, bayonet fittings, or gears. those cannot be changed, and are crucial to proper operation.

Anything else "press fitted" usually uses O-rings, of varying material and quality...these are almost always the biggest wild card, but luckily for us, they are easily changed...always, always save your spares bags...they will grow to a formidable collection in time that will come in handy...often for a different purpose than originally intended.

The clone shown appears to have aluminum posts as well, but I can't tell for sure from the photo. Not good...Don't let Wylie see this...he just came back!

Edited on 2/23/2021 at 8:53 AM. Reason:
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#4 (permalink)      2/23/2021 9:13:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10858
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16769
+3 details
Let us know how it worked with your Zeus X for thicker o-rings didn't work on mine.

Perhaps you can show us a photo of your working Zeus X?
#5 (permalink)      2/23/2021 9:39:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

Let us know how it worked with your Zeus X for thicker o-rings didn't work on mine.

Perhaps you can show us a photo of your working Zeus X?

Me? I don't really know how a photo will translate in this circumstance, but OP's last photo shows the offending O-ring, unless you are talking about something else...

#6 (permalink)      2/23/2021 10:01:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6489
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9540
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

unless you are talking about something else...

Shelagh is talking about the press fit that pulls apart when you tighten the base on being mitigated by an oversize O ring.

Each time you re-press the outer chimney back in to the top assemblies press fit you make it weaker.

Design flaw which is the Zeus X,s Achilles heel.

Give it a rest Trev, Your windowless basement blues are not our fault.
#7 (permalink)      2/23/2021 10:11:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
+2 details
Richy7 wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
unless you are talking about something else...

Shelagh is talking about the press fit that pulls apart when you tighten the base on being mitigated by an oversize O ring.

Each time you re-press the outer chimney back in to the top assemblies press fit you make it weaker.

Design flaw which is the Zeus X,s Achilles heel.

I dont understand your reference, but is it not the top chamber o-ring we are talking about? That's the only problem I've ever heard of with this atty. In OP's very bottom (last) photo, the single O-ring can be changed out so slipping is not a problem. Other than that, I'm out of ideas...

...and being familiar with you two (one), I'm not going to spend any more time on this. Good luck to OP!

#8 (permalink)      2/23/2021 10:18:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6489
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9540
+3 details
You don't understand because you have no experience of this problem.

Maybe you should wind your neck in rather than trying to pretend you do.

Have a nice day :))
#9 (permalink)      2/23/2021 10:45:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
+1 details
Richy7 wrote:

You don't understand because you have no experience of this problem.

Maybe you should wind your neck in rather than trying to pretend you do.

Have a nice day :))

Well, I know that the original has clear silicone O-rings, which this clone does not, apparently...
Silicone O-rings wear out much faster than rubber.

that is why the atty wasn't DOA, and was used for "weeks" before the problem arose...what else would any rational person attribute that to? Don't be mad, be smart. There is no other solution.

Except throw it away, I suppose. Your welcome.

#10 (permalink)      2/23/2021 11:38:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6489
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos9540
+2 details

what else would any rational person attribute that to?

ignorance.

#11 (permalink)      2/23/2021 11:53:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2261
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos1169
+2 details
Boy, you fucked that one up! Richy7 wrote:

what else would any rational person attribute that to?

ignorance.

I don't think Still.me is ignorant, just not mechanically inclined. You owe her (yourself?) an apology...

Edited on 2/23/2021 at 11:54 AM. Reason: