A Walking Solar Oven on your back...Handy
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      8/6/2021 2:34:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuroraPlasma
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 63
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos14
gotthedrips wrote:

i dont think this thing walks tho...

D r u,,,,gggg s or something similar. I hate this FT post system. LOL

[you do realize that so far you are the only witness to an embarrassing act, right?]

#22 (permalink)      8/6/2021 2:37:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuroraPlasma
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 63
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos14
"Uh, you replied to the wrong post again. LOL. I'M the engineer, I think Philip is in education/schooling of some sort. And, no, we aren't gonna burn up in ONE year....maybe 10, lol. Philip is a smart guy that is good with his hands. I'll take him in the apocalyptic wasteland over someone that thinks they're in "The Matrix"...that has no real world application, you know?"

Holy crap I'm flailing now. This would be shameful if anyone cared XD
#23 (permalink)      8/9/2021 5:41:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1051
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos816
My city is on the Mississippi river but we get our water from a massive 2000 year old aquifer. But you’re correct as most cities were built close to easy accessible rivers & lakes where many are now polluted and/or losing their capacity to retain normal levels. The west is now on fire and it’s become obvious many will have to relocate to survive.

What’s the old saying: “Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink”? The minds of the world better get busy to find a cheap desalination process for the oceans or many will perish quickly.

Edited on 8/9/2021 at 5:44 AM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      8/9/2021 3:25:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuroraPlasma
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 63
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos14
logidog wrote:

My city is on the Mississippi river but we get our water from a massive 2000 year old aquifer. But you’re correct as most cities were built close to easy accessible rivers & lakes where many are now polluted and/or losing their capacity to retain normal levels. The west is now on fire and it’s become obvious many will have to relocate to survive.What’s the old saying: “Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink”? The minds of the world better get busy to find a cheap desalination process for the oceans or many will perish quickly.

I'm assuming the HeatDome(tm) will kill millions worldwide next summer and that's when the whole fucking world will panic. All at once. Summer 2023 will not be survivable. Superly hoping to be wrong on this one.

The problem with something like desalination is that it requires energy and produces waste heat. Everything produces waste heat. No matter how Green our tech is there will always be the waste heat. How do you get rid of it? Radiate the heat into Space? Good Luck! The Earth has been cooling radiatively for more than 4 billion years and continues to do so. Radiating heat is the least efficient method and for a Planet, the only one.

The only path forward I see is to ramp up the development of AI's and more importantly AI programming and enabling sub-systems which will operate in our absence. That and secure as much data as possible in hardened storage. Humans are finished...let's not lose all of our information and memories as well.

We knew this day was coming when Mr. Gates stated that we are probably "Biological BootLoaders for AI Systems".

The problem isn't oil, or chemicals, or SUV's, or overwrap or whatever the phuqe the problem is too many friggin' humans. We need MAX 40M worldwide...not 8 Billion. Best of to Everyone