shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

PSU?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/13/2020 8:40:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1105
  • Reviews 145
  • Kudos306
PSU?
What’s PSU? Is it better than PC?
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#2 (permalink)      5/13/2020 8:50:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1858
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1572
+3 details
Polysulfone. In terms of mechanical toughness, it's about the same as PC or PEI. In terms of chemical resistance, it's MUCH better than PC, though I haven't tested it with enough liquids to say if it's as nearly (chemical) bulletproof as PEI. It's not quite as heat-resistant as PEI, but that doesn't matter when it's used for a tank shell. What it does better than PEI is not be amber-brown, which some people find very important - the colour of PEI reminds them of stains from smoking.
#3 (permalink)      6/18/2020 12:11:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Superdonkey
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 208
  • Kudos43
+1 details
essellar wrote:

Polysulfone. In terms of mechanical toughness, it's about the same as PC or PEI. In terms of chemical resistance, it's MUCH better than PC, though I haven't tested it with enough liquids to say if it's as nearly (chemical) bulletproof as PEI. It's not quite as heat-resistant as PEI, but that doesn't matter when it's used for a tank shell. What it does better than PEI is not be amber-brown, which some people find very important - the colour of PEI reminds them of stains from smoking.

I contacted Taifun directly regarding PSU and the availability of PEI tanks for their GT4 RTA. They said they were discontinuing the PEI in favor of PSU due to how much more chemical resistant the PSU is over the PEI. As a disclaimer, I haven't done any measurable testing myself, but the PSU tank material on the authentic GT4s seems to be holding up quite well for me.

Edited on 6/18/2020 at 12:12 AM. Reason: a word, for clarity
#4 (permalink)      6/18/2020 4:09:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1858
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1572
Depends on the juice/flavourings, I suppose. I'd bet that there are things PEI shrugs off that would kill PSU and vice-versa. I've been using PEI exclusively for several years now, and haven't found a cracker for it yet. But don't kid yourself, it's about aesthetics - a LOT of people simply don't like the look of PEI, and Smokerstore haven't been able to keep pushing polycarbonate.
#5 (permalink)      6/18/2020 5:24:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Superdonkey
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 208
  • Kudos43
I'm in the camp of "PEI is ugly but very durable" so I use it. If PSU can do the same or better job without the coloration, then it's a win-win to move to PSU when possible. But if I had to choose between, say, polycarbonate & PEI, I'd still choose PEI regardless of aesthetics.
#6 (permalink)      6/18/2020 5:24:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Superdonkey
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 130
  • Reviews 208
  • Kudos43
doubleposted, sorry.

Edited on 6/18/2020 at 5:28 PM. Reason: stupid lag