[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Do these things last for ANYONE?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      7/18/2021 3:28:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
syntax error

Edited on 7/18/2021 at 3:31 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#32 (permalink)      8/10/2021 7:39:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rexydg7
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos0
I bought one last month.. complete fucking junk.

Bypass NEVER worked at all, the electronics were shitty and spewed error messages all the time.

It finally shit the bed completely today after a whole 34 days in service!!

problematic the entire time.

What fuckin junk.

I advise anyone reading this not to buy one, waste of harde earned money!
#33 (permalink)      8/15/2021 6:09:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
Rexydg7, you are one of many who've suffered with the bad manufacturing, me included.

Buyer beware.

With that being said, I've somewhat rejoined the Paramour fan club. Currently I have 2 fully functioning ones, and I'm really enjoying them. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping they last...
#34 (permalink)      8/17/2021 6:41:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deb22
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 125
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos33
I wanted to be a paramour fan too...
But I've had bad experiences with mechlyfe in the past.. Customer care doesn't exist. Still love the paramour looks ... But I picked up the digiflavor sbs... Happy with that even tho it's 18650... I always have batts with me anyway... Glad for those who have a working paramour tho... 👊
#35 (permalink)      8/17/2021 8:31:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
I'm enjoying my Paramours, but my Digiflavor Z1 SBS with a Siren 3 RTA is built like a tank. Great combination. It's just taller than the Paramour by about 10mm.

I have over 20 18650's, and they're perfect for all my 12 watt MTL mods.. Don't own (or want) any 20700's or 21700's. They're usually more expensive, and mods with that battery capacity are always taller.

Now, I can easily see all the DL people loving larger batteries, or duals.
#36 (permalink)      10/15/2021 1:37:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
Aaaand, here's the latest in my quest for a Paramour I can rely on. They are complete junk. The green and black one I bought just suddenly died; no LCD screen, no function at all. It was 4 months after ordering, 3 months after receiving it.

That's 2 dead ones out of the three I have, and the one that works wasn't reliable for a few months until I fiddled around inside it.. That, and I smacked it on my desk a few times.

I'm hoping that tearing into the green one will somehow restore some function, but I don't have a lot of faith.

The funny thing is I just recently wanted to order more 18650's, and found some 21700's on sale for $4. I ordered a few. The only mods I've owned so far that take 21700 batteries were the Paramours, but the green one died before they arrived. Thankfully the gold and black one seems to work well with a 21700, for now. It added about 6mm to the height, making the battery cap exactly level with the top of a KF Lite (with top-fill kit). Looks good that way.

Time to move on, so I pre-ordered a Hippovape B'adapt Pro SBS mod in red/brown transparent. I made that decision after my purchase of those 21700's. Hopefully Hippovape has better quality control than Mechlyfe.

I'm at a point where I simply CANNOT recommend anyone buying a Mechlyfe Paramour. The failure rate is way too high.

Edited on 10/15/2021 at 1:43 PM. Reason:
#37 (permalink)      1/4/2022 2:35:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 11001
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9411
Brianstech, what kind of brainy tech are you applying here with this fiddler? Funny you keep buying stuff that you already know it sucks :D

But thanks, this discussion helped me to decide if I want to buy one or not .. Definitely NOT!
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#38 (permalink)      1/12/2022 12:11:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
Yes Andyk, I've already mentioned somewhere that I'm a 'glutton for punishment' when I ordered another Paramour. At that time my first one failed, and the replacement was wonky. I just thought that Mechlyfe probably worked out the bugs in their later production runs when I ordered the last one. I was wrong.

Hopefully my thread here helped you to make the decision to avoid buying a Paramour.. And others.
#39 (permalink)      7/21/2022 9:23:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 85
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos80
I'm back for another follow-up since the last of 3 Paramours just died on me. Done, I'm certainly not going there again.

But that's not all..

My Hippovape B'adapt (mentioned above) also died recently, then my Freemax Marvos, and both of them weren't very old.

All three of these recent failures were just sudden 'lights out'.

I don't abuse my mods, they didn't have liquid leaked inside, and they all still look like brand new. I usually have at least 20 mods and of course 20+ flavors available to me at all times, so not one single mod is ever put under constant usage.

Of course this sucks, but it also makes me even more appreciative of all the wonderful mods that just keep slugging away day after day.