Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Fantastic Little Guy!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/18/2020 8:29:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos193
+3 details
Fantastic Little Guy!
I thought this a bit on the pricey-side, but was pleasantly surprised to see that the device is actually constructed quite well and of very good quality materials. I was concerned about a review I read somewhere regarding loose movement in the tank cage, despite the battery cap securing it as tightly as it goes (regular RTA mode)... I was happy to see that mine is tight and secure. Also, the device is more comfortable to fire and handle than my Easy and Mixx SxS mods IMO.

I went ahead and sprang for the 18350 / 650 kit, and man is it sweet! Turns the Supbox into a higher-end Stratum Balance clone-type device considering the DNA 60 it sports. I enjoy the on-point temp-limiting, accuracy, liquid-resistance, and real-time constant battery-monitoring that Evolv boards offer. Even though it bites the wallet some, I would have passed on the device entirely if SXK's 70 watt version were the only one available.

I love the ability to swap between RTA's and all of my Billet Box RBA's. SXK just came out with a new, updated boro-pod tank that I'm pretty certain will fit most any of the BB RBA's, unlike the extra one included in this "Pro" kit. I ordered a few from the other 3 place, and am looking forward to them to arrive, along with a red RTA cage, and the SXK single-coil RBA for the other included tank with drop-in coils (should have been included IMO).

Not much more to post... Just a great little SxS device IMO. If SXK wouldn't have made this kit, and it was crafted by a modmaker on a FB group, I seriously wouldn't have felt ripped-off if I would have threw-down $250.00 for a 3-D printed version with a DNA 60 like other expensive ones often seen out there.

EDIT: If you're on the fence regarding the 18350 / 650 kit, just go ahead and buy it! The stainless plate looks great against the black body in Stratum Balance style mode! Truly turns the Supbox into a different device....

Edited on 12/18/2020 at 12:56 PM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#2 (permalink)      12/18/2020 5:03:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4855
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3044
+1 details
I see they've updated the UNI-Tank, probably due to all my bitching,lol! also, they have done an equally smart thing with the release of their VOOPOO PNP coil compatible Boro - meaning that they have all the most popular coils covered (Smok RPM, Nautilus, Vaporesso GTX and PNP)for people who can't, or don't rebuild.

The price is actually quite fair when you see all it comes with, plus DNA60. It's like having a DNA60 Billet, then paying 20.00 more to be able to have a SBS mod. I think it is easily the product of 2020 in the regulated mod category.
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      12/31/2020 8:30:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 221
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos193
carrion4worm wrote:

I see they've updated the UNI-Tank, probably due to all my bitching,lol! also, they have done an equally smart thing with the release of their VOOPOO PNP coil compatible Boro - meaning that they have all the most popular coils covered (Smok RPM, Nautilus, Vaporesso GTX and PNP)for people who can't, or don't rebuild.

The price is actually quite fair when you see all it comes with, plus DNA60. It's like having a DNA60 Billet, then paying 20.00 more to be able to have a SBS mod. I think it is easily the product of 2020 in the regulated mod category.

I did end up buying the PnP coil tank since I like the PnP coils, and have a few different RBA's for my Vinci & Drag X's to use with it.

This Supbox has been glued to my hand since I've had it. It really is a damn sweet device in SxS mode.. My Tripod in extended mode has been happily living in it's protected cage, just at the height I like using the 510 spacer. After handling other SxS devices like the Easy and Mixx, I've really come to like and appreciate the tank cage on the Supbox.. It is just more comfortable for me to handle overall, and keeps my hands-off of the RTA. Another bonus IMO, is the ability to run longer tanks quite nicely by not installing the 510 spacer at all, using the native connector.

Thanks to the timely Christmas sale, and happening to be in-stock, I'm VERY fortunate to have another DNA 60 Supbox on the way for not much more than $80.00 shipped!! Even considering that I paid the regular going price for the 1st one, the total price paid for both combined comes-out to less than what many mod-meisters on FB charge for a single, quite similar 3D-printed DNA 60 SxS mod... It will be great to have one in SxS mode, and the other in Boro-mode ready to roll. :)

SXK really knocked this one out-of-the-park IMO. I had my eye on a couple of the higher-end Italian DNA 60 SxS mods which run close to $300.00 USD, but since owning the Supbox I no longer have the same desire for them.. The ability to convert the Supbox into a Stratum Balance type device is just more icing on the cake..

"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#4 (permalink)      12/31/2020 9:00:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4855
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3044
+1 details
Yes, I agree. I just sold my Zero Boro, which I was very unhappy with. I paid 330.00 for it new 3 months ago, and used it 2 days....uncomfortable to fire and hold at the same time, a different nylon (cheaper) for the boro door, so the two blacks do not match. Add in an off center fire button and a bare bones chipset from Dicodes, and you have half the device of Supbox - literally! Great in both modes, 3 if you buy the "stratum" kit, with a good amount of customization as well.

I now own 3 billets, two Evo60 and a Supbox for my boro needs. The zero was a zero and the limelight only works 50 percent of the time! Good riddance to bad products. People need to look out for SXK, they are capable of good things...they just need to hire me as designer for 6 figures and I'll pack my bags....

Edited on 12/31/2020 at 12:27 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#5 (permalink)      1/20/2021 5:42:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FaisalAlroqi
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11
carrion4worm wrote:

Yes, I agree. I just sold my Zero Boro, which I was very unhappy with. I paid 330.00 for it new 3 months ago, and used it 2 days....uncomfortable to fire and hold at the same time, a different nylon (cheaper) for the boro door, so the two blacks do not match. Add in an off center fire button and a bare bones chipset from Dicodes, and you have half the device of Supbox - literally! Great in both modes, 3 if you buy the "stratum" kit, with a good amount of customization as well.I now own 3 billets, two Evo60 and a Supbox for my boro needs. The zero was a zero and the limelight only works 50 percent of the time! Good riddance to bad products. People need to look out for SXK, they are capable of good things...they just need to hire me as designer for 6 figures and I'll pack my bags....

Please i have some questions and i would love you to give me answers:

Q1/ is Supbox or Evo60 better buy? and why?

Q2/ Is the vape same as skyline/imperia/dvarw rta for rrestrictd dl? same flavor or less? im rdl vaper.