Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Who choose this
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      1/2/2021 4:25:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
People here cry about packages being a week late, there's no way they would pony up a 200 deposit just for the pleasure of being put on a waitlist...

Edit - I was confused, Turnwood FX probably works much the same way however. I was referring to FYNE mods, who , in my opinion, make the best mods on this planet. Fyne is different, in that every mod is an original designed by the customer. Turnwood has several models pre-planned to choose from, with customer input on the wood/resin, and I'm sure flourishes here and there...

I am "on the list" and have paid my deposit, with an estimated 5-6 months before Matt, the sole builder, starts on mine...of course I've already got it designed lol! People should check out his mods, they are gorgeous, one of a kind, and pretty ingenious at times....

users here should pay special attention to his stabwood dual 21 with the Topside bottle system! many videos on YT as well as Instagram

But as far as production mods from FB modders, I dont do the X!s and waffles...but usually money talks and bullshit walks, so if anyone is looking for something they think is unobtainable: Get your money right, then I promise you'll get that mod you want. They make people jump through hoops because of high bullshit levels! Everybody "wants that" until it's time to pay!
What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      1/2/2021 4:34:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
heffo
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2429
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos3423
+4 details
Looks like Fr. Jack's ear wax candle.
#23 (permalink)      1/3/2021 12:33:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
carrion4worm wrote:

But as far as production mods from FB modders, I dont do the X!s and waffles...but usually money talks and bullshit walks, so if anyone is looking for something they think is unobtainable: Get your money right, then I promise you'll get that mod you want. They make people jump through hoops because of high bullshit levels! Everybody "wants that" until it's time to pay!

Their justifications for requiring people to jump through ridiculous hoops to be in with a remote chance of purchasing a consumer product is irrelevant to me. It's simply something I've refused to participate in from day one.

Edited on 1/3/2021 at 4:47 AM. Reason:
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#24 (permalink)      1/3/2021 4:07:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mariokart
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 133
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos74
I would buy this one, but at half of this price, like my stabwood ultroner-SXK mods. I just wait for this.
#25 (permalink)      1/3/2021 4:24:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
+1 details
mariokart wrote:

I would buy this one, but at half of this price, like my stabwood ultroner-SXK mods. I just wait for this.

As I've said before, these DNA-60s tend to sell out quite quickly. If you wait for it, you'll likely miss it.

#26 (permalink)      1/3/2021 8:05:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
this isn't an Ultroner with a chinese chip. Dont expect too much of a reduction, Mario.analogueman wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:But as far as production mods from FB modders, I dont do the X!s and waffles...but usually money talks and bullshit walks, so if anyone is looking for something they think is unobtainable: Get your money right, then I promise you'll get that mod you want. They make people jump through hoops because of high bullshit levels! Everybody "wants that" until it's time to pay!Their justifications for requiring people to jump through ridiculous hoops to be in with a remote chance of purchasing a consumer product is irrelevant to me. It's simply something I've refused to participate in from day one.

that's fine, but it's not quite as "private" and "elite" as you might think, at least for most of the modders you're probably familiar with. Mainly the tiny, one man in a workshop, putting out 10 mods a year does the waffles and quickstrikes...tiny unknowns like Optimum, Meta, etc that most have never heard of...

I joined FB only 6 months ago and Ive joined every group i wanted, bought every mod ive wanted, no problems...I will admit, that before I joined I thought much the same as you, but I too, was working off old info from grumpy people that never tried! It's really quite easy to obtain anything you want, IF you have the Paypal to back it up lol!

Stranger mods, one of the most expensive modders in Italy, wants you to have 3 current group members to vouch for you, and then you have to answer the modders questions, to be let in, just to get on the very short list for a mod. I had no one to vouch, but i simply messaged him privately, told him I wanted a mod, and mentioned other mods and modders I was a fan off...

My 21700 should arrive this week!

So...all i'm saying is that it's been a little overplayed, not that big of a deal...my biggest hassle was creating a FaceBook profile(again)!

#27 (permalink)      1/3/2021 8:37:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
carrion4worm wrote:

So...all i'm saying is that it's been a little overplayed, not that big of a deal...my biggest hassle was creating a FaceBook profile(again)!

It's no deal at all for me. I'm not, have never been, and will never be, a member of any social media platform in my life.

I simply find the hoop-jumping process from some, utterly ridiculous. It's tantamount to the Spiv in the Saturday market convincing the crowd on the promise of something wondrous when it's little more than practised audience manipulation.

#28 (permalink)      1/3/2021 9:24:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
ok, I get you! But...it also proves what I said, since you admit any knowledge you have of the process is anecdotal. You can officially add my experience to your data base!

But in essence, it's just a vetting process, to weed out pretenders. No modder wants to spend 35 hours crafting a mod for a person that acts "rich" on the internet, but then doesn't pay when the balance is due.

I also agree it hurts the good, honest people out there that just want a nice mod. But as always in this world, we have to bow to the lowest common denominator.

I didn't make the rules, but I can adapt to anything to suit my purpose. That's the attitude I have about it anyway.
#29 (permalink)      1/3/2021 9:41:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2247
A lot of Mark Todd's videos are for kit exactly as described above. You sound like you're in denial about it old boy! :-D
#30 (permalink)      1/3/2021 9:59:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
analogueman wrote:

A lot of Mark Todd's videos are for kit exactly as described above. You sound like you're in denial about it old boy! :-D

You really think Todd goes through any of that bullshit? Of course he doesn't! Remember, he's also the guy that told his viewers that Aspire's Mixx held 25mm atties. He's on the outside, looking in, and trying to seem "elite" It's a over exaggeration, simple as that...I guess you won't try, but please take my word for it.

I only use FB to obtain mods. You dont have to participate in anything else. I have 4 FB friends, with Mark Todd as one of them...the rest are businesses, for the purpose of obtaining these mods.

If, for instance, you opened a profile: in one day, 24 hours, you'd have access to more mods than you can pay for...Sunbox, EVC, Lizard, BBVN, Rebel, MMV, KWH mods...plus more, in ONE day.

AS i mentioned before, if you wanna get REALLY obscure, you can chase your tail a little! But I will run out of money before I run out of mods...

#31 (permalink)      1/3/2021 1:01:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lanceG
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 125
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos34
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

Wouldn't mind the polished version.

Yep, that's the one! Great memory btw, I knew this seemed familiar... Man I remember drooling over that one years ago, dumbfounded on how one could ever find the list get on much less after the fact when only a few were made. I used to do the same thing with carlos creations too...