Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Who choose this
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      1/3/2021 1:01:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lanceG
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 125
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos34
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

Wouldn't mind the polished version.

Yep, that's the one! Great memory btw, I knew this seemed familiar... Man I remember drooling over that one years ago, dumbfounded on how one could ever find the list get on much less after the fact when only a few were made. I used to do the same thing with carlos creations too...

#32 (permalink)      1/4/2021 12:17:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FaisalAlroqi
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
carrion4worm wrote:

I grabbed a few of the mentioned mods for a quick line up....VA spade 21700, SXK SL GT clone, Lizard Mods Evo21, Ultroner(sxk) Alieno, and VA Club/Omega. Do I feel that the SXK products deserve to be in this lineup? Hell yes I say, though I might get kicked out of a few FaceBook groups lol.

Keep in mind as well that SXK does it, and does it very well, for less than half price of many of the originals. Why does overpaying equate to "high end" to many people?

If I was asked, I would say that entire row of mods is high end.

Just one collector's opinion, however.

What do you think better buy? SXK SL GT Vs. SKX Scud TT? I vape rdl with max atty size 24mm. Is SL GT heavy?

#33 (permalink)      1/4/2021 2:23:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2247
carrion4worm wrote:

You really think Todd goes through any of that bullshit?

Why would he need to, when he's sent the stuff gratis?

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#34 (permalink)      1/6/2021 4:55:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
FaisalAlroqi wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
I grabbed a few of the mentioned mods for a quick line up....VA spade 21700, SXK SL GT clone, Lizard Mods Evo21, Ultroner(sxk) Alieno, and VA Club/Omega. Do I feel that the SXK products deserve to be in this lineup? Hell yes I say, though I might get kicked out of a few FaceBook groups lol.

Keep in mind as well that SXK does it, and does it very well, for less than half price of many of the originals. Why does overpaying equate to "high end" to many people?

If I was asked, I would say that entire row of mods is high end.

Just one collector's opinion, however.

What do you think better buy? SXK SL GT Vs. SKX Scud TT? I vape rdl with max atty size 24mm. Is SL GT heavy?

SL GT, but you have to buy the 24mm ring set, or you;re maxing out at 22.5mm

What does he mean when he says words?
#35 (permalink)      1/27/2021 11:19:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+3 details

Initial impression is of high quality, better machining and finishing than many high end or expensive mods. Threading for removable 510 plates is reverse, and everything is very well done. Will expound after more time, just got this today.
#36 (permalink)      1/27/2021 1:28:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2793
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2247
+1 details
^^ I have to admit, that's a handsome looking piece of wood they've used there. I hope my one (currently in transit) is of similar quality and colouring tbh!
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#37 (permalink)      1/27/2021 3:09:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
the contours on each side are smooth and seamless. The included 22mm cup allows air ingress, but unsurprisingly is louder and more restricted. I like the extra 24mm platform instead, which offers ample room for most appropriate atties. The chip works flawlwess, though it seems the usb is charge only, and does not allow Escribe data transfer. I may check the wiring later, but for now i'm totally happy as is...I like the "odd" battery plate underneath...the small phillips screw adjusts for rattle, and the large thumb wheel easily turns to release the entire plate. Very quaint and old school...and I love it! Really impressed so far! The wood quality surpasses many blocks I've seen.
#38 (permalink)      1/27/2021 4:20:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

The 21700 dna75c Spade is one of the most coveted high end squonk mods of all time, and it ain't just because it's expensive.

Hey! I resemble that remark! ;0)

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#39 (permalink)      1/27/2021 4:36:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
carrion4worm wrote:

the contours on each side are smooth and seamless. The included 22mm cup allows air ingress, but unsurprisingly is louder and more restricted. I like the extra 24mm platform instead, which offers ample room for most appropriate atties. The chip works flawlwess, though it seems the usb is charge only, and does not allow Escribe data transfer. I may check the wiring later, but for now i'm totally happy as is...I like the "odd" battery plate underneath...the small phillips screw adjusts for rattle, and the large thumb wheel easily turns to release the entire plate. Very quaint and old school...and I love it! Really impressed so far! The wood quality surpasses many blocks I've seen.

Can we get a quick picky of that fine USB cutout? Either my eyes are failing ur, never were much good really but I think I remember seeing less than stellar work in that particular area.

DNA 60s are different and do tend to show the cream of the crop in mod builders IMHO, this is why you see "high end" DNA60 mods without the USBs.

#40 (permalink)      1/27/2021 4:37:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
That's a pimp Spade you got there! The demand for these, even today, is still incredible. Honestly, I don't own your 21700 version, it's the one I never could get. Love the bottle system, 100%.
#41 (permalink)      1/27/2021 4:41:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
carrion4worm wrote:

That's a pimp Spade you got there! The demand for these, even today, is still incredible. Honestly, I don't own your 21700 version, it's the one I never could get. Love the bottle system, 100%.

Thanks! As we know it wasn't cheap, and they added the magnets for the door to batteries just before I ordered. Sweated that more than a little!

Edit: It was me with the USB cutout, may have been an earlier picture.

Edited on 1/27/2021 at 4:44 PM. Reason: Squinters