Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Was listed as Ulton, now it's not Ulton?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/23/2021 6:39:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
Member
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 214
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+1 details
There is a rumour that some Skyline R clones have problem with air-insert fitting on the deck. They fit very loose and will not restrict the airflow as supposed.
I would not get no-name clone if I wanted tight MTL before knowing if it has that problem. For DL it might not be a big issue.
#12 (permalink)      4/23/2021 7:05:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Member
+1 details
vashcorler wrote:

I think this one is ShenRay or another small factory with no name?Is anyone know what SKU of Ulton one is?

SKU 9739202 SKU 9739205

#13 (permalink)      4/23/2021 8:47:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3912
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2404
Lalli wrote:

There is a rumour that some Skyline R clones have problem with air-insert fitting on the deck. They fit very loose and will not restrict the airflow as supposed.
I would not get no-name clone if I wanted tight MTL before knowing if it has that problem. For DL it might not be a big issue.


It's not a rumor, it's fact, but it concerns only the original and the first batch of air inserts, as far as I've heard. I heard changes have been made to the insert size and some replacements were sent out. This COULD mean that they fit loosely on 1 to 1 clones as well, but I don't think the airflow insert is loose when the atty is assembled, it could slide out and be easily lost WHILE taking apart the tank...not a happy thing indeed!

I believe my SXK should arrive today or tomorrow...no one else it appears has received one to talk about either....I guess we will find out soon enough. Of course I ordered DL, so someone else will have to test out the MTL.


Edited on 4/23/2021 at 6:37 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      4/23/2021 8:56:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vashcorler
Member
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 44
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos20
+4 details
I got a short vids about AFC disk of Sxk 's Skyline R.
That's totally turth about AFC is too loose on Sxk Skyline R.
(Except 2.0 AFC is barely acceptable. Else disks are all pretty loose when being installed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7ldY4GqpQ
SXK also mess up with peek insulator, their peek insulator is not stay flush on the deck surface.
https://imgur.com/gallery/19lMfmd


I also have Coppervapes version, have excatly same sutiaion as well.
New test below
Shortcut to Peek Comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0tEPsAKE0o&t=3m11s
Shortcut to AFC Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0tEPsAKE0o&t=530s

Full vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0tEPsAKE0o&t=191s

Err.. is there anyone know how to embed youtube vids in the forum?

Edited on 4/25/2021 at 6:36 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      4/24/2021 3:31:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Member
+1 details
vashcorler wrote:

I got a short vids about AFC disk of Sxk 's Skyline R.That's totally turth about AFC is too loose on Sxk Skyline R.(Except 2.0 AFC is barely acceptable. Else disks are all pretty loose when being installed)





SXK also mess up with peek insulator, their peek insulator is not stay flush on the deck surface.



I also have Coppervapes version, have excatly same sutiaion as well.


SXK quality going down but they keep raising their prices.


Edited on 4/24/2021 at 3:33 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      4/24/2021 4:08:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3912
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2404
Ok, I see a certain narrative being created that may be a little misguided and unfair. The air inserts are meant to be removed easily. I'd bet, when in a working, juice-filled mod, it works like it's supposed to. It won't fall out when it's all juiced up and suction holds the insert down. It's a little unfair to take completely new, dry parts and expect them to somehow stick together.

The insulator photo seems to show a damaged, dented insulator. Can't claim to know how it got that way, but at least none of the Skylines listed here have that visible "issue".
What does he mean when he says words?
#17 (permalink)      4/24/2021 5:26:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Member
carrion4worm wrote:

Ok, I see a certain narrative being created that may be a little misguided and unfair. The air inserts are meant to be removed easily. I'd bet, when in a working, juice-filled mod, it works like it's supposed to. It won't fall out when it's all juiced up and suction holds the insert down. It's a little unfair to take completely new, dry parts and expect them to somehow stick together.

The insulator photo seems to show a damaged, dented insulator. Can't claim to know how it got that way, but at least none of the Skylines listed here have that visible "issue".

vashcorler's video clearly shows how loose it is because of the gap. The air inserts aren't supposed to be removed/fall out that easily. Poor QC by SXK and Coppervape.

You can see the damaged insulator on the SXK clone here.



Have you seen the SXK Link'd NFG (No Fucking Good?) Style RBTA for $50? Even you've got to admit that SXK are taking the piss out of people at that price. It should be $30 or $35 tops. As I and others have noticed over the past 6 months SXK quality is dropping yet they're raising their prices.

#18 (permalink)      4/24/2021 5:50:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3912
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2404
The video I saw shows a guy hitting his deck on the table to knock it out, and the photo of the insulator shows damage from tool marks. The video you just posted seems to show an undamaged deck/insulator...maybe I missed it, but I see no tool marks.

SXK says the LINK'D msrp is 34.99. You are confusing a vendor with the manufacturer. SXK can not set a vendor's price. If you're interested, I can get you 50 of them at 22.00 a piece....that's actually from SXK.
What does he mean when he says words?
#19 (permalink)      4/24/2021 6:01:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vashcorler
Member
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 44
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos20
Sorry I guess I didn't doing very well
in the vid. I would do a new one later.

Edited on 4/24/2021 at 6:02 AM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      4/24/2021 6:05:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3912
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2404
Nothing against Vashcorler of course, but a person must always consider his sources....I mean, look what happened to Republicans in the U.S.! They believed everything they were told to a level of insanity heretofore unseen. We agree on the main point, that the inserts can be loose, which is the main point and title of his vid. I posted about this issue affecting the authentic, and possibly 1 to 1 clones just yesterday.
What does he mean when he says words?
#21 (permalink)      4/24/2021 6:16:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3912
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2404
vashcorler wrote:

Sorry I guess I didn't doing very wellin the vid. I would do a new one later.


You made your point. But it did appear to me that you couldn't get it to fall out, then manipulated it a bit so it would fall out. That's how it appears...but again, your point is a valid one. I will simply give an example that many here will understand (hopefully):

If you've ever bought a brand new Billet box, the boro inside rattles around when unlocked, and easily falls out when tipped over...however - fill that boro with juice,rba and coils (making it much heavier), use it for a couple days, then unlock the boro and try to remove it...good luck, right? Most of us have to poke something down the chimney, or SLAP it on our hand while upside down, to remove it. See? It's the same concept as a mod with loose, clicky panels...after months of use, juice, grime, dirt, microscopic SHIT settles in those panel grooves, making the panels more secure over time (and less noisy)

Give it a chance to work as intended. It may yet prove worthy!

What does he mean when he says words?