Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Was listed as Ulton, now it's not Ulton?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      4/24/2021 6:16:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
vashcorler wrote:

Sorry I guess I didn't doing very wellin the vid. I would do a new one later.

You made your point. But it did appear to me that you couldn't get it to fall out, then manipulated it a bit so it would fall out. That's how it appears...but again, your point is a valid one. I will simply give an example that many here will understand (hopefully):

If you've ever bought a brand new Billet box, the boro inside rattles around when unlocked, and easily falls out when tipped over...however - fill that boro with juice,rba and coils (making it much heavier), use it for a couple days, then unlock the boro and try to remove it...good luck, right? Most of us have to poke something down the chimney, or SLAP it on our hand while upside down, to remove it. See? It's the same concept as a mod with loose, clicky panels...after months of use, juice, grime, dirt, microscopic SHIT settles in those panel grooves, making the panels more secure over time (and less noisy)

Give it a chance to work as intended. It may yet prove worthy!

What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      4/24/2021 10:30:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
carrion4worm wrote:

The video I saw shows a guy hitting his deck on the table to knock it out, and the photo of the insulator shows damage from tool marks. The video you just posted seems to show an undamaged deck/insulator...maybe I missed it, but I see no tool marks.

SXK says the LINK'D msrp is 34.99. You are confusing a vendor with the manufacturer. SXK can not set a vendor's price. If you're interested, I can get you 50 of them at 22.00 a piece....that's actually from SXK.

The damage comes from the bayonet lip of the jfc hitting the peek insulator because it's not flush. I prefer the better machined and non loose fitting af inserts of the Ulton version. Mine should be arriving soon.

Thanks but I'm not interested in the Link'd, quite happy with the Vapesnail, Crossbow and Exocet v2. Just waiting on the smaller Ether rba to be released.

#23 (permalink)      4/25/2021 6:09:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
+1 details
I thought about what you said, and though I still dont have one, in normal use the insulator should not come into contact with the inner chamber. I could see it being damaged if the tank assembly was pressed down incorrectly, and firmly, but i still suspect screwdriver, pliers or similar. Maybe the poster will chime in again....
#24 (permalink)      4/25/2021 6:27:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vashcorler
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 51
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
+2 details
I redo a full test about afc and laser engraving comparison here if anyone is intersted.
This time no hitting on desk, just simply install and shake or change angle of building deck.
And I only got Coppervape and SXK version. As I know these 2 factory released skyline R earlier than others,
that's probably why their afc somehow got a problem.

Shortcut to Peek Comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0tEPsAKE0o&t=3m11s
Shortcut to AFC Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0tEPsAKE0o&t=530s

Full vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0tEPsAKE0o&t=191s

Err.. is there anyone know how to embed youtube vids in the forum?

Edited on 4/25/2021 at 6:34 AM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      4/25/2021 6:30:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
My question would be, how does it vape, and with what insert?
#26 (permalink)      4/25/2021 6:52:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vashcorler
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 51
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
+1 details
Accoding to what style you vape, DL disks have minor effects. About MTL disks,
since they are not well sealed. It can not acheived a real mtl draw.
Even if you only use it on DL style. There are still some gaps between base deck and AFC, which caused the airflow is not straight and also reduce the force of airflow.

Increase the time of cold down time. Also have a kind of "weird" taste compare to OG Skyline. Is kind like the airflow is blowing on the wrong section, feel like is blowing on the cotton, not coil.

When I vaping it I feel the tank is not well sealed, even after I change the all O rings of the RTA. but if you 're not that care about the airflow and air pressure, you will be fine though.

The taste is okay but I think the OG skyline have a better performance than this version, that's my personal opinion though.

Edited on 4/25/2021 at 6:56 AM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      4/25/2021 7:11:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2878
vashcorler wrote:

Accoding to what style you vape, DL disks have minor effects. About MTL disks, since they are not well sealed. It can not acheived a real mtl draw. There are still some gap between base deck and AFC, which caused the airflow is not straight and also reduce the force of airflow. Increase the time of cold down time. When I vaping it I feel the tank is not well sealed, even after I change the all O rings of the RTA. but if you 're not that care about the airflow and air pressure, you will be fine though. The taste is okay but I think the OG skyline have a better performance than this version, that's my personal opinion though.

I feel that most people I've talked to feel that this Skyline is no better than the original, and as you say, some even say not as good...I do really like the OG Skyline, but I hate juice capacity. Also, I much prefer the looks of this one!

The original has been out for months, and is currently sold out, so this is the only game in town! Mine should arrive Monday (SXK), I feel i won't be disappointed...this is the same as the original. The inserts are the same on your video as original versions, I see no difference. They are easily installed and removed. I only worry to lose when I open up the tank to clean. thank you for your contributions!

#28 (permalink)      4/25/2021 7:54:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
carrion4worm wrote:

I thought about what you said, and though I still dont have one, in normal use the insulator should not come into contact with the inner chamber. I could see it being damaged if the tank assembly was pressed down incorrectly, and firmly, but i still suspect screwdriver, pliers or similar. Maybe the poster will chime in again....

I think it's more a case of what vashcorler showed in his follow up video. SXK either didn't cut the insulator the right height or they forced it in with a screwdriver, leaving that damage mark and then didn't sand/file it down to sit flush with the deck. The groove where the af inserts are supposed to lock onto the insulator is rough too and has not been finished properly, which may cause the af inserts to pop out easily.

As for the af inserts being loose and falling out easily, the authentic has the same issues but the YT reviewers don't talk about that or show it. Even when it clearly pops out by itself in Mark Todd's review aka just a gush fest for his Greek friend he ignored it. Another issue that only one reviewer pointed out is that the tank has more than normal side to side play compared to other tanks that use the bayonet method to secure the tank to the base.

Hopefully the clone from Ulton will have sorted out these issues. I ordered it on Friday for under twenty from the 2 friends place during a flash sale and it should ship out tomorrow.

@vashcorler, have you tried using the air flow inserts from the SXK with the Coppervape and the other way around to see if they fit any better in the different decks?

#29 (permalink)      4/25/2021 8:02:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
vashcorler wrote:

Err.. is there anyone know how to embed youtube vids in the forum?

Type [youtube]insert link here[/youtube] and insert the link in between. Only full link will work, not a shortened link or one with the timestamp included.

#30 (permalink)      4/25/2021 8:05:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vashcorler
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 51
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
+1 details
Thanks Bro, I guess that's because I insert it with timestamp, thats why it can not work.

About switching different AFC on either Skyline base deck,I've just test it as below:

Sxk base + Coppervape AFC = Most is tighter than before, but since the shpae of peek is slightly
different, 2.0 AFC can not fit int. Also, some disk will have a very large gap when installed.

Coppervape base + SXK AFC = All disks just pops out very easily, just like what I 've showed in
the vids about Coppervape part. Which makes no difference than using Coppervape's original AFCs.

Conclusion:
Changing different AFCs on either base deck is not a good idea I guess.

Edited on 4/25/2021 at 8:22 AM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      4/25/2021 8:21:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
+1 details
Video was a little hard to follow at times with the accent..

And from what I gathered in the thread... The Coppervape and SXK have seal issues and the AFC inserts are loose?? I know the original had loose inserts too..

So which came out better of the two.. ? Coppervape right? That's what its sounding like in the video...

I ordered the Coppervape luckily... I would have went with Ulton, but didn't want to keep waiting.. I figure Coppervape had the best rated OG Sky, so why not stick with it.. SXK, though decent, make so many products all at once.. They may not have the time n effort o perfect it. The extra insert and ultem spare helped sway my decision too.

I wish there was a strong American clone reviewer, who tests all the clones, guilt free.. It's lame how nobody will openly use and review them..