shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Should I ...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/20/2021 12:45:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mad_Science
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos3
+1 details
Should I ...
After having experienced yet another northern winter vaping. i have come to realize that all vaping is prone to wicking issues in cold weather; tried mtl and dl RTAs with wattage and TC. i have experienced my best hits with a basic RDA and mech-mod; however, i had to drip it much, more often than i would at room temp. Question: should i be squonking instead or will that just fill my pockets with juice?
#2 (permalink)      4/20/2021 12:51:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10964
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16927
Thanks for that as I don't watch new arrivals but have been waiting for a new mod that fits a certain need and that one looks as if it will do so.

Not sure what you issue is with winter vaping?
I am in Canada but find issues only when going from cold indoors to heat/humidity outdoors.
Such times call for top air flow atomizers that can tumble around in my pocket and never leak.
Side air flow will always push a couple of drops out the side and get over everything.

But sounds as if what you are experiencing is a bit different.

Nonetheless this mod is going in the basket while I look around a bit closer at it.
#3 (permalink)      4/20/2021 1:11:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mad_Science
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos3
... same, canada. i agree she is a beauty but was wondering if squonking was the way to go at this point. the cold weather makes my e-liquid more viscous; resulting in dry hits. good point though, i didn't even consider the cold to warm temp changes.
#4 (permalink)      4/20/2021 1:30:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape4more
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3033
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos2095
I understand these are old stuff, but they work well for me when skiing at -8 C, or at home in the summer at 32 C.
Will not cost much to try it out.

SubTank Mini - TOP FILL - Tanks

Most of the time I find myself using the clone 9.5 ml top filling tank, with the Authentic 0.5 ohm coils.
They are just lovely! They don't leak and for the price, they can't be beaten. If you prefer a smaller tank,
you could also buy the 4.5ml variety.

Just make sure you use the Authentic SubTank base, which has two adjustable air feed slots (I leave mine wide open)
and the first time BEFORE using each new coil, prime the coil well with juice.
That's BEFORE you screw them into the base....

Be careful not to lose the 2 small o-rings which seal the top cap of each tank and after filling,
clean any residual E-Liquid away from the area with a moist paper towel. Then you can fit the drip tip,
(the mouthpiece), to use the tank.

I find each coil lasts about a month, as long as you don't burn them by letting the tank run out of juice.
These coils can be used at 20 to 30 watts. You will love it :))
(As a side note, I use these coils at 22 watt's)

SKU 2752900 - Authentic SubTank Mini, BASE

SKU 3535801 - 9.5ml - Top Fill Tank
SKU 3629810 - Replacement GLASS for 9.5ml Tank (If you break the original)

SKU 2699800 - 4.5ml - Top Fill Tank

SKU 2010102 - Authentic SubTank Coils - 0.5 Ohm - (5 pack)
Edit: Never buy the 1.2 ohm coils, as they are far too restrictive for air.

SKU 2389301 - Glass + Stainless Steel DRIP TIP (For fitting to top of tank)

SKU 1485903 - 50ml NEEDLE TIP bottles for quick, mess free filling (5 Pack)

SKU 2081400 - 100ml Long Dropper Bottles (5 Pack) Use these for mixing E-Liquid

SKU 2191600 - Authentic silicone seal ring set to change colour of tank seals

Cheers :)
#5 (permalink)      4/20/2021 2:34:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2455
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1285
Squonking will eliminate any weather issue. Nothing is worse than being out in cold weather, for example, and getting dry hits from cold,thick juice not making it into the ports on your rta. Of course, there's nothing you can do except put it close to a heat source. Leaking can be dealt with in warm weather, more cotton solves that easily enough - but those dry hits....yech!

If dripping or squonking isn't an option, then this is something that must be dealt with. Perhaps the best favor you can do for yourself in cold weather is use a trusted RTA with large, generous wicking ports that won't let you down...maybe leave the Kayfun home and in place use the Kylin (you get my drift...)

Edited on 4/20/2021 at 2:35 PM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.
#6 (permalink)      4/20/2021 2:54:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape4more
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3033
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos2095
Cold, thick juice can be avoided if one makes their own E-Liquid.

If you don't make your own juice, I guess Squonking may be the best option.

I've never owned such a device, however I understand they are great for huge clouds and excessive juice consumption.

If you live in cold climates, use more P.G in the juice to combat the problem?

After one or two hit's, the juice has warmed up from the base and will work fine anyway.
Just pull a few hits with no power before you press the power button = no dry hits.
When the base gets hot, it heats up the juice, then = no problem.

Just a suggestion as I'm no expert on squanking
#7 (permalink)      4/20/2021 7:27:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7522
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4411
Vape4more wrote:

SubTank Mini - TOP FILL - Tanks

Subtank mini is not top fill, that's why they made the Toptank mini ;)

Edited on 4/20/2021 at 7:28 PM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#8 (permalink)      4/20/2021 7:32:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7522
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4411
You can get cold juice to wick in a tank if you close the airflow and take a couple of pulls WITHOUT pushing the fire button.

It that less-than ideal. Sure. But vaping never was as easy or trouble free as smoking. Yet, it's still better than smoking.

EDITED TO EMPHASIZE "WITHOUT" 'CUZ APPARENTLY TOO MANY PEOPLE CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO FUCKING READ THE IMPORTANT WORDS INA A SENTENCE.

Edited on 4/21/2021 at 9:29 AM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#9 (permalink)      4/21/2021 4:41:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2455
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1285
yeah, the advice from above is not the best advice....If you are suffering from dry hits, the act of firing the mod to "heat up" the juice WILL work, although you may have just burnt your wicks as well...yuck!

I doubt this is even a real problem unless some of you work outside for hours in the cold, like I do. IF you work outside, forget the above and go buy a squonker...it's the only real way to have a trouble free vape all day, unless you like RTAs like Fatality, etc, with GIANT wick ports. Then you've got glass tanks and giant mod/tank combos to deal with all day.
I know words...I have the best words.
#10 (permalink)      4/21/2021 4:50:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2225
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1927
Yeah, PG starts to thicken up pretty badly around -50... Celsius. There's no point even trying to vape if you work in a liquid nitrogen environment. If you've got a VG fetish, sure, winter's gonna be a problem. (BTW, in "square tires" weather, squonking doesn't work with high VG either.)

Edited on 4/21/2021 at 4:50 AM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      4/21/2021 6:06:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
New2vape
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 927
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos1265
+1 details
Fellow Canuck here...I started squonking about 2 years ago and loving it. Winter / summer whenever. I use an old Topside (the original) with an original Bonza and not too many issues, just self inflicted (over filling)
Man some of you are crazy motherfkers