Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Very dissapointed with the Ulton version
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/6/2021 9:53:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kushal.kushi
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos3
Very dissapointed with the Ulton version
The Box arrived in Horrible Condition, Glass was broken/shattered, O-rings on the Tank were CUT/ torn, and to top it, no Spare O-rings in the Box, overall very very dissapointed with the Ulton version, This is my second experience with Ulton, never ever ordering again, will stick to YFTK or SXK
#2 (permalink)      9/6/2021 10:34:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
Smh... beat up box and broken glass NOTHING to do with Ulton...omg are you joking???? omfg

Maybe you should bitch out the shipping company instead.

...probably should stick to a Juul or some Marlboro Reds as well..

There is nothing wrong with this atty.. Works flawless..
The glass on all these Skyline Rs are extra thin and fragile, including the authentic...

Your hostility is in the wrong direction.. Your complaint basically consists of o-rings... Get real..

Sorry for the drama guys, but this just bugs me.. You would be great as a news writer for left wing MSNBC.. Uggh

Edited on 9/6/2021 at 10:36 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      9/6/2021 10:47:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
And you may think, why should it concern me.., why am I so upset about it...?

Well.., people that are new to this side of vaping and aren't aware which clone companies are decent, might actually read your garbage, and take it as truth..!

So now they may end up buying a no name clone or ST clone, and get shyt quality,, when they could have went with Ulton instead, and had a good rendition of a product..

Just fyi..., Ulton and SXK are essentially the best clone companies around... get a clue before slandering them, and discouraging people from buying their gear.. Its bs..

Your gonna ruin things for people that are none the wiser!
Ulton, SXK, and YFTK are all decent.. I actually favor Ulton slightly more than SXK... So please, quit bad mouthing over poor package handling, trying to hurt their reputation without any grounds for doing so...
#4 (permalink)      9/6/2021 11:18:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kushal.kushi
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos3
Tony215 wrote:

And you may think, why should it concern me.., why am I so upset about it...?

Well.., people that are new to this side of vaping and aren't aware which clone companies are decent, might actually read your garbage, and take it as truth..!

So now they may end up buying a no name clone or ST clone, and get shyt quality,, when they could have went with Ulton instead, and had a good rendition of a product..

Just fyi..., Ulton and SXK are essentially the best clone companies around... get a clue before slandering them, and discouraging people from buying their gear.. Its bs..

Your gonna ruin things for people that are none the wiser!
Ulton, SXK, and YFTK are all decent.. I actually favor Ulton slightly more than SXK... So please, quit bad mouthing over poor package handling, trying to hurt their reputation without any grounds for doing so...

Hey Tony, You should understand something, Any company will have manufacturing defects, i gave my feedback, you gave yours, stop judging and move on,

- The Glass was shattered
- O-rings were stuck and cut off
- The Juice flow was stuck and when i removed by sliding down the two small O-rimgs were also cut off,
-Dismantling without glass was too tight
- No Spare rings set in the Box.
-Spare Glass was in good condition as it comes with one Extra Glass tube

So this was my second bad experience with ULTON, I will never blame Fasttech because they are allways very diligent in packing,

you had a good experience and i had a bad experience, in my opinion YFTK and SXK are the best as i dont have any complaints so far, been ordering from fasttech from a long time

Good day

Edited on 9/6/2021 at 11:21 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      9/6/2021 11:59:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
Is the CNC program accurate? Are the atty measurements to original specifications?
Is the Stainless good quality?
Are the cutting tools sharp/cutting smoothly?

Any of the Chinese clone makers could answer "yes" to the above 3 questions regarding machining. Since any machine shop will have equivalent machines, it actually does come down, in most cases, to HUMANS.

They de-burr, sand, clean, inspect, assemble, and package each individual atomizer...and believe me, they are expected to do this in a timely manner, which is where a lot of problems arise.

Of course, I'm sorry about OP's bad experience. Ulton USUALLY does quite well, and this does sound a bit like postal damage, except for the missing O-rings.

The point is, machining is machining, and employees change all the time. I don't have time to worry about who's best, that sorts itself out. Billets and rdas? Well, I HOPE you like SXK, cuz they are the only ones to make it. Ulton has it's own niche, MTL rtas and some DOT AIO stuff, and that's probably where they will stay...so, there's no competition to speak of, really.

In this one particular atty's case, I think most agree SXK's looks the best, with most other things being relatively equal. Ulton REALLY just needs a new CNC laser, and they would be set!
What does he mean when he says words?
#6 (permalink)      9/6/2021 12:05:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
It would neither be Ulton's or Fasttech's fault for the damaged package, that would be the fault of the shipping company/postal service.

As for the missing spare o-rings they could have either fallen out as the packaging which I assume you meant the plastic tube was damaged or the bag containing spare o-rings and post screws were probably not included in yours due to poor checking on Ulton's part. Basically the item arrived DOA and would be covered by Fasttech's warranty so they should be able to send out replacement o-rings and a glass tank or a full replacement to you. Just open a ticket and customer support will respond.

The glass is 1mm thick and very brittle, most glass tanks are 1.5mm and stronger. There is an alternative glass tank available that is 1.5mm thick but it causes overhang SKU 7282900 or SKU 9622765

https://www.fasttech.com/reviews/9622765/723492
#7 (permalink)      9/6/2021 12:28:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 528
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos167
+1 details
I agree with the above, doesn't appear to be Ulton's fault and FT Should be able to send you spare O-rings/glass. Open a ticket and take pictures, including FT packaging/enveloppe.

As regards the glass, it is well known that even the authentic has issues ... Main reason why I passed on this atty, despite the numerous good reviews.

Ulton is still one of the best in the market, and is Know for making atty's other manufactureres don't produce (mtl and DL)
#8 (permalink)      9/6/2021 5:00:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
+1 details
The last two responses basically reiterated exactly what I was getting across.. (In a more civil way).. Sorry to kinda lash out but looks like the main fault here is the shipping.. and definitely not FT... That is something I never hinted at..

But who knows, maybe yours is also 'defective' to some 'degree'.. I just know mine works flawlessly and I'm aware of others having positive feedback too.., and so, I'd hate to see them get the heat for what looks like an isolated incident.

and DJ, being the resourceful fella he is, already has laid out spare glass sku options, but more importantly, mentioned how FT, if informed will work with you to solve this dilemma and at no charge to you.., I've had broken tank glass arrive on a couple different packages from different Chinese vendors.. All of which sent replacements without any issue.. As for o-rings.., its usually pretty easy to find spares if you already have an atty collection going..
#9 (permalink)      9/6/2021 5:23:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
+1 details
Also, about the glass issue... I think most owners would agree that it's not so much the glass, but the "slide on" method of removing/ installing it. It does create undue pressure, and incorrect alignment can easily crack glass, especially thinner glass, which is common in smaller RTAs like this one. I just separate the top cap, pop the tank off the deck, and rinse out the entire assembly under the tap....

That's one of the design features((removable deck), so make sure you take advantage of it! I have grown to enjoy this style of design, though the Skyline is my favorite application of it. My first might have been the Project X by Hussar, and it was too fiddly with too many moving parts that didn't want to move.

I feel ESG really got it right, I still gripe about the top mechanism sometimes, but it's s great RTA, top 3 currently for me.
What does he mean when he says words?
#10 (permalink)      9/6/2021 5:41:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
The easiest way to remove or replace the glass tank is to turn it while you pull it up or push it down. I've been using my two Skyline R's daily for almost 4 months and 2 months respectively, completely disassembling and cleaning them once a week and not once have the glass tanks broken.

The black Skyline R purchased from elsewhere came with a shattered tank but I used the spare tank that came with the Ulton ss one while they sent me a replacement tank. I ordered the Ammit rta glass tanks just in case the ones on the Skyline R broke too easily but that hasn't happened yet.
#11 (permalink)      5/9/2022 2:53:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FaisalAlroqi
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
carrion4worm wrote:

Also, about the glass issue... I think most owners would agree that it's not so much the glass, but the "slide on" method of removing/ installing it. It does create undue pressure, and incorrect alignment can easily crack glass, especially thinner glass, which is common in smaller RTAs like this one. I just separate the top cap, pop the tank off the deck, and rinse out the entire assembly under the tap....

That's one of the design features((removable deck), so make sure you take advantage of it! I have grown to enjoy this style of design, though the Skyline is my favorite application of it. My first might have been the Project X by Hussar, and it was too fiddly with too many moving parts that didn't want to move.

I feel ESG really got it right, I still gripe about the top mechanism sometimes, but it's s great RTA, top 3 currently for me.

hey carrion, Whats your top 3 rta for rdl right now? and is the flavor on these better than boro rba?