shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

My review
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/12/2021 2:11:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
$0.50 rebate earned+7 details
My review
I recently received the Ulton Skyline R styled rta.

Out of the packaging the Ulton Skyline R clone rta comes with two glass tanks, four air flow inserts that lock into the groove in the peek insulator so they don't fall out even when you shake it vigorously, laser engraved logos and serial numbers on the bottom of the base and on the side of the deck. O-ring and glass tolerances are very good. Two drip tips, spare o-rings and two post screws. Overall fit and finish is very good.

The two objective cons I have are just like the authentic, the glass tank is very thin and the top cap threads are a bit crunchy to begin with but after a few times of screwing it on and off the threads are now smooth. My subjective con is the Mazda styled rotary jfc control which makes the tank look ugly. It's very sharp and as you can see in the last pic it makes the tank look ugly depending on how it sits screwed onto a mod.

With a 0.20 ohm 2.5mm Ni80 Alien, 1.5mm x 3.9mm air flow insert, vaping at 40-50W the flavour production is full, rich and intense. Better than the v1 imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#2 (permalink)      5/12/2021 6:22:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2269
+1 details
Thanks for your thoughts on the Ulton version. going off the one user, it appears that Coppervape has no logos, and could possibly have Tank fitment issues...but I'll wait for real reviews or more feedback.

Of the two clones we've now seen, I notice two differences in appearance: The Ulton looks to have a bit of a muddled logo on the bottom--it appears indefinite and blurry, and the two colors "reversed". That's the biggest snafu I can see... The other thing I notice from the photos is the topcap -- it appears the two grooves cut into the circumference are smaller and less prominent than the SXK. don't know which is more "accurate", but it appears to be slightly different.

This is just to point out differences for buyers, NOT to start any fanboy arguments about "best". I'm sure the vape is 100% the same.
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      5/13/2021 5:09:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos8
+2 details
I ordered one a few days ago. Glad to hear it's close enough to the original. Usually Ulton costs a bit more than other 'name brand clones' (haha), but this one included both MTL/DL drip tips and an extra glass which made it worth it over the others. Plus this is the only DL version, all the other come with MTL inserts.
#4 (permalink)      5/15/2021 11:11:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 214
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+2 details
Is it ok if I put my review of MTL - version here? I guess it is.

After a few days of use some opinions:

Quality is good, not very polished but everything fits and works as supposed.

Only major negative is that post screws can snap 28ga wire very easily. Other than that it’s easy to build and wick.
Top cap with that triangle for jfc is not so great, it works but just feels too complicated and ugly.

Airflow inserts fit perfectly and have no play or gaps around them.
Vapes well, 0.8 insert is as tight as it should be and flavor is solid on my favourite juice. Wicks well with no leaks or other issues.

So it’s a good vape for tight MTL- fans, best new RTA since Dvarw FL I think.
#5 (permalink)      5/15/2021 5:13:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2269
Lalli wrote:

Is it ok if I put my review of MTL - version here? I guess it is.

After a few days of use some opinions:

Quality is good, not very polished but everything fits and works as supposed.

Only major negative is that post screws can snap 28ga wire very easily. Other than that it’s easy to build and wick.
Top cap with that triangle for jfc is not so great, it works but just feels too complicated and ugly.

Airflow inserts fit perfectly and have no play or gaps around them.
Vapes well, 0.8 insert is as tight as it should be and flavor is solid on my favourite juice. Wicks well with no leaks or other issues.
So it’s a good vape for tight MTL- fans, best new RTA since Dvarw FL I think.

Is the Ulton version you have? Those post screws chopped my first coil right in half!

Edited on 5/15/2021 at 7:20 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      5/16/2021 3:27:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 214
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:
Is the Ulton version you have? Those post screws chopped my first coil right in half!

Yes Ulton MTL -version. I can barely tighten the screws so that they hold just enough but don’t snap the wire.
I had some RBA for BB that was the same, smoothing the ends of the screws with sandpaper helped. I’ll do the same with this later.

Edited on 5/16/2021 at 3:27 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      5/18/2021 11:49:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 214
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+1 details
I washed the tank today to try different juice, pulled out the glass and it just cracked… it really did not take much so be very careful with them.
#8 (permalink)      5/19/2021 1:25:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2269
+1 details
YES, I highly recommend getting a PEI tank, in addition to spare glass, while these are readily available. If nothing else, we can gouge authentic owners in a couple years when ESG runs out, lol.

But seriously, the PEI is mandatory for this tank. And yeah, don't remove your tank at all unless broken...just rinse it out under the sink, or bottled water I suppose. A lot of these tanks were broken, which is why we should buy spares soon! It's a great rta, be a shame to not have glass!
#9 (permalink)      5/20/2021 3:11:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 214
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+2 details
Luckily I ordered 2 spare glasses with this. I like glass better than PEI for my liquids.

And yes I was stupid to remove the glass with no reason to do it.

I checked the post screws for sharpness but they were smooth at the bottom, so it must be sharp edges inside the posts that can cut the coil wire.
Much more difficult to smooth with sandpaper or file, but I guess that with right tools it can be done.

But apart from that and the top cap being a pain in the ass to close I am liking this RTA. Not leaky or gurgly and vape quality is solid all the time. JFC and removing the deck work great unlike the version 1.

Edited on 5/20/2021 at 3:12 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      5/21/2021 5:25:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vashcorler
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 44
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos20
+1 details
I found a problem on Ulton one. Some AFC disk is very very very tight, super hard to push them in the peek slot.
And some is relatively loose.(but not as loose as SXK and Coppervape's)
Have you guys test it and have same issue?
It happend on my 1.2(too tight) and 1.5/3.9(kind of loose)
#11 (permalink)      5/22/2021 2:02:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lalli
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 214
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos149
+1 details
I have only had two inserts in, 1mm was pre- installed and I replaced it with 0.8mm.
I don’t like any looser draw so had no reason to try the others.
Both were tight fit but not hard to install or take out.