shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Almost as good as the more well known clones
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/18/2021 2:33:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+6 details
Almost as good as the more well known clones
I'm guessing this a Wejoytech clone due to it's reasonable quality machining, fit and overall finish. It comes with logos and serial numbers, spare o-rings, drip tip and screws. The glass tank was completely shattered on arrival, luckily I had a spare one that came with the Ulton clone.

The o-ring tolerances sometimes cause the tank to get stuck to the base when trying to spin it to either refill it or access the build deck, even when the o-rings are lubed up. One o-ring that fits on the jfc stem had somehow melted and fused itself to the chimney making it impossible to separate them from each other without using pliers and a blunt instrument.

Once these issues were sorted out the tank performed just as good as the Ulton clone. The black coating appears to be well done with no sign of peeling or any uneven areas. Luckily the jfc is not black so it's easy to see how much you're opening or closing it. The four supplied air inserts click in and out with good tolerances, none fall out easily or are hard to insert.

The glass tank is the major issue for all versions of the Skyline R, it's too thin and breaks very easily. If like me, you don't like PEI SKU 9738029 you'll have to stock up on some replacement glass tanks SKU 9738027 SKU 9738028 or use a thicker one like the glass tank from the Taifun GTR SKU 9702390. It's 1mm taller and wider and you can't screw the top cap all the way on but it holds in place securely enough. There's slight overhang as the outer diameter of the GTR glass is 23mm vs 22mm of the Skyline R.

Edited on 7/18/2021 at 2:39 AM. Reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#2 (permalink)      7/18/2021 7:52:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2269
+1 details
I got one awhile back as well...the parts are pretty well done, and have the same threading as my SXK version. Actually almost looks as good as the SXK, in terms of logos and accuracy. Yep, it's a Wejoy, according to their Video, they are the only makers of black versions....

So far, the paint seems okay....no real chipping or scratching....yet.
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      7/18/2021 8:06:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 508
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos155
Thx

What Does it mean that the GTR glass hold on "securely enough" ? Is there any risk to see it Come Out or something ?
#4 (permalink)      7/18/2021 9:17:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
The_Masteres wrote:

Thx

What Does it mean that the GTR glass hold on "securely enough" ? Is there any risk to see it Come Out or something ?

Because the GTR glass is 1mm taller than the Skyline R glass you can't screw the top cap down as much as you can with the Skyline R glass but it screws on enough to not cause any issue and it won't come out or come loose. I'll post a photo of the rta with the GTR glass installed tomorrow.

#5 (permalink)      7/18/2021 1:23:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 508
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos155
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

The_Masteres wrote:
Thx

What Does it mean that the GTR glass hold on "securely enough" ? Is there any risk to see it Come Out or something ?Because the GTR glass is 1mm taller than the Skyline R glass you can't screw the top cap down as much as you can with the Skyline R glass but it screws on enough to not cause any issue and it won't come out or come loose. I'll post a photo of the rta with the GTR glass installed tomorrow.

Ok I see thx.

#6 (permalink)      7/18/2021 11:46:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Here it is with a full tank using the GTR glass. You can see the overhang the 1mm larger glass creates but it doesn't spin or leak and it definitely won't break as easily as the Skyline R glass.

#7 (permalink)      7/24/2021 5:06:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+2 details
If anyone has the 3.5ml extension glass from the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast rba kit, it fits perfectly with no overhang and it's 1.5mm thick.
#8 (permalink)      7/24/2021 11:43:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 508
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos155
djvillan wrote:

If anyone has the 3.5ml extension glass from the Smok TFV8 Baby Beast rba kit, it fits perfectly with no overhang and it's 1.5mm thick.

Thx !

Is it SKU 5961600 ?

#9 (permalink)      7/24/2021 12:26:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
The_Masteres wrote:

Thx !

Is it SKU 5961600 ?

That one is the 2ml 20mm glass and is too short, you need the 3.5ml 22.3mm one that comes with this kit SKU 5445500. That taller glass with the extension chimney piece was once sold separately here SKU 7967000 but not anymore.

#10 (permalink)      7/24/2021 12:49:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 508
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos155
Thx. 11 $ the extension no thx :)
#11 (permalink)      7/25/2021 11:50:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
The_Masteres wrote:

Thx. 11 $ the extension no thx :)

The TFV8 Baby Beast rba glass was under $2 when it was available here. I bought a few as I already had the rba and extended chimney which came with one of Smok's mods but the included glass was broken.