shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Status..??
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/23/2021 7:36:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
carrion4worm wrote:

If you somehow did manage to miss Seinfeld, the long running sitcom(about nothing) that ran for a decade on NBC in the 80's and 90's, I must say, "Wow." I thought everyone knew the image of "Kramer" barging through Jerry's front door every episode....

Nope, a complete mystery to me. But as I said, US media has never interested me in the slightest I'm afraid... ever.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#12 (permalink)      7/23/2021 7:57:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11571
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17807
analogueman wrote:

Nope, a complete mystery to me. But as I said, US media has never interested me in the slightest I'm afraid... ever.

It was one of the few great US shows in its time. I find it a bit dated today but I think that period, the 90's was the last decade of great American telly.

#13 (permalink)      7/23/2021 8:28:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3586
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
Reality TV was coming to destroy the television paradigm.
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      7/23/2021 9:54:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Reality TV was coming to destroy the television paradigm.

That was one of the main reasons I gave up telly thirty years ago. Can't say I miss it either! LOL!

#15 (permalink)      7/23/2021 10:50:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 253
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos248
+1 details
I read somewhere or another that the Craton was put on hold because of

1. Supply problems with DNA75C board (production focus moved to 100C creating shortage)

2. Large amount of negative messages asking why they decided on 75C when 100C is flavour of the month.

3. Lack of pre-order numbers because people waiting for a rumoured 100C version.

No hard facts, just speculation.

I never managed to enjoy Seinfeld - the humour didn't translate well on this side of the pond.
#16 (permalink)      7/23/2021 11:15:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
+1 details
Crispycritters wrote:

I read somewhere or another that the Craton was put on hold because of

1. Supply problems with DNA75C board (production focus moved to 100C creating shortage)

2. Large amount of negative messages asking why they decided on 75C when 100C is flavour of the month.

3. Lack of pre-order numbers because people waiting for a rumoured 100C version.

No hard facts, just speculation.

Yeah, the truth is more than likely in there somewhere.

People who have one from the first batch though, seem to like it.

#17 (permalink)      7/23/2021 11:43:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 403
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos90
Ever...? America is critical to cinematic history..
Unless you are strictly referring to television.. cause if you have no interest in any of the history of American films, you must not be interested in life.., a monk, an android, or so foreign that you eat bugs for breakfast..
#18 (permalink)      7/23/2021 1:48:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
+2 details
Tony215 wrote:

Ever...? America is critical to cinematic history..
Unless you are strictly referring to television.. cause if you have no interest in any of the history of American films, you must not be interested in life.., a monk, an android, or so foreign that you eat bugs for breakfast..

Nope!

You do realise that the US is NOT the center of the universe when it comes to films or telly? That it's perfectly in order to have no interest whatsoever in the output of Hollywood? That many countries have their own film industries, and have done since the year dot? And their own television history, as per their own tastes, is superiour to much of the 'drivel' churned out of the States?

At the end of the day, it's known simply as personal opinion and taste. It's not a crime to detest American media. :-p

Anyhow, back to the mysteriously disappearing Craton. Perhaps Hollywood can make a film of it... :)

Edited on 7/23/2021 at 1:50 PM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      7/24/2021 4:11:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3586
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
Well, actually....Hollywood IS the center of the world's entertainment universe. Some things are too obvious to argue. every other is modelled after Hollywood's lead.

That's why every country's attempt at a media industry usually involves adding the suffix "wood" to their chosen location.

But I digress. In the end, it just leaves you in the cold on pop culture discussions, and you'll never win "Jeopardy". No real harm to your well-being at all.

Oops, that's right, you don't know what Jeopardy is....nevermind.
#20 (permalink)      7/24/2021 8:21:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Well, actually....Hollywood IS the center of the world's entertainment universe. Some things are too obvious to argue. every other is modelled after Hollywood's lead.

That's why every country's attempt at a media industry usually involves adding the suffix "wood" to their chosen location.

But I digress. In the end, it just leaves you in the cold on pop culture discussions, and you'll never win "Jeopardy". No real harm to your well-being at all.

Oops, that's right, you don't know what Jeopardy is....nevermind.

Regardless... US media just isn't for me. And never has been. Flagwaving on a Chinese forum won't change that.

#21 (permalink)      7/24/2021 8:52:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3586
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
+1 details
No flag-waving from me, I just figured I'd help you out, because To Tony you probably sound like an asshole that's not being entirely honest....and since someone can't possibly be ignorant AND an expert on the subject, I interjected...like we do in forums, not to irritate you, but to understand.

Now, if you continue this route by saying you don't know who Tom Cruise is, or aren't aware of "The Godfather" or "Rocky", then I'll promptly shut up!

See, you didn't just say "it wasn't for you"...so said you were not aware it existed...which is why this entire forum collectively gasped....

because everybody knows what Seinfeld is/was. Germans, Russians, Australians... It's just...a little odd, that's all.