shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Status..??
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      7/24/2021 11:22:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11571
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17807
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Usually, if you have to "decode" something, it's because it's not visible or recognizable in it's current, CODED, state.



For one that considers himself far superior intellectually than others, you are as dumb as they come sometimes.


"double coded"




BTW British television had far more going for it than Hollywood.

Bye Bye Hollywood, hello Australian TV.


Edited on 7/24/2021 at 11:24 AM. Reason:
#32 (permalink)      7/24/2021 12:50:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Member
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 403
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos90
+1 details
This thread is so negative now.. I thought by now (since it's always the same people commenting) we should be able to joke with each other by now... And not take everything so serious and close to heart
..

Seinfeld IS Jewish humor... They are all Jewish and exert Jewish antics and idiosyncrasies.. no racism there.. it just is.. and I like most Jewish humor.. AND British humor as well !! It's all just about being open, perceptive, and understanding.. being cultural. And my intentionally smug comment about being American and our entertainment, I was just messing around.., but I do feel there is merit in classic Hollywood.. and if you were only as open to it as I am British humor, Jewish, French New Wave, Italian Giallo.. you would likely find value in it.. to dismiss it entirely would just be ignorant..
#33 (permalink)      7/24/2021 1:47:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11571
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17807
+1 details
Tony215 wrote:

classic Hollywood



Classic Hollywood made some awesome films up until about what, maybe the early 80s? But there came a time when profit only was considered rather than the art or great directors it once had.

Personally, I never really found the popular American TV shows very funny, that others did.



In any event, Hollywood is dead. Apparently Australia is where a great many area headed in order to continue on.

#34 (permalink)      7/24/2021 2:05:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3586
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
Crispycritters wrote:

analogueman wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:
No flag-waving from me, I just figured I'd help you out...
But you're not. I've already said, US media is MEANINGLESS TO ME. It's as straightforward as that. End of. Can't make it any clearer. :) I'm not what? Helping? Well, that's not for you to determine, I would have to ask Tony. I wanted him to know that you were being serious, where he most likely thought you were putting him on. Again, whether you care about anything is your business, I never mentioned that. I wanted to know how a person who uses computers and the internet, and is aware of modern events, somehow missed Seinfeld....that's it. But yeah, if you aren't sore about it, why are you acting like you're sore about it?

Don't even try to explain mate. Some people simply don't understand that US media isn't the world's media.


You mind your own business. You don't know my intention, I can talk to Analog just fine without you. If you want to address me, do it.


Edited on 7/24/2021 at 3:59 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#35 (permalink)      7/24/2021 2:12:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
+2 details
Tony215 wrote:

but I do feel there is merit in classic Hollywood.. and if you were only as open to it as I am British humor, Jewish, French New Wave, Italian Giallo.. you would likely find value in it.. to dismiss it entirely would just be ignorant..


The only ignorance here my friend is your obdurate desire not accept the simplest of messages...

US media is NOT FOR ME. I couldn't care less if it's good, bad or whatever.

NOT FOR ME.

Get it?

Blimey, it's like talking to a brick wall!! LOL!!

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#36 (permalink)      7/24/2021 2:47:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Member
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 253
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos248
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

Tony215 wrote:
but I do feel there is merit in classic Hollywood.. and if you were only as open to it as I am British humor, Jewish, French New Wave, Italian Giallo.. you would likely find value in it.. to dismiss it entirely would just be ignorant..
The only ignorance here my friend is your obdurate desire not accept the simplest of messages...

US media is NOT FOR ME. I couldn't care less if it's good, bad or whatever.

NOT FOR ME.

Get it?

Blimey, it's like talking to a brick wall!! LOL!!



For fucks sake mate. Drink a glass of coke and sing 'we are the world' or the fuckers will never shut up.

#37 (permalink)      7/24/2021 6:55:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3586
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
has the Jewish humor started yet? I'm confused, lol.
What does he mean when he says words?
#38 (permalink)      7/24/2021 8:01:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Wylie
Member
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5855
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3765
+1 details
Satire isn't always the most descript.

Edited on 7/24/2021 at 8:05 PM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#39 (permalink)      7/25/2021 2:53:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2371
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1874
+1 details
Crispycritters wrote:

For fucks sake mate. Drink a glass of coke and sing 'we are the world' or the fuckers will never shut up.


Will a glass of Vimto and a rendition of My Old Man suffice? LOL!!

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#40 (permalink)      7/25/2021 7:46:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3586
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos2252
analogueman wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:
For fucks sake mate. Drink a glass of coke and sing 'we are the world' or the fuckers will never shut up.
Will a glass of Vimto and a rendition of My Old Man suffice? LOL!!


IDK, but it seemed like you needed something.....dear god, what a blow up over nothing.

Maybe next time keep your embarrassing gaffes to yourself, and not try to place blame on new users trying to have a discussion on HIS OWN THREAD.

What does he mean when he says words?
#41 (permalink)      7/25/2021 8:24:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Member
+1 details
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU