Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Delays.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      8/4/2021 3:02:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+5 details
What does he mean when he says words?
#42 (permalink)      8/4/2021 3:03:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12843
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19605
Seeing as you have the Asmodus, can you show a picture of it beside one another. Personally, for my hands the Asmodus is a bit big.
#43 (permalink)      8/4/2021 3:18:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+5 details
I will do that for you, however the Amighty is at the office. I can say with certainty that the Amighty is roughly 4 or 5 mmm shorter than the Hyperion, but Hyperion is slimmer than the Amighty.

Picture later when I have both.

Edited on 8/4/2021 at 3:18 PM. Reason:
#44 (permalink)      8/4/2021 6:19:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+8 details

Here's the two 100C mods with an Amighty. 3 good 21700 choices, even with my Asmodus having a paint issue..I peeled it off with a fingernail....definitely not typical Asmodus. I got a dud, no doubt.

This has caused me to add this to my "once overs", and I can safely say my Hyperion is fine, the paint has that "ceramic, baked in" look and feel to it, and there's not much paint to worry about, as this thing is rubber, leather, and metal, in that order. It feels quite solid, and while very similar in size to the Aegis Max, it "feels" much smaller in hand. It also feels smaller than the Amighty, with a smaller footprint than either. Even the nylon Boxer is deeper several millimeters, although the Boxer is much thinner.

Of the 100C mods, I'd choose the 100.00 cheaper Hyperion on looks...it looks great, stylish and modern, with strong lines and nice accents. The Hyperion can hold over 30mm atties, maybe 35, but the largest I own is 30mm. The 510 plate is 30mm. The battery plug has a flip out handle, and works fine. Mine does not protrude as some have said, using Molicell M50s or Samsung 40ts.

Just some quick thoughts....I'm really liking this mod....feels very well put together.
#45 (permalink)      8/4/2021 7:45:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12843
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19605
+1 details
Ah, now see how nice all 3 appear in just black?! 😁

Great, thanks for the photo. Like the style of the LV but for my hands, again, its going to be too large but I bet perfect for mens hands.

And as you say, similar in size to the Aegis Max, which I also own but find too big for me.
Other than the Vaporesso Armour Pro, I have not been able to find a 21700 mod that doesn't feel too big, for me.
Aegis Solo = perfect fit for my hand but single 18650 batt.

It will be a great mod for many others here.
#46 (permalink)      8/5/2021 12:01:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+6 details
Just a note: 3 amp charging is real! No unusual heat, quite good way in a pinch to get some juice!

I wouldn't do it often, but in emergency situations, it can help. I will be leaving my settings on 3 amp, just for those rare occasions that pop up, but for those uncomfortable with that, a 1.5amp option is available, too.

Simply go into Escribe (SP44 is out now, latest update), Click on "mod", choose "battery" option, and a drop-down will have both options, 3A and 1.5A...of course, you can alter your cell's "cut off" point as well, from the same screen.

There are also some new additions to the Theme building software, but I have not explored any further.

Also, for those that like the Evolv LED...it's here, but very dim, i guess hidden behind a waterproofed clear silicone "window", or somrthing similar. It's a shame so many mod makers just overlook the board mounted LED and just brick it up, like Fortunado.

Still, it's there on the Hyperion, to see if charging, if charged, etc...in the dark. The ability to create your own RGB light color and flash preference still exist in Theme Park.

The fire button is so great! One of my faves already! A silicone/rubber button cover, with a nice "click" underneath....very nice!

Edited on 8/5/2021 at 12:11 PM. Reason:
#47 (permalink)      8/5/2021 2:55:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
Mark Todd
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#48 (permalink)      8/5/2021 3:06:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2543
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4141
+1 details
FTFY

#49 (permalink)      8/5/2021 4:49:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+3 details
One thing to note, after watching MarK's video...many have mentioned the battery cap being "tough" or "tight". and some have even mentioned the battery cap protruding past the bottom.

Not in my case, but it is tighter at first. It has a sealing O-ring, so anyone that's owned a Jackaroo or an Aegis knows what to expect....it's tight without a battery installed, WHEN the O-ring "seals" the opening.

Seems like Mark likes it, but I could have told you that! It's good, and that fire button is awesome! If you have used any modern professional power tools, you will instantly smile when you feel the button!

My Hyperion did need an update to Service Pack 44, where my Boxer did not....so goes the world of mass production, lol.
#50 (permalink)      8/6/2021 12:17:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3873
The hard flash theme GV has or was doing was causing issues. So what does GV do, blames the early adopter for putting the wrong resistance coil in while the coil installed was inside the mods specs. Ya just can't make this shit up!
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#51 (permalink)      8/6/2021 12:55:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+5 details
Why, is it made up? Lol!

Tell the joke, not just the punchline.

I have had no issues, but I will guess you are talking about the "not for public" Escribe upload Ginger provided to pre release users, so they could update, change themes, etc.

If anyone outside of the small test group got an illegal copy, in its buggy, pre release form....well, that's on them, and without any real info in your story, I'd be guessing if I said any more.

The official release is now, with the Hyperion....I guess Evolv figured early adopters all knew their way around....but as we all know, there's always that one, lol....

Edited on 8/6/2021 at 1:16 PM. Reason: