Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
25-pack

Are V.V coils any good? Why 6 wraps?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      7/27/2021 11:35:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
We always send new employers to our tool crib for the always funny "board stretcher". Maybe I need to get to work designing that "wire glue" so I can add wire to lower resistance.

Good luck TY, Anyway you try it, that coil you have is not going to get any longer. It doesn't matter what is leg, or spiral, or before the grub screw, or after the grub screw. The electricity flows through the entire length of it, and re arranging the coil will not make the overall wire "grow" longer.

Oh, excuse me. RAISE resistance, for those only spot reading for "gotcha" chances....Fuck actually LEARNING something....gonna feel dumb when your mind finally "clicks"...it's so simple, but you keep thinking about coils, instead of premade coils.

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 12:01 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#52 (permalink)      7/27/2021 11:38:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Not even close to what Im "saying" Crispy. Read the damn thread, lol! Also, go get a premade coil and without changing the length, add a wrap. Resistance stays the same. LENGTH. MATTERS.

Edited on 7/27/2021 at 11:46 PM. Reason:
#53 (permalink)      7/27/2021 11:53:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+1 details
Youre claiming a coil wire length remains constant regardless of how many wraps, but failing to acknowledge you must trim away the excess leg material which means it will not remain constant. If you remove a wrap there will be a longer length of leg to trim away....

Also using excess leg material for an extra wrap doesn't stretch anything. You're still failing to grasp the extra material is already present in the excess leg length.

And as for you're quip about if you could use wire glue so you could add wire to lower resistance..... if there was such at thing and you used it to add more wire - YOU WOULD RAISE RESISTANCE you plank.

What you are saying is a constant stream of the same shite - you are failing to acknowledge where you got it wrong on post No 5. Is it that you can't acknowledge a simple mistake, or are you really that thick?
#54 (permalink)      7/27/2021 11:56:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
No. Read the thread. You are arguing nothing. Why must I repeat the same thing to you over and over? What you are saying is impossible. Im saying, again, that length determines resistance. Thats it. Change the length, change the resistance. I've said this twenty times now. Read!!!!!!
#55 (permalink)      7/28/2021 12:22:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+2 details
Its the classic statement you made that removing a wrap will not change the resistance that I'm getting at (the statement that you've been determinedly trying to skate around...

You know - post 5.

Keep on congratulating yourself bud. You're the funniest thing on this forum.
#56 (permalink)      7/28/2021 12:24:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
It won't, unless the length changes....how many times, old man? God damn!
#57 (permalink)      7/28/2021 12:50:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Coops72
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 1523
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos2271
+1 details
Tonypp is right, removal of a wrap would result in more wire trimmed off which is what lowers the resistance. Not the removal of the wrap itself.

Carrion is right, length is what determines resistance, you can't add resistance on a precut length of wire.

The only possible variable is the wire maker determines the stated resistance based on the legs of a pre-cut coil being trimmed and by adding an extra wrap, you trim less or none, which would up the stated resistance.

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 1:01 AM. Reason:
Rage on you crazy diamond.
#58 (permalink)      7/28/2021 1:53:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tonypp
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2702
  • Reviews 219
  • Kudos1747
+4 details
OMG what's happened in here? You guys are nuts.
Anyway, got confirmation 26*3/36 Ni80 specs are correct, if anyone needs to know.
#59 (permalink)      7/28/2021 6:25:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
People want to argue instead of learn. That's what happened. Most of it is just "hating" on me, because I answer user questions, post detailed reviews, and have the mod that they have drooled over for years.

My success and experience is no reason to hate. If you aren't a real vaper, just go.

Glad you got your answers, Tony.
#60 (permalink)      7/28/2021 7:23:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xandwhyisY
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 595
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos519
+1 details
tonypp wrote:

OMG what's happened in here? You guys are nuts.
Anyway, got confirmation 26*3/36 Ni80 specs are correct, if anyone needs to know.

Yeah, things went to shit remarkably fast didn't they?

Thanks for posting these tonypp. I would have missed these if not for your post.

#61 (permalink)      7/28/2021 9:28:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

People want to argue instead of learn. That's what happened. Most of it is just "hating" on me, because I answer user questions, post detailed reviews, and have the mod that they have drooled over for years.

My success and experience is no reason to hate. If you aren't a real vaper, just go.

Next carrion4worm will be arguing and claiming to be the next Jai Haze.

Edited on 7/28/2021 at 9:30 AM. Reason: