Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Doesn't fit into anything
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/12/2022 4:30:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoshBali
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos0
Doesn't fit into anything
Since my review about the Orbit being unusable is on hold since the end of February I just drop it here again. Im curious if and for how long it will stay here. A picture showing the problem has been approved by FT in the review section but not the review itself.

"I would love to use it but as you can see on the attached picture it wont fit into anything. The tank section is nearly 1mm wider and deeper at the bottom than it is at the top and overhangs the base quite a bit. You can force it into a SXK BB but then it's almost impossible to get it out again. Once forced in it also starts to leak like a broken tap immediately since the front an back of the tank bulge out and away from the gasket due to the pressure from the side. Due to the oversized tank section not a single panel I own fits without wobbling once the tank is in the device. This thing will go straight to the bin. Not even worth the stress and the cost to send it back. Lesson learned. Rant over."
#2 (permalink)      4/12/2022 5:07:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
post a picture, as honestly this is your 5th post in 8 years, and many of these issues are due to user error/ unfamiliarity with a new device...for instance, is this your first billet, or your 5th?

I've never experienced any issues like you describe, and honestly the fact that you are confusing two issues (tight fit and leaking) makes it seem like you may be making a mistake in some way.

Please post a photo(s), and I'd love to try to help you. This device IS a known leaker, and depending on what device you use it in, some have slightly different sized Boro recesses.

please disregard if you're just "venting" and being a bit "overblown"...god knows it happens to us all at some point, lol! I;m sure CS will contact you.

Edited on 4/12/2022 at 5:08 AM
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      4/12/2022 8:22:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 319
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos113
Mine fits fine in my BB, SXK BB, Pulse AIO and Cthulhu AIO. it's a snug fit, tight, but not to tight, or to snug. Requires a gentle "tap" to get it out when it's time to re-wick. Also I found some dental floss around the rectangle o-ring helps it not seep so much eliquid. I did reach out to the place I bought mine from and they're sending me updated SXK o-rings once they get them.
#4 (permalink)      4/13/2022 7:37:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 166
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos218
My SXK Orbit fits in my authentic Billets with no problem. As noted, it's snug but fits fine. Mine also doesn't leak - possibly the only one on the planet that doesn't.
#5 (permalink)      4/14/2022 2:26:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1068
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos376
JoshBali, I am sorry to hear about the issue with the Orbit RBA Bridge Tank you received. We need more information to find out the problem and offer you the corresponding solution. We have sent an email to you. Please kindly check your email when you are convenient. We will try our best to help you to resolve the issue.

carrion4worm, njrmayo, inswva. Thank you for your good intention to offer help here and for sharing your opinions about the SXK Orbit.
#6 (permalink)      4/14/2022 3:57:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoshBali
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos0
carrion4worm wrote:

post a picture, as honestly this is your 5th post in 8 years, and many of these issues are due to user error/ unfamiliarity with a new device...for instance, is this your first billet, or your 5th?I've never experienced any issues like you describe, and honestly the fact that you are confusing two issues (tight fit and leaking) makes it seem like you may be making a mistake in some way.Please post a photo(s), and I'd love to try to help you. This device IS a known leaker, and depending on what device you use it in, some have slightly different sized Boro recesses.please disregard if you're just "venting" and being a bit "overblown"...god knows it happens to us all at some point, lol! I;m sure CS will contact you.



I currently use 3 SXK and 3 authentic Billet Boxes (along with other Boro devices) and I'm in the Boro game since years. The fact that I don't post anything here doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. Definitely not a user error. I posted a photo here https://www.fasttech.com/reviews/photo/9747526/72213 and I did some testing before I wrote this review. The Orbit simply didn't fit into any of my 6 Billet Boxes (SXK and authentic alike) or any of my other Boro devices without force and once forced in it started leaking (tank completely empty in a minute due to the deformation of the tank from the pressure). I wouldn't mind a snug fit but this one had to be pressed in with force and it was impossible to get it out again without using a tool in the chimney from the top to force it out. I had a number of faulty SXK products over the past year (like a SXK VapeSnail which also had fitting issues or a Bridg'd v2 with a short positive pin) but that's not a problem since I'm not expecting much from a cheap clone anyway. I mostly use them to see if I like it before buying an authentic product. And yes, I was venting after waiting weeks for a finally unusable product. However, the SXK Orbit went to the bin and I now have an authentic Orbit which fits perfect into all my devices and doesn't leak at all. Case closed. Lesson learned. I simply stay away from SXK bridges with integrated tanks from now on but I'll keep using SXK bridges for testing and my SXK Billet Boxes as beater boxes at work. That's what they are for from my point of view.

#7 (permalink)      4/14/2022 6:33:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
I hate to bust anyone's "Korean" bubble, but those 115.00 Orbit "originals" are made in China, by manufacturers of clones.

That's why I'm here, folks....don't get played.
What does he mean when he says words?
#8 (permalink)      4/14/2022 8:52:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 319
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos113
carrion4worm wrote:

I hate to bust anyone's "Korean" bubble, but those 115.00 Orbit "originals" are made in China, by manufacturers of clones.

That's why I'm here, folks....don't get played.



This

#9 (permalink)      4/15/2022 2:57:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 522
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos265
Hi Josh,
Just checked your photo
Amazing f@ck up from the cloner !
I wouldn’t judge him from that single experience.
Hundreds on clones are sold and the vast majority are ok : they have no problem at all; a good portion probably have qc issues but are pretty much functional …and a tiny part are dysfunctional just like yours.
As for originals Vs. clones, there is no point in popping other consumers bubble and point out that the bottom line is quality, not where it’s made. But that’s ideologically not welcome I suppose.
#10 (permalink)      4/15/2022 9:23:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Gigirat67 wrote:

Hi Josh,
Just checked your photo
Amazing f@ck up from the cloner !
I wouldn’t judge him from that single experience.
Hundreds on clones are sold and the vast majority are ok : they have no problem at all; a good portion probably have qc issues but are pretty much functional …and a tiny part are dysfunctional just like yours.
As for originals Vs. clones, there is no point in popping other consumers bubble and point out that the bottom line is quality, not where it’s made. But that’s ideologically not welcome I suppose.


Last sentence should also say "not where it's made, or if "original" or not...as a person that buys many, many "authentic" and expensive products, many times that bubble needs to be busted, unfortunately. SXK usually has a better record than many far more expensive, "elite" products. ...and never, ever be afraid to say "fuck", lol!

What does he mean when he says words?