Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Good price
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      1/5/2022 5:33:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Rude
What does he mean when he says words?
#42 (permalink)      1/5/2022 5:58:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
carrion4worm wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:carrion4worm wrote:Good. Move on to your Aegis product thread or whatever. We don't need comments from the peanut gallery. Never seen the stories of home fires from Smok, Vaporesso and other Chinese mods? Look it up! There's even videos for those with reading issues.I ask again, why are you here, if not to just argue? Hmmm? how many times can you three say the same thing in one thread?go away, and let this thread live. Thank you. You can't be interested in this mod and not have the 100c chip be the main factor...otherwise, it's just an oversized, generic looking mod, honestly.Take your own advice, follow your own imaginary rules, and start a dedicated DNA fanboy thread Carrion. This is a mod by a mainstream budget manufacturer - we don't need constant heckling from the pretentious seats.This was it, jackass. And here you (still) are. You are so full of shit I can smell you from here. You aren't interested in anything, except piling on more words that you've said before. Go away!PS: stop giving "advice" when you haven't a clue what's being discussed. Evolv chips, Series mods...you are a joke!

Series mods....? Are you referring to the thread by Blackhack where he clearly stated he wanted to know what coils he should use to get the same 60W vape he is used to and you casually suggested a 0.40 ohm build as a starting point in a series mech? Great display of knowledge there self professed expert.

Way to cross reference totally unrelated threads - what ever happened to this is a DNA thread and non-DNA discussion is verboten?

At least try to stick to your imaginary rules.

#43 (permalink)      1/5/2022 6:45:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Not "imaginary", new guy. Threads have always been urged to stay on topic. Nothing new there. and since you have again turned another thread into a wall of befuddled words, I used this ruined thread to bring up the subject of you being a complete,idiot, as you have proven here on FT about a half-dozen times now.

If I was as dense as you, I'd probably be jealous of me too.

Understand that, at least. Or the words "shut up"

EDIT: Now, move on, again. I just did.

Edited on 1/5/2022 at 6:46 PM. Reason:
#44 (permalink)      1/5/2022 8:35:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+5 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Not "imaginary", new guy. Threads have always been urged to stay on topic. Nothing new there. and since you have again turned another thread into a wall of befuddled words, I used this ruined thread to bring up the subject of you being a complete,idiot, as you have proven here on FT about a half-dozen times now.If I was as dense as you, I'd probably be jealous of me too.Understand that, at least. Or the words "shut up"EDIT: Now, move on, again. I just did.

You're still suffering from the delusion that you rule the internet, you derailed this thread with your standard temper tantrums and idiot insistence that others are the problem. And here you are moving on by continuing to post the literary equivalent of a toilet wall finger-painting. You're incapable of moving on Carrion, your stuck in this imaginary world where you are in a position to dictate imaginary rules for others to follow, rules that you are incapable of following yourself, even though you invented them. You're not in charge or anything special - do the world of vaping a favour and go back to smoking.

#45 (permalink)      1/6/2022 4:57:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
Okay, REAL tidbit of info from SteamCrave's East Coast Distributor, VaporBeast:

"Mod is stated to be like previous entries in their "EVOLV" line, Aluminum body outside, WITH magnetic door." "Mod is stated to hold 26mm atomizers"

That's all anyone seems to know, the mod apparently has not been finalized yet, and no one has a working model.
#46 (permalink)      1/6/2022 7:34:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+5 details
Carrion4worm, I know we have had our differences, and yes I don't like you at all. If you read what Crispy has written with an objective mind and not deciding your right and he is nothing but wrong, you might see that he makes allot of good and valuable points about your behavior.

If you then decided to be different, I think you would find the acceptance you so desperately seem to want here. You might even find that you do better in life.

Try to be curious and not judgemental of the things said, really look at it. If you take the time to do that it might be allot better for your life as a whole then another mod discussion.
#47 (permalink)      1/6/2022 8:28:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Okay, REAL tidbit of info from SteamCrave's East Coast Distributor, VaporBeast:

"Mod is stated to be like previous entries in their "EVOLV" line, Aluminum body outside, WITH magnetic door." "Mod is stated to hold 26mm atomizers"

That's all anyone seems to know, the mod apparently has not been finalized yet, and no one has a working model.

Sure, they have to promote their products. And mentioning it has an Evolv board is part of that advertising blurb. But you forgot to quote the entire thing - like the tidbit that mentions it is a single 21700 mod (like the LV Ritchie7 recommended). It isn't an Evolv device - it is a Steamcrave device that includes an Evolv board.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 1/6/2022 at 9:01 PM. Reason: fights
#48 (permalink)      1/7/2022 1:13:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Shhh. No need for YOU, Crispy, to keep "replying" to my posts. This info I posted is in response to the ACTUAL questions posed in the thread, before you ran over here to play pretend, like you ever cared about this thread before...

If you EVER read, you would know that. It's called "getting a thread back on track". Now, PLEASE do not reply, UNLESS you have actual mod info to post. I will do the same when I find out more.

Thank you, in the interest of this forum.

Eternal: Shhh. My "behavior" correlates to yours. Stop following me around, and offering lame advice that you can't yourself live by. Thank you.
#49 (permalink)      1/7/2022 6:24:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 786
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+2 details
It is great we are now back on track. I posted because I do care about this thread and would like to read about the actual product, if I didn't I wouldn't read it. Unfortunately once abuse starts it is difficult to look past it.

One point that is worth discussing is, as few vapers actually use TC, would it be worthwhile to buy 3 times the number of mainstream comparable 21700 mods in the $30 - $40 price range or one Hadron Mini DNA100C?

I am on the fence on this one.

The single DNA100C mod I own is the LV Hyperion, I only use Wattage mode and have no interest in eScribe. It does perform at least as well in wattage mode - and is faster to ramp up higher ohm builds so I get the impression it uses superior components. The Evolv warranty on the board is also a major plus. And, if it is machined from Aluminium instead of a pot metal casing that is good - I'm hoping that zinc alloy being listed as a 'secondary material' is a listing error.

I also own 9 mainstream budget VW single 21700 mods, the most recent was purchased 6 months ago - the oldest purchased over 4 years ago. The mods released in the last 2 years all seem to fire as quickly as the DNA100C, but the DNA definitely has the edge at ramping up the coils when higher wattage is needed. They all function properly, but there is always a question mark over exactly how long this will continue as the warranties on all of them expired ages ago.

Assuming my budget 21700 mods all die in the next 6 months they would have had a service life of over two and a half years, so three $30 to $40 mods could last 7 years if not dropped or abused. But YMMW.

A DNA board has a good warranty so lifespan of the board should not be an issue. However the cosmetic appearance is likely to be tired, and minor niggles like tired 510 return will probably be a factor.

Personally I have only bought 3 mods including DNA, but I have waited until the new product premium has no longer been a factor and paid twice the price of a comparable DNA product rather than 3. They have all been worth paying double for IMO, but not 3.
#50 (permalink)      1/7/2022 12:35:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1755
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1815
+1 details
Crispycritters wrote:

One point that is worth discussing is, as few vapers actually use TC, would it be worthwhile to buy 3 times the number of mainstream comparable 21700 mods in the $30 - $40 price range or one Hadron Mini DNA100C?

I am on the fence on this one.

I'm in this boat: no longer use TC but I still love Evolv. I just feel like the quality of the vape is better than most chinese boards even without TC (although its subjective and the difference isn't always huge). As you said, ramp up times feel faster with DNA. DNA boards also produce a flat DC signal. Admittedly the chinese boards are better now than the old days with brutal 33hz PWM that was like a jackhammer on the coil (old vamos for example) but they still aren't as good as DNA boards.

But perhaps the most important aspect of the DNA boards for me is the fact they are designed and manufactured in the USA. We're pretty much at war with china right now, and I realize ordering a mod from a chinese company that contains a US board is hypocritical as it indirectly supports the CCP, but somehow I feel slightly less guilty considering it's also benefiting an American company. It's my cognitive dissonance perhaps. I haven't ordered a single thing from china since covid started as I do not want to support them in any way whatsoever...... but I think the time is come to put an order in and swallow my pride as there's a couple MTL RTA clones I would like to try.

Forgive me western military industrial complex, for I have sinned by engaging in commerce with the enemy. ;)

Edited on 1/7/2022 at 12:36 PM. Reason:
#51 (permalink)      1/7/2022 1:33:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
No worries, fact is, though Evolv manufactures and assembles in the USA, many of the raw materials used come from China, like every other industry in every other country.

Another fact: China made a concerted effort to become a Global powerhouse in manufacturing, and not being encumbered by politics and having a concise and clear vision of the future helped make it happen. The USA chose political infighting, large salaries for CEOs, and other traps of capitalism...INSTEAD of helping jobs stay local.

So now we, like many others, buy from China. The only "war" is financial, as Butt-hurt American CEOs lose more employees due to decades of low pay and undervaluing employees. I totally respect China - they went from "third world" to "Kingpin", no small feat for a country as large as China.

So, though some may view "Made in China" as a bit of a slag, I KNOW that they are wrong. Just like Chinese modmakers and Evolv have a circular, somewhat symbiotic relationship, so too does the American dollar and China-made goods. We need each other, and definitely doesn't affect real patriotism.