Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

V2 Reviews anyone?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      3/19/2022 8:13:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2717
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2182
ZenAnarchi wrote:

I purchased mine in Norway because of my need for instant gratification in this case. When FastTech first listed the v2 the end of February, it stated “custom order” as to the availability. When I enquired as to what this actually meant, here is the reply I received:“A custom order means it would take 20-25 business days to be available. You might place the order now to have a priority assignment once we receive the stock.” I wanted it before I was too old to care 😉


Yes indeed. However, despite FT offering them, there are certain brands that they find impossible to get hold of (Yihi, Lost Vape etc), where orders are subsequently cancelled after a prolonged wait. It kind of ties in with what Yihi have said about not offering these mods for sale in China, despite the fact that most vendors have listed pre-orders.

Thought it was worth mentioning to folk here.


ZenAnarchi wrote:

I’ll get back to you on Monday regarding the max voltage 👍🏻


Appreciate that, thank you. 👍🏻

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#22 (permalink)      3/21/2022 8:04:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
Guest
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos34
+2 details
As requested: the Variable Voltage max is 6 volts! At least with this iteration of software on the chip, which is new and may be updated… I’ll update this week and see if there’s any change. Needless to say, I’m a bit surprised 😮 Doesn’t really effect my vaping much since I rarely go under 0.4/0.5 Ohms on my builds and don’t use crazy coils… But it is disappointing!
#23 (permalink)      3/21/2022 10:18:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2717
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2182
+1 details
ZenAnarchi wrote:

As requested: the Variable Voltage max is 6 volts! At least with this iteration of software on the chip, which is new and may be updated… I’ll update this week and see if there’s any change. Needless to say, I’m a bit surprised 😮 Doesn’t really effect my vaping much since I rarely go under 0.4/0.5 Ohms on my builds and don’t use crazy coils… But it is disappointing!


Thank you very much for confirming that.

Only 6 volts? Oh my word! The previous SL-Class was 9.5 volts! What on earth are Yihi thinking of, unless as you say, the firmware will be updated to correct it.

I was holding out for the stab version, which (apparently) is dependent upon sales of the standard finished mods. However, if it stays at 6 volts, I'll be giving it a miss.

As you say, a disappointing update to the original. :-(

Thanks again for the update mate.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#24 (permalink)      3/21/2022 10:27:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
6 volts is completely usable for any vaper, as I never see anyone vape 5 volts, much less 6, and is a good trade IF there are no battery draw issues, and "real" updates to the firmware, ala Escribe...I'd still expect the dual battery YIHI to have a higher volt threshold...

Even (actually, ESPECIALLY) low ohm vapers don't vape high volts...usually higher volts are required for super high resistances, not the other way around, FYI. Anyone vaping "normal" resistances under, say...1.5 ohms won't need much more than 4.5 volts, maybe 5 with framed staples with ribbon wire...which aren't usual coils for the "high resistance" crowd.

Love to hear from anyone that vapes differently, but first I'd suggest they tighten their grub screws, lol!
What does he mean when he says words?
#25 (permalink)      3/21/2022 10:40:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2717
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2182
carrion4worm wrote:

6 volts is completely usable for any vaper, as I never see anyone vape 5 volts, much less 6

snip

Love to hear from anyone that vapes differently, but first I'd suggest they tighten their grub screws, lol!



Well you have now!

6 volts plus at 1.2 ohms. And I'm far from unique. Outrageous that some may vape differently from you...

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#26 (permalink)      3/21/2022 10:59:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
Please, tell me more...Surely you are not using Kanthal round wire, are you?
What does he mean when he says words?
#27 (permalink)      3/21/2022 11:29:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 747
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos663
I occasionally use dual 9 wrap 26/36 Ni 80 claptons at around 0.65, and single 5mm i.d. Ni80 28ga fused claptons, because I've given up on lbulky low ohm super complex wires - 6 volts simply isn't enough for me for higher resistance multi wrap builds.

However - I always use a dual battery mod for large coil high resistance builds so - Yes I do use more than 6 Volts, but no I wouldn't use them with a single battery mod so 6V max wouldn't deter me from this mod.

What does put me off is Yihi menus and joystick navigation. If they have retained the awkward interface I'm not interested.
#28 (permalink)      3/21/2022 3:05:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2717
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2182
carrion4worm wrote:

Please, tell me more...Surely you are not using Kanthal round wire, are you?


Yep.

0.42mm A1.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say across the pond.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#29 (permalink)      3/21/2022 3:10:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2717
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2182
+2 details
Crispycritters wrote:

What does put me off is Yihi menus and joystick navigation. If they have retained the awkward interface I'm not interested.


It's true, the nipple navigation of the G, T & SL Classes didn't work for everyone. I actually get on with it fine, both nipple and interface. But to some, they just couldn't get on with it. Thankfully, we have plenty of alternative options out there to suit everyone. :-)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#30 (permalink)      3/21/2022 4:35:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4794
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2880
analogueman wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
Please, tell me more...Surely you are not using Kanthal round wire, are you?
Yep.

0.42mm A1.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say across the pond.


no way! what atty?
lol! I don't entirely believe you, but if you like a super restricted, dry, hot vape, well, you'll definitely have it with that build in any mtl atty.

26 gauge is .40mm , 25 gauge is .45mm....fyi...


Edited on 3/21/2022 at 5:02 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#31 (permalink)      3/21/2022 6:20:52 PM US Central  
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2717
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2182
+2 details
Message removed by a moderator (Offensive)
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...