Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Someone has tried these tanks?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/1/2022 6:08:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 141
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
carrion4worm wrote:

wahuka wrote:
carrion4worm wrote:
The Proto Boro tank clones are indeed just a redesign of the boro, with various colors and delrin bodies. The outer sides have attractive grooves cut from top to bottom, and the 4 legs of the traditional boro has been designed to incorporate condensation/ airflow accessories.

I've ordered three, but they are still in China.

I've ordered four PRC ProRo Styled Aluminum Alloy, and they also continue in China, I hope that the spare parts of the SXK Boro Tank serve for the PRC because I have enough at home.
yes, me too! I think the glass door and gasket are identical, but until we get an actual verified customer, it's a guessing game. I didn't even see an aluminum Boro...that sounds cool...next order!lol.

SKU 9753942

#12 (permalink)      4/3/2022 7:37:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
+1 details
The more I think about aluminum boros, the more I think the excess heat retention of metal will cause cooling, creating more condensation behind the Boro tank...

...in THEORY.
What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      4/3/2022 1:41:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 141
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

The more I think about aluminum boros, the more I think the excess heat retention of metal will cause cooling, creating more condensation behind the Boro tank...

...in THEORY.

When i have them, I will say if your theory is true or not.

#14 (permalink)      4/4/2022 7:16:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 295
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos113
carrion4worm wrote:

...in THEORY.

I'm also very curious about the metal vs. non-metal boro's. I like the idea, but I think I prefer the non-metal plus there could be possible connectivity issues? Scratched coating or something inside your device perhaps?

#15 (permalink)      4/4/2022 7:20:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 141
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
njrmayo wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

...in THEORY.

I'm also very curious about the metal vs. non-metal boro's. I like the idea, but I think I prefer the non-metal plus there could be possible connectivity issues? Scratched coating or something inside your device perhaps?

I do not think they give problems, if they gave them not to manufacture them, also the original brand that sells them and that I know is left over because it is from Spain is one of the best brands on high-end devices

#16 (permalink)      4/11/2022 3:26:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 45
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos17
Does anybody know for sure the difference between this SKU 9752920 PRC ProRo Styled POM + Glass Boro Tank for SXK BB / Billet AIO Box Mod Kit (Black) and SKU 9753948 PRC ProRo Styled POM Boro Tank for SXK BB / Billet AIO Box Mod Kit (Black)?

The cheaper one looks like it comes with the glass, and the picture for this one would lead you to believe that it comes with an extra gasket. The details aren't very informative, but the more expensive one does have glass listed as a secondary material.

Is it actually possible that they would sell the tank without the glass? Or perhaps the cheaper one has a sliding window that is not glass, but possibly PC? I just find it a little strange and confusing that there are two versions of both the POM and Aluminum renditions.

With the replacement gaskets and o-rings being sold for $2.67 and the difference in price being around $2.00 or so, I'm guessing that an extra gasket is probably the only difference. Can anybody confirm or deny my assumption?
#17 (permalink)      5/6/2022 6:29:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 141
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
Proven and tested the aluminum tank, less condensation than with a normal boro tank, with the same 50/50 eliquid and in the same Billlet.

Edited on 5/6/2022 at 6:30 PM
#18 (permalink)      5/6/2022 7:06:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 141
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos29
JTL_1976 wrote:

Does anybody know for sure the difference between this SKU 9752920 PRC ProRo Styled POM + Glass Boro Tank for SXK BB / Billet AIO Box Mod Kit (Black) and SKU 9753948 PRC ProRo Styled POM Boro Tank for SXK BB / Billet AIO Box Mod Kit (Black)?

The cheaper one looks like it comes with the glass, and the picture for this one would lead you to believe that it comes with an extra gasket. The details aren't very informative, but the more expensive one does have glass listed as a secondary material.

Is it actually possible that they would sell the tank without the glass? Or perhaps the cheaper one has a sliding window that is not glass, but possibly PC? I just find it a little strange and confusing that there are two versions of both the POM and Aluminum renditions.

With the replacement gaskets and o-rings being sold for $2.67 and the difference in price being around $2.00 or so, I'm guessing that an extra gasket is probably the only difference. Can anybody confirm or deny my assumption?

Well, I would sincerely buy the cheap because it brings spare together and the other seems not, or that implies the photos, the truth is that it is a bit confusing, I think that prices must be the opposite.
I can confirm that the gasket and o-ring of the normal sxk boro tank are suitable for the PRC Proro SKU 9707776 and SKU 9707994 and also fit better and are cheaper than SKU 9753493
I also confirm that crystals are identical SXK Boro tank and PRC Proro tank.

#19 (permalink)      5/6/2022 11:43:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
wahuka wrote:

Proven and tested the aluminum tank, less condensation than with a normal boro tank, with the same 50/50 eliquid and in the same Billlet.

While I believe you in your circumstance, a few quick checks to the FB pages state a few different stories, especially at higher wattages. While I have noticed no difference at all (with condensation), as per usual with Billet/Boro devices, leaks are the more pressing, immediate problem! (lack of flavor really gets me down as well, but I'm a 22mm rda guy, so my views on flavor have been forever tainted by the Wick'D, skyfall, KRMA, and the like!) I tend to build my boro bridges "a bit leaky", as I only enjoy heavily saturated, flavorful vapes. that bit of "intentional" leaking makes condensation harder to discern, lol. As with all "tests", time and patience gives the most accurate results, so if I notice a trend, I'll report it...as of now, I feel safer saying "No discernible difference" between the two materials, condensation-wise.

While a nice "diversion", I think I will stick with the original POM material, as glass and metal always fare worse than glass and plastic. People with the Boxxer bridge will know what I'm talking about! Of note for users is the ambition Mods boro, which is excellent, cheaper, and also comes in a myriad of colors.

Edited on 5/6/2022 at 11:44 PM
#20 (permalink)      5/7/2022 3:08:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Noradavis123
  • JoinedMay 2022
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
A powerful social media video shows a Ukrainian citizen attempting to stop a Russian tank with his own body weight.
One such video claims to show a farmer clicker counter stealing a Russian military tank with his tractor. A man is seeing desperately running after the tank ...How can I tell if a release has occurred? — Be sure you check with these authorities if you have questions about the requirements for your tank type. Other ...
#21 (permalink)      5/7/2022 6:01:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Noradavis123 wrote:

A powerful social media video shows a Ukrainian citizen attempting to stop a Russian tank with his own body weight.
One such video claims to show a farmer clicker counter stealing a Russian military tank with his tractor. A man is seeing desperately running after the tank ...How can I tell if a release has occurred? — Be sure you check with these authorities if you have questions about the requirements for your tank type. Other ...

yes, I also stencil the letter "Z" on my Boro "tanks".