Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Eliteism?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      4/9/2022 4:52:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Vape696969 wrote:

By the way guys 2 x 0.9mm airflow is equivalent to 1.25mm. I have a Fev by SXK with the same airflow and it’s good. This one look exactly like a Fev, just lighter.

It just doesn't work that way...the only thing equivalent to a 1.25 FEV is a 1.25 FEV. Different atties have different structure and airflow path, though it may be "close enough", but the numbers say 1.8mm, which will probably be different enough to the kind of people that worry about such things!

What does he mean when he says words?
#22 (permalink)      4/9/2022 6:25:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape696969
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 79
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos38
+3 details
1 x 0.9mm on each side is equivalent to a single 1.25. There is no discussion possible about that: it is a fact.

I know that 1.2 could be very different depending on the atomizer, still it’s 1.2! Like a pound is a pound.

But this authentic RTA is still a copy of the Fev design and dimensions: that is the conscious selling point.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the SXK Fev air screws would fit.

don’t forget to write something after you receive it.

To tell me how different this is.
#23 (permalink)      4/9/2022 6:27:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 785
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+1 details
Two 0.9 airpins won't give the same airflow as a 1.8. A 1.8 airpin will flow approximately 4 times the amount of air as a single 0.9.

It's easier to understand with a square - a 1" square will fit inside a 2" square four times, the same rules apply with a circle..

Vape 696969 was right at around 1.25mm.
#24 (permalink)      4/10/2022 7:44:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
I'm afraid you'll both be disappointed...as I said in post 4, different structures change the "feel" of airflow, and while it may be close, it's hardly the "same".

Hate to say it, but you're comparing an apple to an orange..and, no one said it was "equal", I said "different enough for people who worry about such things." Words matter.

also, for the record: comparing dual sided and single sided airflow skews the entire subject - there is no way to "duplicate" that feel simply by changing a hole size. Again, this is subjective to how "sensitive" you are to slight changes in your vape style. As I vape many different draws, I am not one of those people. you may not be either, though some are.

Edited on 4/10/2022 at 8:11 AM
#25 (permalink)      4/10/2022 7:55:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Oh, it's Crispy.

Surprise! (just kidding, I'm not)

Still can't disseminate information, I see.

Try again much later.

Edited on 4/10/2022 at 7:56 AM
#26 (permalink)      4/10/2022 8:08:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape696969
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 79
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos38
Yes maybe but this look close enough to a Fev that I am willing to bet 26$ on it. I am pretty sure it will be more similar than different. The variable will be the form of the chamber compared to a Fev. We don’t see it in the picture but it’s seem made like a Fev. I thought there was nothing simpler than a Fev and here we are: more simple again. The only things I don’t like about Fev is their tendency to sweetened liquid. I vape only extracted tobacco and I prefer a dry yield but Fev are just so easy going and trustworthy with a silent and fluid shot. This is lighter and more compact. Can’t wait to try!
I will right back my appreciation when I receive it.
#27 (permalink)      4/10/2022 8:09:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vape696969
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 79
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos38
*write back, sorry
#28 (permalink)      4/10/2022 8:16:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Vape696969 wrote:

Yes maybe but this look close enough to a Fev that I am willing to bet 26$ on it. I am pretty sure it will be more similar than different. The variable will be the form of the chamber compared to a Fev. We don’t see it in the picture but it’s seem made like a Fev. I thought there was nothing simpler than a Fev and here we are: more simple again. The only things I don’t like about Fev is their tendency to sweetened liquid. I vape only extracted tobacco and I prefer a dry yield but Fev are just so easy going and trustworthy with a silent and fluid shot. This is lighter and more compact. Can’t wait to try!

Vape696969 wrote:

If i was a betting man, I'd bet SXK will deliver. With tobacco, i hear the FEV is great, as far as rtas go.

#29 (permalink)      4/10/2022 8:17:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 785
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
carrion4worm wrote:

Oh, it's Crispy.Surprise! (just kidding, I'm not)Still can't disseminate information, I see.Try again much later.

Word do matter Carrion - and the words you chose to use "but the numbers say 1.8mm " are very misleading as dual 0p.9 inserts will not flow as much air as a single 1.8. There are many vapers who prefer a fairly specific restriction for MTL - and they need the right information.

Nobody is quibbling about anything else you have written, just you deciding to correct Vape696969 about the effect of using two 0.9 airflow pins. It won't resemble anything like a single 1.8 and will be much tighter.

You have a Dvarw MTL I assume - before you kick off, stop and try dual pins out against a single airflow of twice the diameter - and you will find that Vape696969 was right on the money with his claim that two 0.9 pins will have a similar restriction to a single 1.25.

I prefer a fairly loose MTL and bought some dual airflow inserts and assumed that dual 0.8 would equal a single 1.6, and it was as tight AF for my preferences - the dual 1.2 seemed similar to a single 1.5, but anything smaller than that is too tight for me.

I'm not trying to take the piss Carrion as it's an easy mistake to make - and I've done it myself.

Edited on 4/10/2022 at 8:30 AM
#30 (permalink)      4/10/2022 8:21:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Words DO matter, that's right! Now, YOU tell ME, crispy critters, what do only the NUMBERS say?

That's right, 1.8.

This is about "feel", nothing else. there is no "equal" when things are not.
#31 (permalink)      4/10/2022 8:36:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 785
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
carrion4worm wrote:

Words DO matter, that's right! Now, YOU tell ME, crispy critters, what do only the NUMBERS say?

That's right, 1.8.

This is about "feel", nothing else. there is no "equal" when things are not.

0.9 and 0.9 will equal 1.8 if you are measuring LENGTH, but in this case you are measuring the volume of air that will flow through two 0.9 inlets compared to a single 1.8. The two aren't the same thing.

I have made this assumption myself and got it very wrong. Before you kick off TRY IT.

I can't be arsed to argue with you, perhaps someone can explain the math to you to help you understand.