Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Review
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/20/2022 3:02:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10884
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11507
I did penance once by serving 70 plus half way house citizens every Thursday night for a couple years.

Worst night ever was seeing my copper mod hit that tile kitchen floor.

I finally got the dent rounded a couple days later but ss mechs only from then on on Thursday.

😊
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#12 (permalink)      4/20/2022 3:21:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26268
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21058
+1 details

LOL... Inflation... Bought this one from FT for 7 bucks about 10 years ago... It's seen a lot of use and still look relatively decent... I'm kinda grateful the prices have gone up, much less temptation... Back to my vape apocalypse inventory...

@ericbnc Bent one of the brass tubes on this guy, lucky for me FT sold spares sets for a couple of dollars...

Edited on 4/20/2022 at 3:27 PM
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#13 (permalink)      4/20/2022 6:25:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
Whether users have mAny mech mechs or not is anybody's guess, but I have plenty, and this is as good as any out there, and a good bit improved over the DJV mod(made by SXK), OR the similar, but larger, improved Arcless from Mechlyfe. That's just one person's opinion, sure, but it's one person's opinion that owns them all, plus more. Mechs are often about aesthetics, when all else is equal....and this one has it in spades, and the flat sides improve firing grip - it's really quite good! This, the Tauren, Trishul V2, and Bathala(for price) are the best things going at FT, bar none. Though some may not want a new mech, others may want to take advantage of this, and other excellent Timesvape products being sold here at such good prices.

In case some of you don't know, I am an iron worker/ welder/ mechanic (not cars!), and if anyone can scratch a coat of paint/ cerakote/ anodization - it's me, lol!
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      4/21/2022 10:07:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593

but it's one person's opinion that owns them all, plus more.

Do you have an authentic Mecha? Because the clones were junk by comparison. Aesthetics? Totally subjective and, I suppose if they mostly reside on a shelf, that is important. The test of time is the only criteria I go by and, though this may pass that test, I have my doubts due to the protruding button and locking mechanism...among other nit-picking attributes like the square hole where the ball post meets the button mechanism. The slightest wobble is going to produce a "crunchy" switch, and eventually it will deform and miss-fire.

I am not saying don't buy it, please do. I am just too picky after years of almost exclusive (tube) mech use.

Edited on 4/21/2022 at 9:13 PM
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#15 (permalink)      4/22/2022 8:52:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
vape8ion wrote:

but it's one person's opinion that owns them all, plus more. Do you have an authentic Mecha? Because the clones were junk by comparison. Aesthetics? Totally subjective and, I suppose if they mostly reside on a shelf, that is important. The test of time is the only criteria I go by and, though this may pass that test, I have my doubts due to the protruding button and locking mechanism...among other nit-picking attributes like the square hole where the ball post meets the button mechanism. The slightest wobble is going to produce a "crunchy" switch, and eventually it will deform and miss-fire.I am not saying don't buy it, please do. I am just too picky after years of almost exclusive (tube) mech use.

Oh, you vape? So, IF time is the only criteria you use, I guess you just got "lucky" with your excellent, top-of-the line picks early on...good for you, but not much help to people that STILL actively purchase new, much improved products, right? Whether you say otherwise, this is probably better than any mech you currently own - it's THAT good.

Don't let your dislike of "youtubers" cloud your vision...This designer isn't really a youtuber/reviewer - never has been, he's primarily a shop owner/ personality, and he's vaped more mechs than you and I both...if that person isn't qualified to design a new mech - who is?

#16 (permalink)      4/22/2022 9:06:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
One thing of note, that I just noticed...FT doesn't offer the version I own: the black coated copper version. While the black coated brass has excellent reviews also, it has been a general consensus in the vape community that the copper/black was the best performing one. Also, for those that REALLY care about voltage drop, a quick look at Ambitionz Vaper's channel should provide that info...(hint: it's good).
#17 (permalink)      4/22/2022 11:04:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
So, you do not have an authentic Mecha. I read somewhere that you have "everything and more". Sure I got "lucky" as you say, but I invested years and dollars in that "luck". I do not "like or dislike" youtubers, so I don't know where that is coming from. As far as this design is concerned, I don't think it is "bad" and in fact I have made positive remarks about it. I do know from past posts of yours that you over-hype every product you like, and I offered a second opinion. If you have to demean my opinion to be heard or have the last word in order to be helpful, so be it.

This mod may be fine for people willing to purchase a new mod, use it a while, and move on to the next "bigger/better" thing that comes to market. Protruding buttons do not sit well on a table. The button has wobble, and this will lead to issues within the mechanism due to the square hole over time. Quarter turn locks are not dependable over time. The SMPL was a better designed mod than this one, as was the Mecha, IMO. All tube mechs come down to the firing mechanism, and this is where they fail. All things being equal, design the perfect switch, and you have a perfect mech device.
#18 (permalink)      4/22/2022 10:16:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
If it matters, I have the original, by SXK. It's fine, but nothing particularly special. Perhaps you would need to own more devices before claiming that 1 of the few you own is "God's gift to old mech tubes", ya know?
#19 (permalink)      4/22/2022 11:48:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
Or, I could just ask you....correct? Because your opinion is really the only one that counts.
#20 (permalink)      4/23/2022 7:57:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
IDK, but if you want info from an ACTUAL OWNER at FT, your options are limited, it seems.

I list info for SERIOUS vapers considering a purchase. It's NO SECRET that the Heavy Hitter was one of the best mechs released last year - there's no debate from anyone that owns it!

Do yourself a favor and get one at this price. I think I will also, in Copper finish this time.

There aren't any "ground-breaking" features, but I promise you will find the engineering aspect of this switch and locking system to be very clever, and implemented excellently.
#21 (permalink)      4/23/2022 8:23:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4262
+1 details
I kind of like the fact that this person or that person uses something and not a ton of other stuff and then looks at the new products with that lens, I think that is valuable information.

C4W your saying in the spam topic that you want to not run off potential new members, but all the while constantly getting in disputes with all the old members. Do you think new people come and see this and think, great place to have a morning coffee and a vape chat?

All opinions matter, I am not trying to dump on you C4W, I am not taking sides, but maybe try and ease up, because who cares? Opinions on products are going to be different, they just are, one persons taste is not the other persons taste. I understand that you want to give good information, and be helpful, but sometimes I think it would do you good to just be OK with two people feeling differently on a product. Maybe try and be more factual data, and less opinions, it is hard to disagree on facts, if you knew the voltage drop on both mechs and could state that information for V8, then I think it might be better than just stating things in occasional caps.

V8 I feel like you are carrying anger from other topics that you and C4W have been in, let it go or hash it out. You live such a nice peaceful life, full of dogs and nature, bro don't carry anger with you, it's not worth it. Live in the beauty and happiness around you, not the frustration of some online BS. When you are to old to do shit any more, you wont look back and say I wish I argued more online with people. As much as he is frustrating to argue with, you are too, and that is OK, but past this is better than in this.