Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Review
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      4/23/2022 8:23:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4262
+1 details
I kind of like the fact that this person or that person uses something and not a ton of other stuff and then looks at the new products with that lens, I think that is valuable information.

C4W your saying in the spam topic that you want to not run off potential new members, but all the while constantly getting in disputes with all the old members. Do you think new people come and see this and think, great place to have a morning coffee and a vape chat?

All opinions matter, I am not trying to dump on you C4W, I am not taking sides, but maybe try and ease up, because who cares? Opinions on products are going to be different, they just are, one persons taste is not the other persons taste. I understand that you want to give good information, and be helpful, but sometimes I think it would do you good to just be OK with two people feeling differently on a product. Maybe try and be more factual data, and less opinions, it is hard to disagree on facts, if you knew the voltage drop on both mechs and could state that information for V8, then I think it might be better than just stating things in occasional caps.

V8 I feel like you are carrying anger from other topics that you and C4W have been in, let it go or hash it out. You live such a nice peaceful life, full of dogs and nature, bro don't carry anger with you, it's not worth it. Live in the beauty and happiness around you, not the frustration of some online BS. When you are to old to do shit any more, you wont look back and say I wish I argued more online with people. As much as he is frustrating to argue with, you are too, and that is OK, but past this is better than in this.
#22 (permalink)      4/23/2022 9:35:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
Many of the old members suck, ES, but you already know that.

I have no idea why you are dragging me into dude's grump session - my posts are informational, and only directly pointed at any one user a very small amount - maybe read again, unbiased this time - you'll see, lol.

Should we expect this on every new product page?

"Hey, this looks good, price is great."

"Nah, it's shit. Mine's better, always."

"Okay, but mine arrived, it's nice, one of the best this year."

"Nah, it's shit. Mine's better."
"ALWAYS".

Usually, when I dont have a product, and I enter a discussion, I LISTEN
What does he mean when he says words?
#23 (permalink)      4/23/2022 9:41:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4262
"I have no idea why you are dragging me into dude's grump session"

I am not dragging anyone any place, it is an open forum for people to discuss and talk pretty much how they wish. I am simply trying to throw some reason into the mix, but that is the extent that I want to be involved honestly. It's just a big waste of time after the initial usually. That is not to throw shade at anyone, that is just what I have found from doing it.

I hope that reason leads to the two of you respecting each others different points of view, if it does great if it does not, I attempted.
#24 (permalink)      4/23/2022 9:57:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
First, my opinion included potential positives. I never, ever said the product was "shit". I simply offered an opinion, and that opinion differed from yours...period. You seem to think that a difference of opinion is calling your opinion "shit". It isn't. You need to find the maturity to recognize this fact.

As a potential buyer of a product, do I not have a right to express my concerns about that product without being insulted for having them? Time and again this happens, and it seems you would use insult to run every difference of opinion away to dominate, rather than to use fact in counter-point to be helpful.

I might even purchase this device if someone could point to the long term reliability of a switch mechanism I am in doubt about. Voltage drops are too far above my pay scale, but long term use is not. Just because the "industry/community" accepts this device, does that make it good for every single user?
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#25 (permalink)      4/23/2022 11:31:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+1 details
@EternalSpline,
Indeed there may be "carry-over" and, it is because of what I post above. I am not the only one here with a difference of opinion struggle with c4. If c4 makes a statement of opinion, there must be absolutely no dissent without the insults and dismissal that follows from him to anyone. In this he exhibits an immature disrespect rather than constructive debate.

But, that said, if I have interest in a thread that he has an opinion in, and mine differs, I will continue to post that difference in spite of, what I perceive as, bullying.

What you may perceive as anger, I see as standing ground. I appreciate your mediation efforts and will take your points into consideration.
#26 (permalink)      4/23/2022 11:55:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4262
Sounds good V8, I have disagreed with him and had issues with him in the past myself.

"What you may perceive as anger"

Yeah I need a better word, maybe resentment. I just think when you pick up some negative feeling here and keep it with you, and bring it back again, you probably had it in your life outside of here too. That seems so pointless looking at it from enough away from the situation. I see this happen to people like you that I like V8 and I don't want that for your life. I probably have an overly romanticized version of what your life is like with your dogs, and baking bread and doing the things you do. From what I know of you though I just wish good happy feelings for you. That is all I am saying.

C4W this isn't a shot at you disguised as saying nice things to him. It has nothing to do with you past the first line, and you know we have had our differences. I am not trying to bring that up to start some long fight with you, and I am going so far as to add this disclaimer as to leave nothing unsaid. As far as our differences to me, they are in the past.

Honestly though to both of you, I don't know what the weather is like where you are but it is a beautiful day here. I am going to enjoy it, and be done with my part in this. I hope you both do the same and have a great day.
#27 (permalink)      4/23/2022 6:28:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
"FASTTECH Forums - Where the grapes are SO sour they turn to whine"
What does he mean when he says words?
#28 (permalink)      4/23/2022 7:11:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10884
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11507
That lady eternalwhine is full of shit and hate8 you are too.

What the hell is authentic about a flashlight tube anyway? If 18XXX fits then your flash light will work.
Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#29 (permalink)      4/23/2022 9:16:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21593
+3 details
Both of you are just too kind and, show an unparalleled level of maturity.
#30 (permalink)      4/24/2022 12:22:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FapiFapo
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7934
  • Reviews 133
  • Kudos12120
+4 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Many of the old members suck, ES, but you already know that.

I have no idea why you are dragging me into dude's grump session - my posts are informational, and only directly pointed at any one user a very small amount - maybe read again, unbiased this time - you'll see, lol.

Should we expect this on every new product page?

"Hey, this looks good, price is great."

"Nah, it's shit. Mine's better, always."

"Okay, but mine arrived, it's nice, one of the best this year."

"Nah, it's shit. Mine's better."
"ALWAYS".

Usually, when I dont have a product, and I enter a discussion, I LISTEN

It's not : "Nah, it's shit. Mine's better."
It's more like : "there is many aspects i like/don't like in this piece of gear, so i will buy it/pass/wait for a clone at a reasonable price"

The vape conoisseur's average discussion. It's been like that for years.

GEEK IS BACK !!!, so maybe i'll be back too, sometimes.
#31 (permalink)      4/24/2022 1:30:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26268
  • Reviews 154
  • Kudos21058
+2 details
Say it ain't so... Vapers are opinionated? ;)

For myself I tend to discount an opinion if it is pushed too hard... True facts tend not to need so much support...

Debate is fine until it gets to the personal point of telling members they suck...

I wouldn't have it any other way... How boring would this place be if we all agreed closed system devices are the ultimate...

Having pretty much the whole vape gamut here is awesome...
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...