Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

How's 5Avape?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/22/2022 3:30:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2698
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2167
njrmayo wrote:

I'm wondering how 5Avape is with their QC/Clones/Etc before I pull the trigger on this. Thanks in advance!

I've found their mods to be on par with SXK. No issues that I've experienced anyway. :-)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#12 (permalink)      4/22/2022 3:38:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 217
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos106
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

njrmayo wrote:
I'm wondering how 5Avape is with their QC/Clones/Etc before I pull the trigger on this. Thanks in advance!
I've found their mods to be on par with SXK. No issues that I've experienced anyway. :-)

Thanks, that's good to know. I've got quite a few SXK bits and bobs.

#13 (permalink)      4/22/2022 3:42:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2698
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2167
I've found their QC to pretty good actually.

Hopefully, that will continue for all those pulling the trigger on this AIO. :-)
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#14 (permalink)      4/23/2022 7:40:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4792
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2877
+1 details
This possibly could be a chance for many "high end" vapers to see the actual truth of much of that industry: That it is predominantly overpriced and under-developed.

The BXR got off to a rocky start - possibly due to Hussar not really being a "wire and solder" modder, and being concentrated on Machined, milled, and drilled atomizers exclusively for many years.

It "looks" good, but honestly I would never own a device with a magnetic cover plate that wobbles in such a manner - and that's not a QC problem, but a design problem - all will be this way!

Maybe (probably) 5AVape, or the company that is "hiding behind" that moniker, have the ability to "fine tune" some of the errors made by wet behind the ears modders...I've heard MANY reports of protruding battery caps, and of course the "Boro cover wobble", made famous by Mark Todd's video review. I believe 5A vape will make a decent clone here, with a price that more correctly indicates its' true value.

This device was sold for 500.00 approx....a DNA 60 costs 65.00. While I own tons of high, and "low" end gear, I have to be careful not to fall for early releases of a product...Issues may get fixed in subsequent runs, but early adopters often pay in aggravation and disappointment. Some companies make products that I feel are worth the price they charge - but the longer I'm in this industry, the less I feel this is true. I spent an hour reading about issues with early BXR aios, and it breaks my heart.

Edited on 4/23/2022 at 8:03 AM
What does he mean when he says words?
#15 (permalink)      4/23/2022 6:51:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
"This device was sold for 500.00"

That's insane, 500.00 for the authentic of this. Even if it had none of the issues you mentioned that just seems like stupid money for what it is. RTA's are just to good to care about a 60W mod. To each there own and all of that, and I can appreciate expensive tastes, and like you said some products are worth the coin, still 500.00 seems wrong.
#16 (permalink)      4/24/2022 2:14:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11420
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5944
+1 details
@Vapor, SKU 9755199 has only a single box mod, no tank and bridge included. The same as SKU 9755200, SKU 9755201. We will add a note on our product page to make it clear.
#17 (permalink)      4/24/2022 3:42:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KilroyKid
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2017
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
If the QC is good and they fixed the door. I'm getting a white and stainless one and I'm torching the stainless bits. :)
#18 (permalink)      4/24/2022 7:07:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 217
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos106
carrion4worm wrote:

This possibly could be a chance for many "high end" vapers to see the actual truth of much of that industry: That it is predominantly overpriced and under-developed.The BXR got off to a rocky start - possibly due to Hussar not really being a "wire and solder" modder, and being concentrated on Machined, milled, and drilled atomizers exclusively for many years.It "looks" good, but honestly I would never own a device with a magnetic cover plate that wobbles in such a manner - and that's not a QC problem, but a design problem - all will be this way!Maybe (probably) 5AVape, or the company that is "hiding behind" that moniker, have the ability to "fine tune" some of the errors made by wet behind the ears modders...I've heard MANY reports of protruding battery caps, and of course the "Boro cover wobble", made famous by Mark Todd's video review. I believe 5A vape will make a decent clone here, with a price that more correctly indicates its' true value.This device was sold for 500.00 approx....a DNA 60 costs 65.00. While I own tons of high, and "low" end gear, I have to be careful not to fall for early releases of a product...Issues may get fixed in subsequent runs, but early adopters often pay in aggravation and disappointment. Some companies make products that I feel are worth the price they charge - but the longer I'm in this industry, the less I feel this is true. I spent an hour reading about issues with early BXR aios, and it breaks my heart.

Absolutely. That door and battery cap on the original, with no reply from them or replacements sent in the time he waited and asked before reviewing it, made me nervous. I'm kinda assuming that this clone will have those issues fixed and if it does, it will be really silly that a sub $100 clone doesn't have issues the $500 original had, but that wouldn't be the first time we've seen that either!

I love the curved grip, design and style. hate the screw down battery cap, but I'd get over that if it's comfy and light and smaller than a BB.

#19 (permalink)      4/24/2022 7:16:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 217
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos106
$1.00 rebate earned+1 details
Anniepan wrote:

@Vapor, SKU 9755199 has only a single box mod, no tank and bridge included. The same as SKU 9755200, SKU 9755201. We will add a note on our product page to make it clear.

Hi @Anniepan, can you confirm lead times/shipping times? Full Black says 5 days while the other color's showing "Custom Made-to-order". Please confirm.

Edited on 4/24/2022 at 7:16 AM
#20 (permalink)      4/24/2022 9:42:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11420
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5944
njrmayo wrote:

Hi @Anniepan, can you confirm lead times/shipping times? Full Black says 5 days while the other color's showing "Custom Made-to-order". Please confirm.

njrmayo, the ETA is a little longer for pre-order items. The full black one has the same ETA as the other colors, will be ready around May 20. We have changed the stock status of all these colors to "Custom Made-to-Order".

Edited on 4/24/2022 at 9:44 PM
#21 (permalink)      4/25/2022 5:48:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 217
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos106
Anniepan wrote:

njrmayo wrote:Hi @Anniepan, can you confirm lead times/shipping times? Full Black says 5 days while the other color's showing "Custom Made-to-order". Please confirm.njrmayo, the ETA is a little longer for pre-order items. The full black one has the same ETA as the other colors, will be ready around May 20. We have changed the stock status of all these colors to "Custom Made-to-Order".

Thank you, if this changes and is faster, please update us as I'll be purchasing one of these, maybe 2.