Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Price match? Manufacturer difference?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/19/2022 2:58:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
Thanks for the heads up.
#12 (permalink)      5/19/2022 3:12:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16111
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29787
With the 18650 Bestias it was better to avoid SS. They just got hot. With no exception.
A bit surprised to hear that the Slam Piece's are made of steal. I always thought that they were brass. Maybe it's nickel plate what you see underneath the paint?

Edited on 5/19/2022 at 3:12 PM
#13 (permalink)      5/19/2022 3:18:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
I was checking out the Sui-Side by Suicide Mods, authentic 125.00 in the US, not great, but not as bad as some. Next thing I know I see PSA about the mod, some screw inside, and battery issues.. Maybe that is a Sui-sign I should keep on without a side fire mech lol.
#14 (permalink)      5/19/2022 3:35:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
cilika wrote:

With the 18650 Bestias it was better to avoid SS. They just got hot. With no exception. A bit surprised to hear that the Slam Piece's are made of steal. I always thought that they were brass. Maybe it's nickel plate what you see underneath the paint?



It could be a question of which manufacturer.

I bought a Black coated engraved Purge B2B that I thought was brass. When I received it I found the tube was black painted steel although the button housing was brass. Although it performed really well the weight of the thing (also with a 21700 and RDA added was close to 400gm) which meant the engravings feel sharp in the hand.

Regular SS Slam Piece clones are available, but When I was shopping for a Slam Piece I studied the pics very carefully and noted the gunmetal version was also steel. I played safe and went for plain brass as there are coated steel versions in the range.

I wouldn't risk it - asking before buying is the safest route. The sad thing is the steel Purge B2B I bought has pretty good performance, but the combination of weight and sharp edges of the engravings makes it a bit much for my wimpy hands. The Slam Piece is a little lighter than the B2B, but not much so if you like steel I recommend choosing a smooth finish and avoid the engraved versions - only consider knurled steel if you are a masochist lol.

#15 (permalink)      5/19/2022 3:47:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16111
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29787
+2 details
Just googled, the Purge B2B is bottom fire. That's alright there are tons out there made of SS. It seemed to me, the side fire ones like the Slam Piece, (Bestia) didn't work out from SS, the currant just doesn't flow as it should be and it can become burning hot. Was it in 2017? or 18

They can be extremely good with plating in China, I had a couple of surprises in the past. (especially when taking off knurling from a couple of mods' switches) ;) Just saying.

Also, concerning weight, there's not much difference between brass and SS.
#16 (permalink)      5/19/2022 3:52:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16111
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29787
+2 details
The 'Bestia Mods Furia Style' looks good Eternal, just google it, it'll turn up ob the first place.
#17 (permalink)      5/19/2022 4:57:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5886
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4195
I checked that one out, seems to be one of the few left that I am seeing around. It's not 21700 though, so that kinda stinks. It's cool, I shouldn't be buying any more stuff for awhile anyway, I don't know why I keep looking. That one fits the bill perfectly except battery size though. Something just clean and simple, none of the graphics or crazy knurling stuff.
#18 (permalink)      5/19/2022 5:06:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
+2 details
EternalSpline wrote:

I checked that one out, seems to be one of the few left that I am seeing around. It's not 21700 though, so that kinda stinks. It's cool, I shouldn't be buying any more stuff for awhile anyway, I don't know why I keep looking. That one fits the bill perfectly except battery size though. Something just clean and simple, none of the graphics or crazy knurling stuff.



There is a 28mm version of the Bestia that takes 21700. If you look at Alisomething, put mech mod 21700 in the search a couple show up.

#19 (permalink)      5/19/2022 5:12:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
+1 details
cilika wrote:

Just googled, the Purge B2B is bottom fire. That's alright there are tons out there made of SS. It seemed to me, the side fire ones like the Slam Piece, (Bestia) didn't work out from SS, the currant just doesn't flow as it should be and it can become burning hot. Was it in 2017? or 18

They can be extremely good with plating in China, I had a couple of surprises in the past. (especially when taking off knurling from a couple of mods' switches) ;) Just saying.

Also, concerning weight, there's not much difference between brass and SS.



You're right,

My concern about the weight isn't so much about steel being heavier - its more about the sharp edges, taking any pointy bits from brass can be done with a little work it isn't so easy with steel. And the combination of heavy and sharp is too much for my wimpy hands lol

#20 (permalink)      5/19/2022 5:23:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16111
  • Reviews 390
  • Kudos29787





This is the one.
#21 (permalink)      5/19/2022 5:28:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos656
cilika wrote:

This is the one.



Looking at the Bestia twice in one day - now I want one. Dammit