Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Good to see at FT, Finally!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/17/2022 3:32:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
Good to see at FT, Finally!
The SXK Billet now has a serious contender for the title "Best Boro Device sold at FT"! This is a solid effort from stalwarts Aspire and Sunbox - who honestly have designed some of the best Chinese-made Vape gear available anywhere.

This keeps the same design motif as their previous SBS, the Mixx. Same chip, same functions. Same colorways, same excellent build quality. Now, I hear these didn't sell well, and I don't know why, could be price, maybe? Makes no sense to me, as these are excellent quality - only lacking a premium chip to hold it back from complete greatness.

My second favorite "mass market/mainstream" Boro device - after the SXK/YFTK Billet Box reproductions - AND, this is authentic (if that matters to you).

The more expensive version is a more complete kit, with an Aspire/Atmizoo collab "All in One" Boro/bridge combination - which isn't great, but it sure isn't bad, either. Completely competent, and a nice addition - it's just overshadowed by the real star - The Boxx itself.

Those in the market for a durable, metal pocket AIO - this is the second best option, on many levels, and even besting the Billet releases on price, though Aspire's "look alike" chipset is nowhere close to an Evolv DNA60...it's just good, not great, in that department.

Check into it, especially if you need durability over light weight. It's basically the same weight as a Billet - so very manageable and definitely not a burden. Look it up!
What does he mean when he says words?
#2 (permalink)      6/17/2022 7:01:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos32
I was glad to see it here finally too, always wondering why it never gained much takeoff like some others did, under $100 with decent rba feels fine, I'm thinking the weight maybe, or that low side fire button, but this and mixx got lot of conversation and then just seemed to poof
#3 (permalink)      6/17/2022 7:56:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lucifer_Dreams
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7660
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos8415
+1 details
I just purchased the Deluxe version today. 94ish normal price, with 15 percent off about 80ish price. I needed a solid box that I can use at work, plus it has the way I like to have a battery installed. Once received will give a full review.

I just couldn't pass up the 15 percent off. Sales addict I know. You would think after 4 years of shock therapy I would be cured. But Nooo, Fasttech just has to keep pushing deal after deal. So I spend all my money and have to live under a bridge. I will at least have all my vape gear and solar powered battery chargers. Na, just kidding. It is the weekend and I couldn't resist.
Never play with matches. You might burn the skin off your face.
#4 (permalink)      6/18/2022 2:13:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
+1 details
I honestly didn't like mine at first, but as others have come (Pulse, Cthulhu, etc), I realized that true quality was sitting on my shelf, unused! It really is a high quality, and though some who don't wear belts may find it "heavy", there's a certain quality to a device that can take a tumble with no worries...this is one of them - just don't drop it on bare feet!

I'm always on the go, and work in Commercial Construction/Fabrication. Mods like this just have more appeal than dainty, easily broken devices. I love them, too - they just stay home! The low-ish fire button is the biggest issue other than materials/weight, and after a few days use, it feels as normal as the Mixx/other SBS style mods.

Love that FT is getting Aspire products - better late than never.
What does he mean when he says words?
#5 (permalink)      6/18/2022 6:12:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16982
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
Watched Todd's reviews on this one the other day, he said it was actually not heavier than a BB, which is surprising.
But I find it too tall (87mm without DT??) , too voluminous, too square, damn big logo on the front, so it would be hard to me to compare it to the MIXX which I found "highly customisable". lol! Unless for he chip Aspire uses in it, is a very good reliable one. (but don't ask me about TC)
I straight battery tube and a clear acrylic window could radically change the impressions though ;)
#6 (permalink)      6/22/2022 11:26:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2688
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2831
Lucifer_Dreams wrote:

I just purchased the Deluxe version today. 94ish normal price, with 15 percent off about 80ish price. I needed a solid box that I can use at work, plus it has the way I like to have a battery installed. Once received will give a full review.

I just couldn't pass up the 15 percent off. Sales addict I know. You would think after 4 years of shock therapy I would be cured. But Nooo, Fasttech just has to keep pushing deal after deal. So I spend all my money and have to live under a bridge. I will at least have all my vape gear and solar powered battery chargers. Na, just kidding. It is the weekend and I couldn't resist.

Me Either...

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#7 (permalink)      6/29/2022 9:28:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2688
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2831
Lucifer_Dreams wrote:

Finally, shipped out today...

“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#8 (permalink)      6/29/2022 5:47:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lucifer_Dreams
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7660
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos8415
+1 details
XDM45ACP wrote:

Lucifer_Dreams wrote:

I was lucky, mine shipped out on the 24th.

Never play with matches. You might burn the skin off your face.
#9 (permalink)      6/29/2022 11:34:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Becak
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 653
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos460
Lucifer_Dreams wrote:

XDM45ACP wrote:
Lucifer_Dreams wrote:

I was lucky, mine shipped out on the 24th.

you are so lucky...

#10 (permalink)      7/1/2022 2:21:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16982
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
The 2.0 (SKU 9746701) looks much slimmer, the design sort of reminds me of old radiators.

Any thoughts on that one? (and on the Molen bridge)
#11 (permalink)      7/2/2022 2:24:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2688
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2831
+1 details
cilika wrote:

The 2.0 (SKU 9746701) looks much slimmer, the design sort of reminds me of old radiators.

Any thoughts on that one? (and on the Molen bridge)

I like the BOXX Deluxe, all the gear that comes with it and for $80 bucks, I thought that was just great...