Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Connection and threading issues
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/31/2022 2:51:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos31
Connection and threading issues
Mine came last week, looks awesome, loving it until I tried to swap a Drip tip, when I first got it the flush nut was hard to get out and back in, I figured bad nut, or dull tools, but my tip was fine, just lucky the tip I choose to try first was fine, now out 20 or so tips, clone and original, only a couple will thread in, they all work on my sxk bb, authentic, most of my Boro... So OK, whatever, that's Boro life, but now I'm having constant 'check atomizer' problems, tried tips that fit, removing orings on tips that have them, differt tanks and rbas, haven't found a combo that works reliably for a few hours

Then just now my sliding top battery cover just gave my quite a bit of heat on my lip as I was puffing with a short Drip tip, so I wondered if maybe it's related to the battery ground and sliding cover? It's nice and tight, it has magnets and the spring of the battery positive seems to hold the cap firmly, so firmly that I don't think it'd slide out if dropped.

I've had this hot spot arcing type thing on one other mod that had a threaded battery cap on bottom, if held with pinky on it it'd give you quite a bit of heat, can anyone better explain how this happens, what might be done to help on this mod, wonder if it's related to check atomizer issues?

Anyone else having threading or connection issues with their ion? I've had lots of problems with boro nuts, one of my pulse has similar problems, the cthulhu can be weird with one or two integrated tips, but this is different that most tips don't thread it past one turn, has anyone found a way to lubricate or increase contact in a Drip tip thread? I'm thinking it's not the normal flush nut /rba top bad connection
#2 (permalink)      8/1/2022 6:23:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 420
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos122
Not at all, it sounds like it might be defective.

Mine does also get warm between the battery cap and the lip area where you hold your mouth to vape it, but so does the authentic, so that's not anything out of the ordinary. The flush nuts however, that sounds like a bad thread tap from the factory. I purchased SXK's flush nut spares along w/ this Ion Box and they work flawlessly, along with the Signature Tips SXK flush nut I already had, and of course the stock nut it came with. All are also SXK BB compatible.

Mine works flawlessly except my screen came in DOA, but hooking it up to escribe I can check my resistance and set wattage and everything while I wait for the warranty screen, but my battery cap is flawless and I don't get any check atomizer/shorting issues. If you tighten the nut to tight, you can't remove the battery cap and that's also another thing w/ the authentic due to the cap/top plate design.

I'd submit a request and see what they say about it. Everything that works in your SXK BB and others should work in this.

Edited on 8/1/2022 at 7:03 AM
#3 (permalink)      8/1/2022 10:58:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos31
Thanks, yeah there is something weird going on, when I try to move the rba, battery and Drip tip to another dna60 boro it acts differently, this ion won't fire at the same rate, seems to show battery bar flashing too early, like there's some massive volt sag or something, could all be the nut threads,their definitely wonky

I have a request in, I'm sure fast tech will take care of me, it's just weird how much strangeness is happening with possibly just weak threading affecting the circuit completion
#4 (permalink)      8/1/2022 11:00:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 420
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos122
Ericsgreen wrote:

Thanks, yeah there is something weird going on, when I try to move the rba, battery and Drip tip to another dna60 boro it acts differently, this ion won't fire at the same rate, seems to show battery bar flashing too early, like there's some massive volt sag or something, could all be the nut threads,their definitely wonky

I have a request in, I'm sure fast tech will take care of me, it's just weird how much strangeness is happening with possibly just weak threading affecting the circuit completion

Yeah it surely sounds wonky. They handled my DOA screen very quickly and efficiently so hopefully the same goes for you!

#5 (permalink)      8/1/2022 12:42:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LukeV
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 187
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos123
Mine has been absolutely flawless, but I'm using the stock nut that came with it and haven't tried any integrated tips with it.

FWIW though, I have had compatibility issues with integrated tips on OTHER mods though. Like I can take the 510 nut from my Cthulhu and use it on my SXK BB and vice versa, but then I have 2 SXK Mission integrated tips and both will work on my Cthulhu and only 1 works on the SXK BB. And then I also have a Dagon integrated tip that will work on my Cthulhu but not on the SXK BB. The whole situation doesnt make a bit of sense on paper but in reality, that's just how it is. Not all threads are created equally.

And on top of all that, I haven't found a single thing that will work on a Pulse AIO yet besides the stock nut but I see pictures all the time of people using integrated tips on them. I just haven't been lucky enough to find any that work.
Teenage angst has paid off well. Now I'm bored and old.
#6 (permalink)      8/14/2022 9:22:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos31
@anniepan @lydia

I haven't had word on my support ticket in a bit, is there any info yet? Please and thank you

#7 (permalink)      8/15/2022 2:35:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1189
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos661
@Ericsgreen, the CS staff has replied to you in the support ticket. Please check it.