[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Anyone elses DNA60 feel lazy in this one?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      8/15/2022 4:49:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 397
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos247
+1 details
So to sum it up, in case some aren't getting it, the problem here is the power isn't getting to the board from the cell.
So the cell isn't up to it and in this case that seems unlikely so that leaves the connections between the cell and the board. Assuming that Cell Soft Cutoff is set to the default Evolv setting of 2.75 volts.

Edited on 8/15/2022 at 4:50 PM
#22 (permalink)      8/15/2022 5:05:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 168
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos244
+2 details
So, yeah, shitty wiring/soldering, shitty materials and/or machining of those materials creating voltage loss. It's a clone, obviously, but at $160 I'd expect at least a functional device.

Putting an authentic DNA60 in a turd doesn't make it less of a turd.

Edited on 8/15/2022 at 5:08 PM
#23 (permalink)      8/15/2022 8:09:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 397
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos247
+1 details
As I posted earlier I believe that the loss is at the battery door. One way to get a good idea of this would be to use a volt meter while firing high wattage. Measure at locations of red arrows. My SKK BB had a reading of 0.08 volts firing @ 45 watts measured between the battery negative contact and the drip tip connector....for reference.

Edited on 8/15/2022 at 8:12 PM
#24 (permalink)      8/15/2022 8:14:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 397
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos247
inswva wrote:

So, yeah, shitty wiring/soldering, shitty materials and/or machining of those materials creating voltage loss. It's a clone, obviously, but at $160 I'd expect at least a functional device.Putting an authentic DNA60 in a turd doesn't make it less of a turd.

I totally agree.

#25 (permalink)      8/16/2022 6:49:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 472
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos133
inswva wrote:

So, yeah, shitty wiring/soldering, shitty materials and/or machining of those materials creating voltage loss. It's a clone, obviously, but at $160 I'd expect at least a functional device.Putting an authentic DNA60 in a turd doesn't make it less of a turd.

Agreed. It should still function properly. I'll submit a ticket I think, another ticket since I've got one out for the DOA screen already. Thanks for the info and confirmation, peeps.

#26 (permalink)      8/16/2022 8:29:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 397
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos247
+1 details
It's been a while since I bought a new device (not counting the recent SXK Bantum). My wife is the gambler in the family but I just spun the wheel on a silver DNA one. If nothing else I'll get to see first hand what the good, bad and ugly is with it.
I kicked it around for a couple of days and discovered the "DEALS" code and that put me over the edge.
#27 (permalink)      8/17/2022 3:42:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 397
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos247
The silver one has been discontinued, black one on the way.
#28 (permalink)      8/18/2022 7:46:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AutomaticFailure
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 154
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos69
+2 details
I think I fixed the issue with the 'lazy' feeling.
Removed the top nut plate and underneath. Be careful as there is two tiny ass orings that push up the contact to the battery cap. There is a copper ring where the nut screws in. Bent that upwards ever so slightly and installed the extra orings in the package. Put it back together, making sure the screws are not death grip tight, just snug.
Doing that seemed to have raised the contact up slightly and the connection to the battery cap feels more secure.
Been watching the wattage and I am not getting a reduced power from what I set anymore.
See how long it actually lasts or if it's just a placebo, but does seem to help.
Maybe in the future, might add a tiny piece of tape under the contact to keep it raised up slightly.
#29 (permalink)      8/18/2022 8:14:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 397
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos247
Great to hear that AF, I was wondering what those tiny o-rings were for.
#30 (permalink)      8/20/2022 4:42:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 472
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos133
AutomaticFailure wrote:

Removed the top nut plate and underneath. Be careful as there is two tiny ass orings that push up the contact to the battery cap. There is a copper ring where the nut screws in. Bent that upwards ever so slightly and installed the extra orings in the package. Put it back together, making sure the screws are not death grip tight, just snug.
Doing that seemed to have raised the contact up slightly and the connection to the battery cap feels more secure.
Been watching the wattage and I am not getting a reduced power from what I set anymore.
See how long it actually lasts or if it's just a placebo, but does seem to help.
Maybe in the future, might add a tiny piece of tape under the contact to keep it raised up slightly.

Ah that's good info right here. I may also do this. To bad you didn't make a video but ty still for this info and test!

#31 (permalink)      9/9/2022 7:28:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos30
AutomaticFailure wrote:

Thanks AutomaticFailure.
It works for me.But I just lift the copper ring a little.
Did you put the two orings on top of what it brings? I tried and I was unable to close the battery cap.

Edited on 9/9/2022 at 7:35 PM