[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Here we are
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/8/2022 4:08:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30140
Here we are
First mech boro box from China! (as far as I know)
That price would be maybe acceptable if it had a mosfet, for example. For a plain mech is a bit steep. Just think of the squonk boxes in the past. They were going for the half of this (or even less) even at the beginning.

But this is maybe a good start =)
#2 (permalink)      7/8/2022 4:56:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2869
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2328
cilika wrote:

That price would be maybe acceptable if it had a mosfet, for example. For a plain mech is a bit steep.

It is. However, given they're perceived as a trend right now, I think it's a classic example of a manufacturer 'making hay while the sun shines' IMHO.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#3 (permalink)      7/8/2022 5:22:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30140

It is. However, given they're perceived as a trend right now, I think it's a classic example of a manufacturer 'making hay while the sun shines' IMHO.

Exactly.
It'll be an interesting year for these boro mods, we'll see.

A week ago I was given an old column drill. Needs a little cleaning but it works perfectly. Just getting some little stuff, tools, bits together which would make easer to make panels for these things =)

#4 (permalink)      7/8/2022 6:16:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2869
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2328
cilika wrote:

It'll be an interesting year for these boro mods, we'll see.

Yeah, I think you're right.

I doubt I'll ever be persuaded to use them myself though. A bog standard mod and atty suits me best. Getting too old and set in my ways I guess... LOL!!

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#5 (permalink)      7/8/2022 6:33:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30140
+3 details
Don't call yourself old lol! =)
And never know... After all there's not much difference between these and an attyontopofamod thing when you get a hang on it.
It started with me that one day I saw a Dot SE for €40 on a site, a very pretty looking little box, with a tank + a couple of coils, then later on I thought "I'm not going to buy those damn coils again"...(even if they were rather good)

You just reminded me a (much older) forum mate who was saying the same. It took 18 months, finally he gave in for dvarws (just because it was bottom fill) and 6 months later he announced, he wanted to try squonking as well! O.o
So these sort of discours I just can't take seriously since ;-)
#6 (permalink)      7/8/2022 6:55:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5998
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4279
The materials look good, but for that price you can get one with a chip.

They should make one with the battery under the tank, more like a side fire tube mech. Do the constant contact thing.

These things do get allot of shorts though from what I have seen on youtube of people setting up different boros. I wouldn't want the mech to be my only.
#7 (permalink)      7/8/2022 7:10:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 167
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos244
EternalSpline wrote:

These things do get allot of shorts though from what I have seen on youtube of people setting up different boros. I wouldn't want the mech to be my only.

You would definitely want a regulated boro mod in addition to a mech boro mod. I test all my bridge/tank builds in a regulated boro mod before using in my mechs. It's the only way to be 100% sure.

#8 (permalink)      7/8/2022 7:13:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30140
No shorts Eternal. Sure, you need to set up your bridges on a VW device.

Ironically, this is a very close thing to a mech made by a French modder, I just bought some weeks ago... the Eliohm. (once in 5 years I buy an OG device, 2 weeks later the clone of it appears, that was a bummer!!! - but this could be a quasi direct clone of it) =)
If I started using reg. mods, it was for the practical side when you're out and about, but I still far prefer mech. Though chips are way better these days than they were 4-5 years ago.

For a chipped version, you've got that Pharaoh mod which you saw on the other place.

Or as you say, we had some choices lately to get one with chip for the same price.
#9 (permalink)      7/8/2022 7:18:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5998
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4279
I paid maybe a few dollars different for the pulse AIO.
#10 (permalink)      7/8/2022 7:19:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4973
  • Reviews 220
  • Kudos6085
+1 details
much older ???
#11 (permalink)      7/8/2022 7:21:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified