[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

It LEAKS like a muthafxxka
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/21/2022 12:35:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
valeriezxy
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos1
It LEAKS like a muthafxxka
just got this SXK version rta..
it leaks even the juice flow control is closed.
sad
#2 (permalink)      7/21/2022 2:15:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 442
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos128
I'm sure its the wicking, not the tank. Keep trying!
#3 (permalink)      7/21/2022 4:09:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hazozita
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 547
  • Kudos55
It could be the wicking, but if it leaks readily with the JFC closed, it sounds like an o-ring issue. Either one is damaged or one is missing.
#4 (permalink)      7/21/2022 4:12:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
fahad999
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2020
  • Posts 55
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos17
+1 details
first batch of the original was flawed , they had to replace the deck because of leaking issue, i guess sxk didn’t clone the updated deck.

put more cotton and see if this can help.
#5 (permalink)      7/21/2022 4:33:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
valeriezxy
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos1
+1 details
fahad999 wrote:

first batch of the original was flawed , they had to replace the deck because of leaking issue, i guess sxk didn’t clone the updated deck.

put more cotton and see if this can help.

thanks Fahad999.
the only way to make the tank full of juice, i have to rewick with fresh dry cotton without any juice on it.
Allow the JFC open, fill it with juice as quickly as possible and close the top cap.
It vapes perfectly, the flavour are superb with MTL setup.
then repeat the process without hassle of leaking.

#6 (permalink)      7/21/2022 4:37:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
valeriezxy
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos1
hazozita wrote:

It could be the wicking, but if it leaks readily with the JFC closed, it sounds like an o-ring issue. Either one is damaged or one is missing.

i dont think so is the orings the culprit.
my guess is is the metal intact inbetween the juice flow control, it is not tight/seal enough.

#7 (permalink)      7/22/2022 10:47:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3018
$2.01 rebate earned+2 details
with the tank empty, and fully assembled, position your fingers over the air inlets, and blow firmly through the drip tip. If you hear audible air hiss, it's usually a missing seal. Otherwise, it's wicking...it's earlier iteration had a certain "knack" to the wicking, and this could be sinilar.

Regardless, if you don't have the earlier version, don't miss out - one of the very best in my collection, easily beating most of the better-known "heavyweights".
What does he mean when he says words?
#8 (permalink)      7/22/2022 11:49:35 AM US Central  
FTisaScam
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedJul 2022
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Message removed by a moderator (SPAM)
#9 (permalink)      7/25/2022 7:24:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 767
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos367
Todd indicates this flaw in his review here:https://youtu.be/cuITWpy1EMA. Apparently the manufacturer sent the buyers an updated deck.
It might help if the FT team relay this information to SXK or other manufacturers (any chance Annie Pan?!). I’m sure SXK won’t send us free decks. But it might help with release and sale of updated decks or models.
Honestly it looks and functions well enough for me to buy an updated deck or RTA.

Edited on 7/25/2022 at 7:26 PM
#10 (permalink)      7/25/2022 9:36:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1210
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos684
+1 details
@valeriezxy, we are sorry to hear about the leaking issue of the RTA you received. To better know the problem, we have contacted you by creating a ticket. Please check the ticket when you are convenient. Thank you.

@FrankieS, SXK manufacturer says that the RTA they offered is with the updated deck. We have asked them to pay more attention to the leaking issue. If any other customers have the same leaking issue of the RTA, please feel free to contact us. We will reflect it to the manufacturer and offer the corresponding warranty.

Mod (lydia) edited on 7/25/2022 at 9:37 PM
#11 (permalink)      7/25/2022 9:39:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11054
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6921
carrion4worm wrote:

with the tank empty, and fully assembled, position your fingers over the air inlets, and blow firmly through the drip tip. If you hear audible air hiss, it's usually a missing seal.

Learn something new every day. Stupid simple, yet I had no motivation to think and\or attempt it. Grassy ass for that idea.

Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"