[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Ugh?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      7/31/2022 1:01:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Torkpork
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
Those MK Mods panels look pretty good. I'm not sure about the forum policy on this but would you consider being a semi-local modder? Thinking out loud. You mention euro, so you can't be too far from the UK.
#22 (permalink)      7/31/2022 3:03:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos32
Dang, of I'd known that was vv red I would've gotten those earlier, I got pink in atemporal, been on a real pink thing here too, pink and black is boss...but the cthulhu aio looks too red and not fluorescent pink enough, guess I need to look for actual pics!

And yes that pulse drill design is really slick, for $6 a set of panels is perfect to play at modding! I can see through the frosted just enough on a frosted mod, I had to get mk clear for black pulse though

Ive got a bizzare problem, I can't use the pulse vessel in any other mod, and can't use any other rba in the pulse aio... I mean, I could but it feels so wrong, it's absolutely bizarre, no other combos feel this way, never have before either

#23 (permalink)      7/31/2022 3:28:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30140
Torkpork wrote:

Those MK Mods panels look pretty good. I'm not sure about the forum policy on this but would you consider being a semi-local modder? Thinking out loud. You mention euro, so you can't be too far from the UK.

I like the idea and already thought of that ;)
If there were a vape shop nearby, especially one that is interested in these kind of gears, at all, any rebuildable, it'd be interesting to associate with them. And it would make things easier. Sadly, it's not really the case. I'm in France.
But I'm leaving in some days, will be away for 4-6 weeks, will be back in Sept. Then, if you don't find any solutions, we can speak about it again and find out smth, just find me back here.

By the time, if it tempts you,

this is a great tool to have: SKU 5011002 ;-) To be honest, I'm quite new to it too. (just to encourage you)

#24 (permalink)      7/31/2022 3:32:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30140
Ericsgreen wrote:

Dang, of I'd known that was vv red I would've gotten those earlier, I got pink in atemporal, been on a real pink thing here too, pink and black is boss...but the cthulhu aio looks too red and not fluorescent pink enough, guess I need to look for actual pics!

And yes that pulse drill design is really slick, for $6 a set of panels is perfect to play at modding! I can see through the frosted just enough on a frosted mod, I had to get mk clear for black pulse though

Ive got a bizzare problem, I can't use the pulse vessel in any other mod, and can't use any other rba in the pulse aio... I mean, I could but it feels so wrong, it's absolutely bizarre, no other combos feel this way, never have before either

The Cthultu is PINK enough, I know right, had the same doubts before I received it too, after the net photos. =)

Here!

And it's not that matt as pics show.

Now the weird thing, that I've changed out that green button since to a silver one, and now, I'm missing it =D

Edited on 7/31/2022 at 3:37 PM
#25 (permalink)      7/31/2022 4:07:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Torkpork
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
cilika, I will seriously look into that drill bit. We can see how things go. If all else fails, we can work something out.

ps the quote system on these forums is infuriating.
#26 (permalink)      8/1/2022 7:52:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16593
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30140
Torkpork, good luck for it. And have fun!

Ericsgreen, when you use those red VV panels on a black mod (I've got the grey frosted) they are rather orange-ish red. But the lightening of the screen through it is pretty pink! As I said above, it would work out better on a white frosted Pulse.
#27 (permalink)      8/4/2022 8:11:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Torkpork
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
cilika: what kind of drill did you use and I was also wondering about what you used to hold the panel in place while you drilled it?

The only drill I have is a mains powered impact hammer drill and while it has an adjustable trigger the range goes from crazy to no one lives.
#28 (permalink)      8/4/2022 2:30:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2246
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8655
Torkpork wrote:

cilika: what kind of drill did you use and I was also wondering about what you used to hold the panel in place while you drilled it?

The only drill I have is a mains powered impact hammer drill and while it has an adjustable trigger the range goes from crazy to no one lives.

I believe she has a workmate type workbench if that's any help

And I'd be very careful wi an impact driver on thin plastic panels

could prove to be disastrous ;)

#29 (permalink)      8/4/2022 4:39:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Torkpork
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
+1 details
macranife wrote:

I believe she has a workmate type workbench if that's any help

And I'd be very careful wi an impact driver on thin plastic panels

could prove to be disastrous ;)

Thanks. I know the kind of thing you mean. I'll weigh up how much I am likely to use the new drill and bench I would likely have to get.

#30 (permalink)      8/4/2022 8:24:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 676
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos382
+2 details
Torkpork wrote:

Dude, Ya don't need a Fancy Workbench ... Ya just need to be NOT a Retard about the process !!! You'll definitely need a High Speed Drill, because Plastic tends to "Crack" when drilled at Slow Speeds (just borrow one from a neighbor or friend, and offer to leave $50.00 collateral because most people don't like to loan out their tools), You'll need that Drill-Bit SKU 5011002, You'll need a Soldering Iron (or a Red Hot Nail & a set of Vice Grips to hold it) to make the Starter Hole, You "should" get Yourself some Scrap Plastic to practice on (old pieces of Taillight from a Car Crash will do), and finally ... a Hunk of Solid Wood to go underneath the Panel getting drilled (at least twice as thick as the depth Ya "plan" on drilling. A Thick Leather Glove for the Hand that Holds the Panel wouldn't be the worst idea ... but that's where NOT Retarded gets a little Fuzzy.

Is The Fucking You Get, Worth The Fucking You Get ???
#31 (permalink)      8/5/2022 12:51:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Torkpork
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos22
VicViking wrote:

Dude, Ya don't need a Fancy Workbench ... Ya just need to be NOT a Retard about the process !!! You'll definitely need a High Speed Drill, because Plastic tends to "Crack" when drilled at Slow Speeds (just borrow one from a neighbor or friend, and offer to leave $50.00 collateral because most people don't like to loan out their tools), You'll need that Drill-Bit SKU 5011002, You'll need a Soldering Iron (or a Red Hot Nail & a set of Vice Grips to hold it) to make the Starter Hole, You "should" get Yourself some Scrap Plastic to practice on (old pieces of Taillight from a Car Crash will do), and finally ... a Hunk of Solid Wood to go underneath the Panel getting drilled (at least twice as thick as the depth Ya "plan" on drilling. A Thick Leather Glove for the Hand that Holds the Panel wouldn't be the worst idea ... but that's where NOT Retarded gets a little Fuzzy.

Excellent. Thanks for the advice