[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Dna?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/2/2022 8:18:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
I took the gamble and ordered it here too, regardless of if the listing isn't quite accurate and what might show up in my mailbox. As I said before, still not a bad price if it looks, feels, and functions well with whatever 60W chip might be inside it.

I haven't seen SXK near this mod in any listings on any site, and they certainly like to plaster their name onto anything they have a hand in and fix the MSRP. So, I can only hope it doesn't show up with a SEVO70 chip in it.

The PEI, and even the grey PEEK didn't look bad at all, though, of course, they're only manufacturers photos. I've watched an unboxing of the real thing (the ultem version, and it was damn sexy), and it doesn't look like there is a USB port anywhere to be found. Then again, that's not a deal breaker for me since I don't tend to use escribe much on my DNA60s, much more on 75C & 250C.

And now I'll be thinking about the coolness of Star Trek crews as I try to fall asleep...
#12 (permalink)      8/2/2022 9:08:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 167
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos243
No USB port on the OG but it can be programmed using a DNA60 dongle.
#13 (permalink)      8/2/2022 10:02:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos39
Problem that I have with all Chinese mods with dna60 that don't have usb port is that they don't calibrate the chip at all. They just chuck it in, put in a battery see that it works and call it a day. At least if they have usb port you can short it and calibrate it in escribe.

My 2nd issue with no usb is that I can't fiddle with battery curves. We just get stuck with stock...I believe it's 3.2V cutoff.

Also if you're into temp control, there's no profile for SS 316L, only for 316.

There is a solution. It requires some fiddling but, it can be done.
Just take out usb module from another DNA60 device (if you have one) and either solder it to this board or solder some wires with appropriate diameter copper that will match contacts in the DNA60 board so then it can be used as plug and play usb module.

It is a hassle...I dunno.

P.S.: Does this thing even come with a contact nut of any sort?

Edited on 8/2/2022 at 10:33 AM
#14 (permalink)      8/2/2022 6:54:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 159
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos30
I was going to ask for one in 3F and yesterday all sold, what strangely, right?
Apart from what cost 100 $ more than those of Fastech.
I will remain attentive to see what is next ...
#15 (permalink)      8/3/2022 3:10:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lydia
Staff|M|
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 1210
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos684
We are sorry that the chip of the mod is not DNA. It is with a normal 60W chip. We have removed the wrong description on the product page. We sincerely apologize for the confusion caused.
#16 (permalink)      8/3/2022 3:34:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 640
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos352
Ahhh Haaa, $78.00 and it doesn't even have a board made out of dilithium crystals !!!
Is The Fucking You Get, Worth The Fucking You Get ???
#17 (permalink)      8/3/2022 4:42:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JTL_1976
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2019
  • Posts 47
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos19
VicViking wrote:

Ahhh Haaa, $78.00 and it doesn't even have a board made out of dilithium crystals !!!

Yet, maybe this mystery board is equipped with a hyperdrive... or possibly even a flux capacitor???

#18 (permalink)      8/3/2022 5:12:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wahuka
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 159
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos30
They have told me in another store that The Chipset is the Same One with the Styled Hussar BXR.
#19 (permalink)      8/3/2022 5:43:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cebzab
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2018
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos39
+1 details
VicViking wrote:

Does it even have a contact (I dunno if it's positive or negative) nut?

Seriously though, if this thing doesn't even come with the flush nut it's way to expensive.

Proprietary chip that doesn't have a stealth mode or a boost function (Mixx, Boxx, BXR, 5avape stuff)- check
No contact nut - ?
No boro tank - check
No nautilus bridge/kanger rba - check
No drip tip - check
Cheaper CNC on unlicensed delrin (aka. POM) compared to CNC on aluminium - check (the bit literally doesn't wear out / faster milling time compared to alu)
Unproven quality/fit and finish - check

Let's translate this to numbers - Mod 78$ + Flush Nut 5$ + Boro 5.5$ + Kanger RBA/Nautilus Bridge (Even if you're not gonna use it) 10$ + drip tip 2$ = 100.5$ for an unproven design, quality, fit and finish with a basic 1.5$ chip.

I think I paid 100$ for the dna bb here on ft way way back which also had the kanger bridge/adapter.

Only reason why this could be a bit more expensive is because of the lower volume production + hype.
But even if you wanted to get hyped about this mod, there's like 1 Russian dude on YT that did the review and another guy who did like a fancy hipster b-roll video without any info about the product and like 3 reddit posts.

Also if this is a 1:1 clone, the advertised dimensions are for sure wrong....74mm height should be more like 84mm.
I can't find it anywhere online, but the Russian dude in the video compared it height wise with the Cthulhu Aio and Orca looks like it's about 4-5mm taller.

This doesn't seem like a good value.

Edited on 8/3/2022 at 6:54 AM
#20 (permalink)      8/3/2022 8:41:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16526
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30067
All valid points!

I think the manufacturers are just thinking like this: "the original is $350+ ! So lets make a nice price tag!"
Simple as that...
#21 (permalink)      8/3/2022 9:55:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 640
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos352

NOT !!!
Is The Fucking You Get, Worth The Fucking You Get ???