@annipan I want to get a refund for wrong items mailed
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/18/2021 1:09:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
majus
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos6
+3 details
@annipan I want to get a refund for wrong items mailed
On May 10th I ordered 2 electric toothbrushes (SKUs 9696451 & 9696452) but due to sender's mistake I've received different items (SKUs 9619033 & 9619034). Whilst the items I've got look exactly like the ones I ordered they don't connect to the official Android app outside China. For these items that is a major feature for which I paid a good price. I'm not satisfied with the items I've got and want FastTech to take a full responsibility for the sender's mistake.
In the FastTech "Shipping & Refund Policies", under the section "Incorrect Description / Wrong Items Mailed" it's stated: "FastTech will exchange the item or fully refund you.". I contacted FastTech support on that matter but they've refused to accept the items return due to COVID-19 related restrictions, nor they were willing to provide a full items cost refund. The best offer which I've got from the was ~30% refund which is simply unacceptable in a situation like this.
I just want FastTech to comply to their own policies and provide 100% refund for a wrong items delivered. I'm happy to accept it as a gift certificate.
Thanks.

Edited on 9/19/2021 at 3:41 AM. Reason:
Answer
Anniepan
Staff |M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11600
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos6096
Hello majus,

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, it was our mistake that didn't notice the manufacturer offered us the wrong item. We apologize for this. I think the suggestion you mentioned in ticket is acceptable, I will offer the solution for you there.

Thank you for your concerns and help, dear MSAKSA, carrion4worm and djvillan, we will help majus solve the issue asap.
#2 (permalink)      9/18/2021 10:04:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MSAKSA
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 344
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos195
+1 details
Add Attn : Annipan to the title. She will take care of your issue
#3 (permalink)      9/19/2021 2:42:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
I remember you, I think. Haven't you had these products for a while, and used them? If so, you should not get a full refund, or even expect to. A 30% refund AND two nice products that you have used, and have to now keep?

That's a fair deal, IMO. If you opened the package, how can they resell it? Think about it....
What does he mean when he says words?
#4 (permalink)      9/19/2021 3:38:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
majus
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos6
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I remember you, I think. Haven't you had these products for a while, and used them? If so, you should not get a full refund, or even expect to. A 30% refund AND two nice products that you have used, and have to now keep?

That's a fair deal, IMO. If you opened the package, how can they resell it? Think about it....

Your opinion is based on your assumptions, which are wrong.
I didn't know that the items I've got are wrong until I opened the package and tried to connect the item to the Android app. When that didn't work I've contacted FastTech support and also posted on the forums here. FastTech support was practically useless and I had to do my own investigation. After a long discussion they've actually admitted the fact that it's their fault but refused to accept a return. And that wasn't due to the fact I've already opened the package and used the items but they have used COVID-19 restrictions as an excuse for not accepting the return. So then I requested a 50% refund but they've started to bargain going from $10 and eventually the amount has been increased to $50. The actual price I've paid for these items is ~$160.
It's just humiliating for me to argue on such a matter so I had no interest in participating in that discussion anymore. I have no trust for the official FastTech support anymore.
Now I've decided to bring that matter up again, which may draw someone else's attention to the issue. There's still a hope that FastTech would want to sort out this conflict properly.

#5 (permalink)      9/19/2021 3:50:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
Okay, but you said my "assumptions" were wrong, when you described exactly what I thought happened, lol! You HAVE had the
products for months, and you have used them...you just said so!

Anyway, you can try to screw FT if you want, but it sounds like they have given you their final offer....,and from the POV of someone who orders from FT a LOT, they are actually being pretty fair with you...

But, if anyone will have compassion with you, its Annie. She's usually great, but it's not her job to just give away expensive products, so expect to make some concession.

Good luck

@ANNIE
#6 (permalink)      9/19/2021 4:07:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
majus
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos6
You simply have no idea how often I order via FT. That's clear from the fact that you consider the aforementioned items "expensive". Thanks for you input anyway.
#7 (permalink)      9/19/2021 4:11:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
carrion4worm wrote:

Okay, but you said my "assumptions" were wrong, when you described exactly what I thought happened, lol! You HAVE had the
products for months, and you have used them...you just said so!

Anyway, you can try to screw FT if you want, but it sounds like they have given you their final offer....,and from the POV of someone who orders from FT a LOT, they are actually being pretty fair with you...

But, if anyone will have compassion with you, its Annie. She's usually great, but it's not her job to just give away expensive products, so expect to make some concession.

Good luck

@ANNIE

Fasttech warranties.

Return for refund within: 45 days
Return for replacement within: 6 months

#8 (permalink)      9/19/2021 4:35:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
majus
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos6
Ah I see what might be confusing here. I've actually reported to FT support soon after I received the package. It's when I realized that they aren't willing to comply to their own policies I've stopped trying to reach them.

Edited on 9/19/2021 at 4:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
#9 (permalink)      9/19/2021 8:23:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4851
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3042
majus wrote:

You simply have no idea how often I order via FT. That's clear from the fact that you consider the aforementioned items "expensive". Thanks for you input anyway.

You compare two totally unlike things (your order history, definition of "expensive"), and somehow forge a conclusion that makes no sense.

How does one's order history influence Webster's Dictionary?

I guarantee you, IF those products were STOLEN, or MISSING, you would say "Damn. Those were some Expensive toothbrushes, too..." I'm not the one asking for free stuff.

You are trying too hard to fight, when there's no reason to. 45 days has clearly passed without resolution, but as I said before - Good Luck.

#10 (permalink)      9/19/2021 9:20:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
majus
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos6
The reason I've decided to bring this matter back up is that I need to know whether I may trust FT my future purchases or not. I'll be fine wihout the refund but then making really expensive purchases here won't be acceptable for me.
#11 (permalink)      9/19/2021 9:42:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
FT sent you the wrong products. Due to the price of the products they will likely request you to return them before they issue a refund. They will also refund you the shipping cost.

Returns
1. How to return a product?
Here's what to do:

Items must be returned with original packaging, manuals, and all accessories and documents provided by the manufacturer.
Create a request by visiting this link: http://support.fasttech.com/products/RTRN

If a product is DOA or shipped incorrectly, FastTech covers all shipping charges.

For all other cases of returns, a staff will quote you the actual shipping costs incurred (the non-refundable portion), and provide you a RMA number.
Proceed and send the items to the following address. Note that the returning package must be postmarked within 14 calendar days from the date you received the RMA number.
Processing time after your return arrives is approximately 10 days. Refund, should you request one, is sent corresponding to the original method of payment, and you will receive a confirmation e-mail.

Restrictions:

If products are altered or modified, warranty and money back satisfaction become void.
The satisfaction guarantee does not cover customized, volume discount, and/or wholesale orders.
When returning, we recommend using a trackable shipping method. FastTech cannot be held responsible for items lost on the way back.

*Definition of delivery date: for EMS/DHL and some registered airmail packages, the delivery date is displayed on the courier's tracking site. For orders that do not have online delivery dates provided by the courier, the delivery date is assumed to be 21 calendar days after shipment.