[AMA]I'm back - all bashing and criticisms welcome
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      12/21/2021 3:20:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
geek wrote:
[quote][/quote]

Hi geek,
I was thinking about what Skeeeets wrote.
There is a much more simple solution.
It would be a very big help,
if Annie could mark threads with colors:
green = OK
yellow = watch
red = dangerous
purple = perhaps closing within 7 days
Thunderstorm = only 3 days left
#32 (permalink)      12/21/2021 3:42:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6940
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10330
+2 details

And Troepfler, thank you for your suggestion. As a middle ground, for now, I'll try to start moving heated political discussions to the off topics section.

Anything none product related should be not seen on the main forum page. Good call Annie.

#33 (permalink)      12/21/2021 10:55:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2593
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2771
+2 details
END RACISM...NOW
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#34 (permalink)      12/21/2021 12:47:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+1 details

Anything none product related should be not seen on the main forum page.

I don't think that is exactly what she wrote. And, did you forget shipping and payment issues in your exuberance to dictate the Forum content?

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#35 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:01:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6940
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10330
vape8ion wrote:

Anything none product related should be not seen on the main forum page.

I don't think that is exactly what she wrote. And, did you forget shipping and payment issues in your exuberance to dictate the Forum content?

Are you triggered V8 :)) Shipping and payment issues ARE related to products.

Your none product contrarian musings can always be viewed in the off topic pages that don't subject the buying public to yours or my differences of opinion !!

#36 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:03:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+5 details
If you look at the numbers, I think you will see that "Off Topic" threads are rather popular. For instance, there is a thread on the front page presently with 328 responses and over 5,000 views. There are few posters in the thread, maybe 20 at the outside. That would mean that, if no one but the participants were clicking on the thread, they would have to be entering approximately 250 times each. In my opinion, there are many watching the thread other than the participants and therefor also exposed to product information. It is my opinion that "Off Topic" subjects draw interest to the front page enough to at least consider a solution that does not entirely eliminate "Off Topic" threads from it. I actually would never have remained a member or shopped here for as long as I have if it were not for the Forum as it is.
#37 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:07:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+1 details
No, I'm not "triggered" as you put it, Richy. I am sure you would like to make this personal, but I'm not going there. My interest is purely in expressing my own opinion and in opposition to the kind of censorship that you espouse.
#38 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:21:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+3 details
I am sure that "differences of opinion" are actually beneficial. What we are discussing here is more related to insult and defamation. Scat spam, or any spam, should be moderated out of our threads, period. What you seem to want to do is eliminate that which you "personally" find offensive, (politics), and whereas you do have a right to lobby that position, others have a right to lobby otherwise with respect. I will remain in opposition to your position until the issue is resolved.
#39 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:23:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6940
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10330
vape8ion wrote:

No, I'm not "triggered" as you put it, Richy. I am sure you would like to make this personal, but I'm not going there. My interest is purely in expressing my own opinion and in opposition to the kind of censorship that you espouse.

If they don't fix this issue now whilst things are relatively calm wait until the build up to the 2024 shi#show....

I suppose you must have enjoyed the drama and worse these last few years.

And you cant blame 1 side for all that was expressed on these pages that helped kill the forum.

#40 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:42:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
I do realize that the build-up to 2024 may be the "show" you describe but, let us remember, no one is compelled to click on a thread except by their own volition. Your suppositions of my interest are valueless in this discussion. And, as you have brought up the past, you have been involved right alongside of everyone else. So don't go "holier than thou". Look at your own participation before you indict others for theirs.
#41 (permalink)      12/21/2021 1:49:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8747
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31382
+6 details
Lol, Richy, whose only contribution to this forum is calling people names when he thinks they have upset his girlfriend, is calling for a product-focused, clean forum.

Every thread is hilarious these days.

Anyway, great to see you back Geek.