[TALK]Let's talk and try to get along
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/4/2022 6:41:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
$0.50 rebate earned+6 details
TALKLet's talk and try to get along
The other "bash me" thread has gotten a lot of messages about the historical issues and frictions among our community.

I wanted that thread to be a place for customers to complaint about issues. This forum issue is legit, but it drowns out everything else so I had to delete quite a bit of messages.

I apologize for how I should have kept a backup of the delete messages, and move them to this thread instead of deleting them. I didn't back them up, and I'm sorry about this.

I also apologize for the lack of moderation from us "back then" when the friction first started, which led to where we are today.

I will be part of this thread, and unless there is rule-breaking content (terms of use), nothing will get removed.

Mod (geek) edited on 3/4/2022 at 6:51 PM. Reason: add flair
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#2 (permalink)      3/4/2022 6:46:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+2 details
I thank you for the opportunity to continue to work toward resolving our differences with your oversight.

Edit: I also notice that the "kudo" button is absent. This, I believe, will help.

Edited on 3/4/2022 at 6:49 PM. Reason:
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#3 (permalink)      3/4/2022 6:54:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
geek
Tech Staff
  • JoinedJun 2012
  • Posts 3424
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos4445
+1 details
I'm actually not sure why it's missing -- looking into this.

EDIT: it should be back now.

Edited on 3/4/2022 at 7:00 PM. Reason:
All questions and comments are welcome. We are here to help.
#4 (permalink)      3/4/2022 6:59:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10816
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11490
geek wrote:

I'm actually not sure why it's missing -- looking into this.

Maybe it's not a problem for a while.

Persons mentioned eliminate kudos.

This could be a test bed too if you recreate the "problem"

😊

Up (censored by PRC) creek with a 8 inch long piece of fecal matter for a paddle
#5 (permalink)      3/4/2022 7:05:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+1 details
My opinion is that without the "kudo" feature it will encourage people to weigh in, in their own words, rather than try to weight a statement or idea coming from their "faction". So it neutralizes potential abuse of the feature.

Edit; either way, I will not be using it. I would wish there were a way to prevent, or hide any kudo given to me.

Edited on 3/4/2022 at 7:13 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      3/4/2022 7:22:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10971
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
+1 details
Kudo still available on mobile.

Im partial to the option. It can save message space, as it won't require someone to post "I agree" if they don't feel too compelled\encouraged to writing similar paragraphs.

As is, yes there is abuse, and most definitely would be abused more if there was a "negative\disagree" button. One thing I can really say I appreciate about the "kudo" is that it lists which user hit it. Good or bad, singling out users is helpful information.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#7 (permalink)      3/4/2022 7:39:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
It does have the positive aspect of identification, yes. And, that it saves you message space while on the go. I had not thought of that. Giving instant feedback is a boon.
#8 (permalink)      3/4/2022 8:02:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10971
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6871
One suggestion for forum sanity..... Please do not add a PM option. Tons of abuse will happen, and I can guarantee "moderating" it will be overburdening. Unless you have very strick requirements before any account is allowed to PM, for example, 15 legit reviews within the first 8 months of account creation and 100 legit forum posts. Even then I think it can go bad quick.
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#9 (permalink)      3/4/2022 8:07:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
So, do we need a synopsis of todays debate?

There is a call for ceasing to support "trolling" certain members by "alt" accounts.

There was an answer by one member calling on those who support said trolling to remove their support.

There was an inference that members of FT Forums, that are also members of Discord, used the Discord channel to subvert FT business in the way of a "group buy" being promoted by Discord members, however, there was no evidence forthcoming.

There was an accounting of the true intent and purpose for the opening of a Discord Channel to invited members of FT Forums, and an accounting for the perception that Discord was used to be disruptive of FT Forums.

There were statements that place blame for the current strife in evidence on FT Forums, only upon dual members of both sites and that paint all dual members with the same brush.

There was but one member that came forward with an acknowledgement of culpability and acceptance of responsibility.

If I missed anything of note due to the debate being expunged and a poor memory, please fill in the gap....
#10 (permalink)      3/4/2022 8:10:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CleanFT
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 22
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
the use of pronouns in their plural forms
#11 (permalink)      3/4/2022 8:13:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
Sorry Skeeets...hit the post button before I saw you had posted....mea culpa.